OTA/Radiant Barrier

1,073 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by canadianAg
canadianAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We cut the cord last year and had an small indoor antenna that worked great from our apartment on the 2nd floor. We just bought a house in far west katy and radiant barrier was installed over the entire roof, so as you can imagine I can't pick up anything. Is there a way around this, besides putting something outside?
aezmvp
Other than Vue or Sling or Direct Now? I'd probably go with the low profile outdoor. I'm not sure how well anything is going to work well under there?
canadianAg
AG
Should've clarified, we already have sling. We really just want the local channels now.
Vernada
AG
I had to use an outdoor antenna.

I was able to strap it to my existing dish and use the coax that was already run from there to the interior.
Whitetail
AG
Clever.
SF2004
AG
Let me guess... terrible cell reception in the house too?

I am dealing with the same issues. I can't even talk on the phone in the house.
agracer
AG
Odd, I had DIY coat hanger antenna in my attic with radiant barrier and got plenty of stations just fine.

Have you tried putting it in the attic, pointing in the correct direction, and then back feeding to the COAX line up there?
tamusc
AG
agracer said:

Odd, I had DIY coat hanger antenna in my attic with radiant barrier and got plenty of stations just fine.

Have you tried putting it in the attic, pointing in the correct direction, and then back feeding to the COAX line up there?
What kind of radiant barrier are you using though?
TxAggieBand85
AG
Mohu Sky 60. Mount is outside, small and should comply with HOA if that is in place. I live in far north Harry County and get all the local channels including Bryan channel 3.

Mohu Page

Can be found for $99 'refurbished' with an additional discount. I bought mine from Amazon Prime. Mine is in the attic, but do not have the techshield though the entire attic.

agracer
AG

http://www.atticfoil.com/
tamusc
AG
agracer said:

http://www.atticfoil.com/
Wow, I'm surprised you do so well with an attic antennae with that stuff.
canadianAg
AG
Ya we have pretty much no cell reception except in a few places. We'all walk out of the house and voicemails start coming through.

Decided to just pay an extra $5/month with xfinity to have ten channels
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.