*****Official Destiny Year Three PS4 Thread*****

157,448 Views | 2302 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Saxsoon
Beezy2389
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Rise of Iron will be released on Sept. 20th.

It can be purchased in the Playstation store for $29.99.
If you are new to Destiny you can buy Destiny the Collection for $60 which includes the base game and all expansions (including Rise of Iron).
Pre-ordering will give you a special black and silver Gjallahorn (Rocket Launcher) and Gjallawing (Vehicle) once the regular versions are unlocked. The bonuses are essentially skins. The regular versions of each are stat-wise identical and are available to everyone.

It'll feature a new playable area, Supremacy crucible game mode (Kill Confirmed) , private matches, 5 story missions, multiple quest lines, as well as new legendary and exotic weapons and gear, and of course a new Raid. There will be more updates from the Live team throughout year three so I'll try to keep everyone up to date regarding whats happening and when.

If you are new to Destiny feel free to ask questions and I'm sure many of us would be happy to run through the old content with you. If you have questions in general just post. We've been pretty active throughout the past two years and know the game pretty dang well.

USEFUL APPS:
  • **HIGHLY Recommended Item Managers: Chrome Browser, iOS, Android. (Move items instantly between your vault and characters)
  • Official Playstation app (iOS, Android) (Good for receiving game notifications and messaging)
  • Official Destiny app (iOS, Android) (Good for news, checking on progress, also functions as an item manager)
  • Tower+ (Android) (This shows all the vendor gear being sold and if you haven't purchased the item before it'll be marked as "new". Useful for those looking to collect everything.)

USEFUL SITES:
  • Bungie.net - main login for all Destiny related apps. Also useful for grimoire (story), checking your weekly progress, etc.
  • Destiny Tracker - This collects and tracks all stats related to your recent games (kills, assists, deaths, suicides, kills with each weapon type, etc. for both PVE and PVP)
  • Destiny Trials Report - When playing Trials of Osiris (end game PVP matches that happen on weekends), inputting one of your opponents names will show the entire enemy teams current gear loadout as well as give you an idea of their skill level)
  • Destiny Calcified Fragments - This will help you keep track of and find all 50 calcified fragments.
  • Destiny Dead Ghosts - Same as above but tracks the Dead Ghosts located in the game.

Current TexAgs Players
Click Here to Join the Clan (you must request to join the group (which you are automatically accepted) and then set it as your default clan)
Texags Name - PSN Name (If you want to be added to this list just post your PSN name and I'll add it)
Beezy2389 - Beezy2389
Bulldog73 - Tmoney7305
littlebrotherag - caholder
Drake aTm - salgambino
Pac1698 - boomer1698
Mr.KyleReed - urmomsmuffintop
spieg12 - spieg9500
Bones08 - AggieBones
kill0509 - kill0509
FightinTexasAg15 - Fightintexasag15
Tex117 - Tex117
Cgoode03 - TexAggie03
Boogie05 - Boogie05
Marsuvees - Saxsoon
bourbonag - bourbonag
BreNayPop - EpicTxAggie
aggieREX11 - oilfieldAGGIE11
Ph.D.Aggies - TheForrestFires
JRC0811 - Prime0882
Streetfighter 02 - Whisky_jack02
bevokilla - brisketsangwich
Daazer - Daazer77
GuardianVanguardAngel - Bee-Dav
BigTxAg97 - Cav97
cobizzle - cobizzle
emerick20 - emerick20
Happy Hunting Guardians.

Bulldog73
AG
Tmoney7305 I'm not on a lot in fall with football, but it picks up during the rest of the year.
koadie
AG
What up! Looking forward to this guys!!!

Also PSN- caholder
Drake aTm
AG
IN

-salgambino
Pac1698
AG
PSN is boomer1698.

Gig'em!
Drake aTm
AG
quote:
Tmoney7305 I'm not on a lot in fall with football, but it picks up during the rest of the year.

I'm on a lot in the fall, especially if the ags lose...destiny can be very therapeutic
koadie
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm on a lot in the fall, especially if the ags lose...destiny can be very therapeutict.
True story..
Bulldog73
AG
Fair enough, but I'm a coach, so I have a little less free time.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Muffin is in

Urmomsmuffintop

gotta talk with Combo see if he is getting it for PS4, I know he is for xbone, if so, Comboplatter69
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I stopped playing a little while after the taken king came out. Would it be worth getting the new expansion and getting back in?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
I stopped playing a little while after the taken king came out. Would it be worth getting the new expansion and getting back in?
Infusion system will make it easier to jump back in. Its one to one now. New Raid and Crucible maps/game mode are reasons to come back. Plus there is almost always somebody from the clan on.

spieg12
AG
In.

psn: spieg9500
Bones08
AG
Back for another year! New job has me traveling a lot during the week but I'll still be around.

