RPG recommendations for xbox 360

1,251 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ABKitch
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a game for my nephew on xbox 360. He's 13, he has Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim and loves them. I'm looking for another one that would be appropriate for a 13-year old.

His parents (my sister and brother-in-law) are somewhat hyper-sensitive to violent games and guns, and I'm kind of at a loss on what else would be appropriate for him. Specifically, she thinks FPS games are terrible and offer no positive value, only encourage violence, so something like Borderlands won't fly. Violence in Elder Scrolls ilk is ok, but violence of the Fallout ilk won't be

Any suggestions?

jr15aggie
AG
The Batman games are fantastic (Arkham Asylum is the first). Not an RPG, but it's an adventure game. The first is a bit more linear, but the sequel Arkham City is open world and more like an action RPG.

They have a combo pack with both games on Amazon for under 30.
AgMarauder04
AG
I would suggest Dragon age, if not for the sex.
Line Ate Member
AG
Shadow of Mordor might be ok also. If Skyrim is ok, then fantasy violence should be fine as well.
kb2001
AG
Thanks for the suggestions.

I thought of Fable also, would those be good? I see they're rated T so I would think that's fine

maverick2076
Fable 2 is awesome and would be great. Fable 3 is unplayable garbage.
jr15aggie
AG
I kinda liked FF XIII... Introduce the kid to Japanese style rpgs.

Dark Souls are awesome too. Clean games but brutally hard.

Never cared for Fable personally, but I bet a younger kid might really like it. Check the ratings, but I believe Fable 3 was very well received.
FatZilla
AG
jr15aggie said:

I kinda liked FF XIII... Introduce the kid to Japanese style rpgs.

Dark Souls are awesome too. Clean games but brutally hard.

Never cared for Fable personally, but I bet a younger kid might really like it. Check the ratings, but I believe Fable 3 was very well received.

Terrible game if you want to truly introduce someone to JRPG's. All the new FF's are hacknslash action rpg's.
MGS
maverick2076 said:

Fable 2 is awesome. Just remind the kid that that when he gets married, he's going to need a condom in his inventory before spending the night with his new spouse or he'll have kids.
Quad Dog
AG
Probably breaks your no gun rule, but Mass Effect is pretty awesome.
aezmvp
MGS said:

maverick2076 said:

Fable 2 is awesome. Just remind the kid that that when he gets married, he's going to need a condom in his inventory before spending the night with his new spouse or he'll have kids.
Awesome.
pikedawg

You're welcome
CubbieAggie
AG
KotOR (Knights of the Old Republic) and KotOR 2 are backwards compatible on the 360. I cannot recommend them enough.
kb2001
AG
I picked up Fable 2 for him, it should be safe

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated
MGS
BTW, Fable 2 has guns.
ABKitch
AG
I'm new to the Xbox scene (just got one for my 41st birthday actually), and have been out of gaming for a while, but was always a fan of any games like Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc. I just got Child of Light and am really digging it so far....it's more of a quest type game, and the fighting is exactly like Final Fantasy (or at least the old version I used to play on PlayStation 1).

Very mild violence and no language, etc to worry about (since the story revolves around a little girl).

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.