Backup Solution

639 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by UmustBKidding
wrinkledink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to beef up my backup solution. Here's my current setup:

All computers (2 laptops and 1 desktop):
- Monthly full backup of C drive - 1st day of the month. I keep the last two backups
- Daily incremental backup of C drive at midnight
- Daily Crashplan backup of all documents

The full and incremental backups are stored in an external drive (1 per computer). Clearly, that's not enough backups. Would y'all add more external drives or switch to a different backup solution?

I'm trying to minimize down time in case of a drive crash.

Thanks

DAM
AG
Crashplan.

dam
saw em off
Backing up the entire C drive is overkill. If you crash, it's not like you can do a full restore to your C drive and everything be back like it was. You're still going to have to load your OS and install all your apps. Just weekly backup your files, pics, vids, etc.

What I do, all my data is on a mirrored (Raid 1) NAS. I back that up weekly to another external plus I have most of my stuff in the cloud anyway. If I lost my C drive, I've really lost nothing, Just rebuild to a new HDD.
UmustBKidding
I typically do a Ptov conversion occasionally and back that up. Then you can boot it as a VM until you get a chance to build a new machine and find all the images and install keys to put everything back on it. Some software you have to uninstall to use the keys again and you can do this on the VM typically and not have to begging companies to reactivate your keys because your machine crashed. Then all you have to deal with is stuff you no longer have the install media for or stuff the company does not exist anymore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.