AggieBones
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I just felt like this was fitting for the Y3 thread.
Beezy2389
AG
Reddit has a guide for if you are a returning player. Here

Section 7: If you stopped playing after The Taken King but before the release of April Update
The April Update, while free, did change the economy and pathways to maximum light quite drastically, here are the changes you need to know:
  • 7.1 The Light Level cap was raised to 335
  • 7.2 The Infusion system was altered, with the conversion becoming 1:1
  • 7.3 Prison of Elders gets a Yr 2 Reboot, a Level 41 version is available and rewards a Sterling Treasure on first completion each week (see 7.6 for more info on Sterling Treasures)
  • 7.4 A new version of the Prison of Elders, called the Challenge of the Elders (CoE) is released at level 42. It requires a passage similar to Trials of Osiris, and will track points that you and your team rack up. The Challenge changes week to week at reset, and each one has a specific score modifier that rewards more points (eg. More points for Precision kills). There are two requirements on the passage, one is to gain 30k points in one run of the Challenge and this rewards a weapon up to 335, and the other is to accumulate 90k in one week which rewards an armor piece up to 335.
  • 7.5 A revamped rewards system is introduced, in which at a loot drop your inventory is analysed and you have a very high chance on getting something to drop above your light level. Note, this system has some caveats. Each drop still has a maximum light level, drops that can go up to 335 include: Exotic engrams, CoE rewards, Hard Mode rewards, KF Challenge Mode rewards, Strike Specific loot drops, any Exotic drop. Some systems use the revamped system but have a cap, like the Faction Packages which go up to 330 (so below 330, a 320 Guardian might get a 324 drop, but a 334 Guardian will always get a 330). Here is a visual picture of the activities and their caps.
  • 7.6 A new item called a Sterling Treasure is introduced, a Guardian can earn three of these a week for various activities, but can buy more from Eververse. The three activities are; Checking the postmaster after a reset, completing one match of the Weekly Cricible Playlist, and completing the Level 41 Prison of Elders. These treasures can drop several cosmetic items, from Taken armor pieces, Taken Ships and Sparrows etc. Another system introduced with Sterling Treasures are Chroma's, which come in four colors (Red, Yellow, Blue and White), and they can be applied to armor and weapons that have the required node for them. When applied, the equipment gains a glowing pattern in that Chroma's color, giving Guardians more customization.
  • 7.7 Bungie added some Year 2 versions of Year 1 legendary weapons, they include The Devil You Know, Longbow Synthesis and the LDR to name a few. These are acquired by opening Crucible and Vanguard Packages and cannot be bought. Also, the current Vendor gear for the Crucible and Vanguard vendors were refreshed, they remained the same weapons but the rolls were changed (RIP Hung Jury)
  • 7.8 Another addition is the Rep Booster consumables, which are available in three activities, Crucible, Vanguard and House of Judgement. When they are used, the corresponding activities have their reputation boosted. For a full list of the effects, seehere
  • 7.9 The King's Fall reward system is changed, Normal Mode now drops between 310-320 gear, and Hard Mode drops between 320-335 gear. The loot drops have the system detailed in 7.5, so Guardians are likely to always receive a drop better than their current gear.
  • 7.10 The Court of Oryx also has its gear updated, artifacts can now drop up to 335 but also have the system detailed in 7.5

titanmaster_race
Page juan

PSN: mid9012
titanmaster_race
Can't wait for my first blind raid.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Good to know!
kill0509
AG
Page 1!!

PSN: kill0509
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Psn: Fightintexasag15
Tex117
AG
And here we go!

Tex117 - Tex117 PSN

Looking forward to this.

Mr.KyleReed
AG
The music....*wipes eyes....it's beautiful
Mr.KyleReed
AG

Maintenance til 8 central
Beezy2389
AG
kill0509
AG
Well this should be interesting, I was well over 4 gigs into downloading the new update and all of a sudden there was a loud pop in our neighborhood. Sounded like a firecracker being shot off. So, guess whose power is off now... Looks like it's affecting 3 different neighborhoods here in College Station. Guess I'll get back on the update once they get the power back on.
spieg12
AG
Damn that sucks. Hopefully it doesn't have to revalidate the taken king download. That can happen if updates are interrupted.
kill0509
AG
That shouldn't be too big of a deal for me, I have an actual disc for the Taken King. Only the DLCs have been digital for my console. A utility crew is already on site fixing the issue.
Cgoode03
AG
PSN: TexAggie03
Boogie05
AG
I'm in for RoI!!
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I just preordered today. Iron g-horn and iron g-wing here I come. So pumped
kill0509
AG
Power's back on and downloading again! Over 6 gigs in this time. Hopefully no more snakes decide to go play with the utility pole. Blown fuse was the only issue they had to fix!
spieg12
AG
Would have loved to see a snake get fried in a transformer. Have only seen birds before.
Mr.KyleReed
AG

Which is 10 central
Beezy2389
AG
redbaron788
AG
Looking forward to some new content, next week I need to clean out some crucible bounties. Elimination games have been holding me back for so damn long. If anyone else is in the same boat just lemme know

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.