Old Tech - What do you Have?

7,519 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by eric76
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have my old ColecoVision and about 7 old handheld electronic games that still work.
YouBet
AG
I have a slew of VGA and RGB cords in a bin.
Zman91
AG
Victrola from the 1920s
dfdogfood
AG
TI-2500 Datamath calculator, 1972, doesn't work, first electronic calculator I remember seeing

OLD slide rule, used in high school, 1974, still works, but there are operator issues

HP-55 calculator (bought it at Loupots in North Gate, 1977), still works
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
G Martin 87 said:

I have an original Sega Genesis that still works and gets used pretty often. Also have several older laptops dating back to 1999 or so, plus a couple of MacMinis. My DSLR is a 2006 Olympus E500, which still takes great pictures.

But the pride and joy of my old device collection is a NIB US Robotics Palm Pilot. I also have a 3Com Palm Pilot, a Palm Pilot V, a Palm Pilot Tungsten T, a Treo 650, a Centro, and a first gen Pre.
LOL. That was my laptop at A&M.
eric76
AG
I've been using a 200 MHz computer nonstop for years for certain tasks. After one (of many) power failure caused by the ice storm earlier this week, it refuses to boot.
eric76
AG
dfdogfood said:

TI-2500 Datamath calculator, 1972, doesn't work, first electronic calculator I remember seeing

OLD slide rule, used in high school, 1974, still works, but there are operator issues

HP-55 calculator (bought it at Loupots in North Gate, 1977), still works

I have a couple of slide rules. I don't think I've used them in the last ten years, though.
SlackerAg
AG
Atari 2600, Sony Walkman and a Commodore-64 floppy disk drive.
taxpreparer
AG
It has only been a few years since I finally threw out my dad's old 4-track car tape player.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Cepe
AG
I have a first generation Chumby that still plays internet radio.

An Ag in CO
AG

From 1985. It got me through college and now it's getting me through work. The downside is the display doesn't handle some of the large numbers I work with, but that's a first world problem.
bco2003
AG
An Ag in CO said:

From 1985. It got me through college and now it's getting me through work. The downside is the display doesn't handle some of the large numbers I work with, but that's a first world problem.
RPN FTW!
Cepe
AG
An Ag in CO said:

I LOVED my HP. I still have it but it died a long time ago. I think the last time I looked they were pretty expensive to get one still on eBay.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I know I still have one, and maybe 2, 12c's. Most people hated them, but as a long time adding machine guy, I got it right off the bat.
mietek
Howdy The Fife, I'd love to get the Apple Workgroup Server 95 PDS card off your hands. Care to part with it? Shoot me an email at mietek@gmail.com
BusterAg
AG
I have an old odysee gaming console, although the joysticks on both of the controllers are pretty much shot. One has a broken spring, and one doesn't register movement. I have been meaning to make one good joystick out of them for about 20 years.

I also have a pretty extensive set of HO thunderbolt slot cars and racetrack.
SJEAg
AG
I used the same GE digital alarm clock for over 30 years. Got it for my 6th BDay in 1983 and I gave it up maybe 2-3 years ago. It was huge...like a small shoebox size/shape, and had that awesome 80s wood grain finish. Cassette player died long ago, but the alarm and time worked like a champ. Finally, the static started to be a bit much, so gave it up much to my wife's delight.

People were laughing at it in college, and I still got another 15 years out of it.
Dr.Rumack
Ranger #007 said:

Found a mini disc player my mom bought at some point a few weeks ago.

How much do you want for it? Good ones easily fetch $100 on EBay.
Dr.Rumack
Rex Racer said:

I have my old ColecoVision and about 7 old handheld electronic games that still work.

There's a Complete ADAM Computer in my Dad's storage. We even got the disc drive thinking we could use Apple games with it. Oh boy was my Dad a dreamer. Sold some of the odd programs and manuals on EBay a while back for like $50 or so. Kinda boggled my brother's brain.
You never really lived until you played whatever the flying one was that we had on cassette. Yes, cassette.
The daisy wheel printer was sweet because you could switch out fonts.
It did what it needed to though. We could get to CompuServe and order real games and have them sent to my buddy's house. Took my Dad a while to catch on. Good times.
Also BBS (I think that's what they were called) were the way to find people. Weird that you could sorta easily find someone at your school and never know they had that username.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've been using the same alarm clock since sometime in the early 90s. I must have got it in middle school before we moved to Houston in 93. Works fine. I use the alarm in my phone now. I actually also have a gimme analog clock on my bathroom counter. I got it st our Project Graduation in 1997 and it's Sat in my bathroom sink ever since foe the last 24 years.
lb3
AG
Old Apple ][e at my mothers house. Had duo-disc drives for pirating software.
Post removed:
by user
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Literally just sold some of my old tech this past weekend, a VHS player, a dual cassette player, and an original XBOX.

Still have a Pioneer laser disc player that I bought in mint condition off eBay to replace the original unit I bought in 1994.

PS1
2 PS3 players
Some kind of Nintendo from the early 90s
A couple of older iPhones
Still have some 3.5" floppy discs
Still have a handful of movies bought in the early 80s on Beta tapes (no player)
Still have most of the Disney animated movies on VHS
TexAgBolter
AG
Gen 1 Zune
The Fife
mietek said:

Howdy The Fife, I'd love to get the Apple Workgroup Server 95 PDS card off your hands. Care to part with it? Shoot me an email at mietek@gmail.com
I found out that the PDS card is actually a developmental test unit or prototype. Think I'm going to hang onto this one...
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Cepe said:

An Ag in CO said:

I LOVED my HP. I still have it but it died a long time ago. I think the last time I looked they were pretty expensive to get one still on eBay.
Mine is at least 35 years old - original battery- use a little every day ! WHY ???????????????????
eric76
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.