Last of Us Part II revealed

3,676 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Dawale
VonDownByTheRiver
How long do you want to ignore this user?

My veins. 4K TV. PS4 Pro. Now.
bbattbq01
AG
She mad
Average Joe
AG
This is the only exclusive that I would 100% buy a ps4 to play.
spieg12
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Average Joe said:

This is the only exclusive that I would 100% buy a ps4 to play.
Same.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
So. ****ing. Excited.
agfan2013
AG
First one was top 5 all time for me. Can't wait to see what they do with part 2. Super excited.
fav13andac1)c
fav13andac1)c
AG
Also, Ellie will be the main playable character.
Tomdoss92
AG

but in 4k HDR!
cr0wbar
AG
WOOOO
wangus12
AG
Yep, now that there are two games I absolutely need a PS4 to play, guess I'll get one.
Tabasco
AG
OMG
AGinHI
AG
wangus12 said:

Yep, now that there are two games I absolutely need a PS4 to play, guess I'll get one.
What's the other one?

I'm interested in Days Gone and Detroit Become Human.
wangus12
AG
Uncharted 4.

Naughty Dog is probably my favorite developer
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I won't buy a PS4 for this alone but it's pretty cool. I watched RadBrad's play through of the first one. Looking forward to watching this one next.
VonDownByTheRiver
Lots of reasons to jump into the PS4 ecosystem if you've been waiting...TLoU 1 and 2, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, The Last Guardian and on and on.
MaroonStain
AG
Never finished the 1st LOU. Got stuck in basement after starting the generator and fighting the big blob. Someday I will pick back up...
spieg12
AG
That part can suck if you aren't prepared for it. I blew through both my shotguns ammo and the rifle ammo on that part.
Tabasco
AG
You can just run past him and go to the keycard door
bigboykin
AG
VonDownByTheRiver said:

My veins. 4K TV. PS4 Pro. Now.
Enlighten me a bit on the PS4 Pro. Is it just 4k, higher framerate, etc.? I assume this the one to get to ensure future-proofing, but is it worth an extra 60%? It's my understanding that Sony isn't going to allow Pro-exclusive games, and everything will play on PS4 reg, just potentially at lower resolution/settings. What else should I know?

I got XB1 this gen due to getting a great deal on a refurb, but I've been eyeing the prices on PS4 since Uncharted 4 came out and was tempted by $250 Black Friday prices (still only $269 on Amazon). Adding this to the mix may be enough to make me grab one when my inevitable fantasy football winnings roll in.
VonDownByTheRiver
A PS4 Pro is 37.5% more expensive than a slim.

Has a better graphics card, better wifi, more USB ports, and supports higher graphical settings on PSVR.

Aside from that, it uses "checkerboard upscaling" to display games on 4K TVs. It's not true 4K, but it looks damn close to native. If you use a Pro on a 1080p TV, you get faster frame rates, better antialiasing, higher res textures, etc (if the developer supports "Pro mode").

I sold my 3 year old launch PS4 for $200 and upgraded to a Pro, knowing I'll be getting a 4K TV next year and I'm now set feature wise. If you aren't interested in switching ecosystems, or are totally not interested in a 4K TV, it's not really worth it IMO. For me, I needed a bigger harddrive anyways which would have cost me another 80 bucks, so I figured the extra $120 to get a Pro with a bigger drive was a good ROI.
bigboykin
AG
Not to argue minutiae, but just for the info of others also deciding cost/benefit... I'm finding the PS4 slim Uncharted bundle on both Amazon and Walmart.com for $269, and MSRP for PS4 Pro seems to be $399ish basically everywhere. A difference of $130 which is 48.3% of $269. In my initial calc I used the BF bundle deal price of $250 and an even $400 (400-250=150/250=60%) which was somewhat misleading since it's unavailable currently but also is a good reference of the best deal you may be able to find.

Good info on the 4k upscaling and benefits on standard 1080p TVs. For me, being just a very casual/occasional gamer with no 4k TVs and no plans on getting into the VR game any time soon, the benefits still seem a bit minimal. I also have a backlog of XB1 games to play, and would really probably be getting into PS world pretty much solely for Uncharted/Last of Us.

This is something else I hadn't really thought about. CL is probably a good option for somebody like me in the coming months as more PS4 owners upgrade to Pro. I'll probably wait and see what's going on after the holidays.
Average Joe
AG
By the time this game actually releases, I might have a 4k TV and the Pro might be cheaper. There is also the chance another game will come out that will make me want a PS4. We shall see. Hopefully prices will be much lower by then and a used one won't make buying a system for one game seem too absurd.
GetThoseKeysMilo
Just finished The Last of Us Remastered, and I don't know if I want to play Part Two. I'm so damn depressed now.

After Uncharted 4 I was so excited, went out and bought books on pirates, thought about booking a trip to the Caribbean just for the heck of it.

After playing this one I just want to lay on the couch and listen to emo music. I don't know if I can handle another one.
zip04
AG
Average Joe said:

There is also the chance another game will come out that will make me want a PS4. We shall see.
Did Horizon Zero Dawn do it for you?
Average Joe
AG
zip04 said:

Average Joe said:

There is also the chance another game will come out that will make me want a PS4. We shall see.
Did Horizon Zero Dawn do it for you?

Yes, but baby #2 was also born.

Edit: smiley face for baby #2. Frown for chances of getting a PS4 and playing it anytime soon.
mccjames
AG
Red dead redemption 2 coming soon
Dawale
New trailer:

agfan2013
AG
Kind of a weird trailer, no Joel or Ellie at all and you dont see the infected until the last seconds of it. Maybe there will be more plotlines this time? Hopefully we get a release date soon!
Dawale
I'm thinking the girl that was hung is Ellie.
Average Joe
AG
They commented that they did this on purpose to give people an insite to other key characters in the story. Joel and Ellie are still very much the main two characters. Speculation is that the woman is Ellie's mother.
cr0wbar
AG
beautiful.... Imma have to buy a damn 4 Pro now
Dawale
Average Joe said:

They commented that they did this on purpose to give people an insite to other key characters in the story. Joel and Ellie are still very much the main two characters. Speculation is that the woman is Ellie's mother.
Ah, that makes more sense. It didn't look like Ellie but sounded like her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.