iPhone 6S Battery Recall

3,679 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieFrog
GigEmAgs14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Free battery replacement if your serial number is "eligible"
https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/
m-walker
AG
That's random. I do notice from time to time phone asks me for my pin like it had rebooted. Eligible for new battery, thanks.
jopatura
AG
Alright! I've had battery problems with this stupid phone since the day I got it. It would randomly shut off anywhere between 0-20% battery left. I always had to leave the house with a portable charger. When I took it in a few months ago, the geniuses told me it was an app causing my issues. Now it's eligible for a new battery.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
jopatura said:

Alright! I've had battery problems with this stupid phone since the day I got it. It would randomly shut off anywhere between 0-20% battery left. I always had to leave the house with a portable charger. When I took it in a few months ago, the geniuses told me it was an app causing my issues. Now it's eligible for a new battery.

This is exactly what happened to my wife. We knew what the problem was and they blamed an app. Until the Chinese govt got involved nothing happened.
ORAggieFan
I'm having these issues intermittently but on a 6.
AggieFrog
AG
My wife's 6S has been doing this for the last 6 months. Hers is included as well.
MEENag
AG
My wife started having this issue on her 6 a couple of weeks ago. Happens more than once everyday.
bmc13
AG
my 6S+ has started acting similarly lately
Bregxit
AG
Started on my 6S in the last few weeks. Has shut off various times from 9-29%. Guess I'll be taking it in after Christmas insanity is done.
Tailgate88
AG
My phone is doing it but my serial numbee is not eligible.
AggieFrog
AG
Took my wife's in today. They have to order a replacement battery. Plan to take it in to be replaced next week.
jopatura
AG
Took my phone in last week. The geniuses broke my phone during the battery replacement program, so they had to swap it for a new one in store. Plus side is I could immediately tell the difference in the battery operation.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Took mine in last Tuesday and they gave to order one as well. Still haven't heard anything ...
Naveronski
AG
ORAggieFan said:

I'm having these issues intermittently but on a 6.

Same, but I've chalked it up as planned obsolescence.
AtlAg05
AG
AggieFrog said:

Took my wife's in today. They have to order a replacement battery. Plan to take it in to be replaced next week.

Wait so it will take you two trips to the store to get it fixed?

Edit. So there are 2 posters who took it in and they had to order a battery, which means another trip to the store. Plus a poster who had their phone broken during the process.

Sounds like Apple dropped the ball on this one.
aTm2004
AG
Mine does this and isn't included.
Bregxit
AG
AtlAg05 said:

AggieFrog said:

Edit. So there are 2 posters who took it in and they had to order a battery, which means another trip to the store. Plus a poster who had their phone broken during the process.

If you plug your SN into the website and it is covered it does say to call and make an appointment. Probably for this reason.
GigEmAgs14
AG
dlance said:

AtlAg05 said:

AggieFrog said:

If you plug your SN into the website and it is covered it does say to call and make an appointment. Probably for this reason.

I called and made an appointment. They still had to order the part and I received an email today saying the battery came in. Just have to drop it off for an hour while the replace it. No appointment needed after the initial appointment.
The appointment is required because they run a diagnostics test on your phone prior to ordering the battery.
Bregxit
AG
GigEmAgs14 said:

dlance said:

AtlAg05 said:

AggieFrog said:

I called and made an appointment. They still had to order the part and I received an email today saying the battery came in. Just have to drop it off for an hour while the replace it. No appointment needed after the initial appointment.
The appointment is required because they run a diagnostics test on your phone prior to ordering the battery.
Well then yeah, that's stupid. What a pain in the ass.
hurricanejake02
AG
GigEmAgs14 said:

The appointment is required because they run a diagnostics test on your phone look for a way to blame you (water damage, cracked screen, etc...) and void the recall prior to ordering the battery.
FIFY.

Had this happen to my wife's old iPhone - 4S? 5? Not sure. Battery should have been replaced under warranty/recall, but the water damage sensor had been activated, so they wouldn't replace the battery as part of the recall - despite the phone working just fine, with the exception of the recall-eligible battery.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Yes, that is why they want to run a test on your phone. I just didn't feel like typing all that out.
agracer
AG
AtlAg05 said:

AggieFrog said:

EDIT: NM, see it's been answered.
AggieFrog
AG
Just heard from my wife that the Apple Store broke her phone while replacing the battery.
Bregxit
AG
AggieFrog said:

Just heard from my wife that the Apple Store broke her phone while replacing the battery.
Telepathy?

Seriously though, at least she should be getting a new phone.
GigEmAgs14
AG
AggieFrog said:

Common issue. They should give her a new one, correct?
I got mine replaced with no issues this past Monday for others reading this thread.
AggieFrog
AG
They did give her a new phone. But I'll probably have to set it back up tonight - hopefully the iCloud backup was running.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.