FFXV

8,733 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Jasomania
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been a while since we've had a new FF game!

Played both the demos, looking forward to playing the finished product tomorrow (after downloading day 1 patch )!
I Like Mike
AG
Got mine ordered. Looking forward to it!!!
Artorias
AG
If you are an old school FF fan, you should check out World of Final Fantasy. It is a nice blend of old and new.
bbattbq01
AG
9.397GB patch... paaaaainful.
FatZilla
AG
Did they bring back turn based fighting and get rid of this action battle crap from the last 3 games.
bbattbq01
AG
FatZilla said:

Did they bring back turn based fighting and get rid of this action battle crap from the last 3 games.

Nope. Don't think that's going to come back to the main series. Even FFVII remake sounds like it is going to be an action Rpg.
Artorias
AG
bbattbq01 said:

FatZilla said:

Nope. Don't think that's going to come back to the main series. Even FFVII remake sounds like it is going to be an action Rpg.
That is definitely one of the things I miss about the older games, probably because I am getting old and slow. I enjoyed having time to think and strategize each move.
Cromagnum
AG
bbattbq01 said:

9.397GB patch... paaaaainful.

Damn, looks like I wont be playing until Wednesday then eith my slow ass internet.
wee_ag
AG
Curious about this one... haven't played a FF game since XII on the PS2. I see the reviews are good so far, would like to hear regular gamer thoughts.
TriumphForks
AG
Mine should be coming in the mail tomorrow. Got the PS4 Pro yesterday. I'm pumped for a new FF!

Is this 9GB patch a mandatory download before starting the game?
Cromagnum
AG
Early reports are saying this game sucks. You can control only one character and its just a hack and slash fest.
Cloud
Cromagnum said:

Early reports are saying this game sucks.

Clearly.

Aggregator Score
Metacritic PS4: 84/100
Review scores
Publication Score
Destructoid 9/10
Game Informer 8.5/10
GameSpot 8/10
GamesRadar 4.5/5 stars
IGN 8.2/10
Polygon 9/10
Cromagnum
AG
Dont get me wrong. Im a huge FF nerd so Im hoping its awesome. I picked up a copy already.
Ganondorf
AG
Sea Gull
AG
Freaking hilarious. Downloading the patch right now. 9.4 GB.
bbattbq01
AG
TriumphForks said:

Mine should be coming in the mail tomorrow. Got the PS4 Pro yesterday. I'm pumped for a new FF!

Is this 9GB patch a mandatory download before starting the game?

Don't know if it's mandatory, but i downloaded it before playing. I just wasted a good bit of time playing some sort of pinball like mini game. Getting kids to bed now so I can get some quality play time in!
Xiuh
Best buy lost my copy on transit, so the manager wants to check in the morning. First time having to deal with this. Will see how it goes tomorrow.
Cromagnum
AG
Between my slow ass internet and even slower PSN on patch day it will take me 25 hours to download the day 1 patch.
TriumphForks
AG
Mine ended up being delivered today. Downloaded the patch and just gave it a quick spin. This battle system will take some serious getting used to. I am so confused on many fronts, even after completing the tutorial. I much prefer turn based and I even loved the hybrid style battle systems in XII and XIII. But this is a full jump into real time combat and honestly I don't know how I feel about it having been a fan of the series since the mid 90s (when VI was the latest).
Prime0882
AG
There's a setting to change how combat handles, if I understand correctly. You can make combat wait while you chose your moves, and there's supposedly even a Talent Tree, or talents, that upgrade the damage you do by sticking to the Wait Style combat system.

Most will play the game actively, in its default, but it sounds like for those who want a more "strategic" combat experience, you can tailor it a bit to what you want.

This is all stuff I garnered from the FFXV reddit.
wee_ag
AG
JRC0811 said:

There's a setting to change how combat handles, if I understand correctly. You can make combat wait while you chose your moves, and there's supposedly even a Talent Tree, or talents, that upgrade the damage you do by sticking to the Wait Style combat system.

Most will play the game actively, in its default, but it sounds like for those who want a more "strategic" combat experience, you can tailor it a bit to what you want.

This is all stuff I garnered from the FFXV reddit.
Ooooh - that sounds pretty cool
bbattbq01
AG
Yah, there is wait mode... only lasts a certain amount of time before going back real time but there is a talent tree to extend the time and let you get other advantages from playing in wait time. I haven't tried it yet.

The real time combat system takes some getting used to for sure, very chaotic... but I'm having fun with it.

Finished chapter 1 and have started into chapter 2. Enjoying that your party knows each other and isn't a bunch of strangers. Recommend if y'all haven't: watch the brotherhood anime. It's only about an hour to an hour and a half and gives backstory on your party.
Sq16Aggie2006
mugwurt said:

bbattbq01 said:

FatZilla said:

That is definitely one of the things I miss about the older games, probably because I am getting old and slow. I enjoyed having time to think and strategize each move.

Old here too who grew up playing FF on NES, absolutely love the turn based fighting system. The real time algorithms are idiotic, makes games unplayable.
Cromagnum
AG
Ive read that you need to watch both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood before venturing into the game. Any truth to this?
Tex117
AG
I've been playing around in chapter 1....I like it.

So this kingsglaive and brotherhood...where can I view these? PSN store?
Jasomania
AG
I gotta respect Squaresoft, its takes true balls to spend 10 years developing FFXV, delay the game an additional 2 months and still managed to have to put a 9 gig day 1 patch.
Sea Gull
AG
As I've read, I think the majority of the patch is enhancement related. So I don't mind waiting for it. Plus I couldn't have played it last night if I wanted to, so it didn't bother me much. I'll turn it on once I get home from work. I'm exicted...I needed a new RPG to get into now that I've done just about everything I could on Witcher III.
cr0wbar
AG
St_Jason said:

I gotta respect Squaresoft, its takes true balls to spend 10 years developing FFXV, delay the game an additional 2 months and still managed to have to put a 9 gig day 1 patch.
bbattbq01
AG
Cromagnum said:

Ive read that you need to watch both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood before venturing into the game. Any truth to this?

I don't think so. I got the deluxe edition so I have kingsglaive but I haven't watched yet. Brotherhood is on YouTube and you can watch while waiting for the patch to download
Cromagnum
AG
Watched part of Kingsglaive earlier. Its not half bad, and the voice casting was great. Who doesnt like Sean Bean, Aaron Paul, and Leana Heady?
Sea Gull
AG
Just started it. Pretty fun so far! As a note, I had to turn the wait on the combat system off. It's highly annoying.
Cromagnum
AG
Just finisjed Kingsglaive. Pretty cool. Love the design that went into General Glauca. Reminds me of Judge Gabranth from XII.
Cromagnum
AG
Wow. So far I HATE the combat system in this game. It feels way worse than FFXII and XIII. Hopefully I can get used to it.
bbattbq01
AG
Cromagnum said:

Wow. So far I HATE the combat system in this game. It feels way worse than FFXII and XIII. Hopefully I can get used to it.

I hated it when I played the demo, still don't completely love it but it's fine by me. I do like how fast pace it is so you can get through battles fast.
Cloud
Watched a friend play yesterday. Combat looked like a complete clusterf***. I think most of us love final fantasy for the simple, elegant, turn based combat system. Not a button mash fest.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.