Dell Customer Service - problem with my order

1,290 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Short story: my order got cancelled and Dell doesn't know why, but they said if I want to re-order it I will have to pay the current price, not the Black Friday price. What's the best course of action?

Long Story: I ordered a laptop for my mom on black friday using a couple giftcards I had that were about to expire. I got an e-mail a little bit later saying there was a problem with billing my order, so I contacted Dell via chat the following week and they said the order was approved. But for some reason the order was cancelled, and I contacted Dell today since I hadn't seen the balance charged on my credit card, and they aren't sure why it was cancelled. They said they'd look into it and contact me in 12-24 hours, but that if I wanted to buy the laptop again I'd have to pay the current price.

Has anyone had any issues like this? Any tips on resolution? If they say that I'll have to pay the current full price, and I say no, how likely are they going to be to say "let me check with my supervisor... ok, he said we can give it to you at the sale price?"

Thanks
95_Aggie
AG
Dell Customer Service sucks
BadMoonRisin
AG
I work for Dell (not in CS) but i can escalate the issue for you if you want me to.
txyaloo
AG
Email "Michael Dell" and explain the issue. Executive escalations should make it right. I managed enterprise executive escalations for a while and had great latitude to fix things.

michael_dell@dell.com
V8Aggie
AG
People still buy Dells? WTF
hph6203
AG
They're #3 in the market behind only HP and Lenovo... You must live under a rock.
bigtruckguy3500
Yes please. They contacted me and said I'd have to rebuy it at the regular price. Or should I do the e-mail that txyaloo suggested? Should I post my purchase ID number?

Thanks
txyaloo
AG
You're not going to lose anything emailing executive escalations. They're in place specifically to resolve issues like this.

After working executive escalations, I now give normal customer service three tries to fix an issue. If after the 3rd my issue isn't resolved, I send an email to the CEO. Things generally get resolved w/in 24 hours of sending the email.
bigtruckguy3500
Should I include the chat I saved with the first CS rep that said my order was approved?
Pro Sandy
AG
I had the same thing happen to an order with Dell. Pissed me off so much I bought my laptop from someone else instead. That was 2013. Good to see things are still just as poor at Dell.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Received
bigtruckguy3500
email sent.
Matsui
AG
another successful texags connection
Leeman
Congrats on the sex !
Knucklesammich
Worked for Dell for more than 10 years ...spent q ton of time in consumer. The exec escalations team via Michaels email is the way to go.
txyaloo
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Should I include the chat I saved with the first CS rep that said my order was approved?
Depending on what back end chat system they're using now, your chat should be saved in their back end system.

I'd at least have a screen shot ready. Did you get an order number the first time? Generally people that go to executive escalations actually have a legitimate problem. Most people just trolling won't take the time to find the CEO's email address and send a complaint.
bigtruckguy3500
Just got a purchase ID number, which I think is different from order number. BadMoonRisin forwarded my issue up the chain, so I'll wait to hear from them. Really hoping they fix it soon so she can get it at least by Christmas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.