Tablet/Laptop Combo?

1,448 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mesocosm
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the market for an excellent laptop/tablet hybrid. Need one by this summer and willing to wait until Aprilish to purchase. What are the thoughts? At it's most base level, the Surface Pro 5 seems like a good option.

Looking for advice from other users with more context than myself
nwspmp
I've deployed and have a Surface Book. I've been VERY happy with it, and it's gotten the laptop/tablet hybrid as close to right as I've seen.
AgMarauder04
AG
How does the surface book compare to the surface pro?
taxpreparer
AG
I bought a Surface Pro 3 about eighteen months ago and have loved. However, in the last few weeks, it has stopped recognizing any keyboard except the pop-up touch screen keyboard. I have tried every "fix" I have found on the internet, except for a complete restore, to no avail. I have tried a USB keyboard with no success. My next step will be a Bluetooth keyboard, but I will probably end up taking it to a Microsoft store.

I like my Surface Pro 3, but this is disconcerting and you should know it seems to be a common problem, before buying one.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
AgMarauder04
AG
I've heard EXCELLENT things about the Pro 4 and if I buy one, I'm waiting for Pro 5.
coastalAg
AG
Check out the new convertible XPS from Dell that was announced at CES. I have used an XPS 13 the last several years and it is a great machine. I prefer it to the Surface Book and Surface Pro.
The Dog Lord
AG
I got the Surface 3 since I wanted something even smaller than the Pro versions. It has worked great. If/when I want something bigger and more powerful, I'll definitely be getting a Pro.
AgMarauder04
AG
coastalAg said:

Check out the new convertible XPS from Dell that was announced at CES. I have used an XPS 13 the last several years and it is a great machine. I prefer it to the Surface Book and Surface Pro.

Does it have a detachable tablet?
Premium
AG
Lenovo Yoga X1. I had the consumer Yoga Pro 2 and then got this one for work. I can't think of one thing it's lacking or frustrated me with. I use it for data crunching big excels.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

I got the Surface 3 since I wanted something even smaller than the Pro versions. It has worked great. If/when I want something bigger and more powerful, I'll definitely be getting a Pro.
Love my Surface 3.
MGS
coastalAg said:

Unfortunately, the new 2-in-1 XPS 13 will use a Core M processor and is a huge downgrade over the regular XPS 13.
Rutedown
Enjoying my HP Spectre. Thin, powerful and looks good.
Swede
AG
For work, I've used the Dell Venue, the Dell Latitude 7350, and the Surface 3. Surface 3 wins by a landslide. The Dells are buggy, don't hold a charge, break easily, and are too large and bulky to be used as an actual tablet. Haven't seen the new XPS, but there also seem to be a lot of issues when docking and undocking from the tablet keyboard to a docking station on the ones I've used. I get a BSOD about every third time I undock from the docking station and try to use the keyboard.
mesocosm
AG
mesocosm
AG
mesocosm said:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.