Samsung Note 7

8,744 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Iowaggie
ag_derp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else preorder the phone? I pulled the trigger last night, free gear watch too
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I'm going to wait til it's actually in stock before I get it, but I will be getting this phone.
aezmvp
Got the S7 edge and am extremely happy. Id love to get the note 7 but im hoping the 8 has the variable 4k/qhd screen for the vr. so ill wait for that and give my son my 7.
RebAg13
AG
I have a 2 month old S7 edge with a perfect screen and only 1tiny corner small scratch. I'd trade it and $150 for an At&t note 7
TMoney2007
AG
I'm hoping that Target has more phones than they showed on their preorder. They were offering a $100 gift card and $200 trade in on almost any working phone on top of the smartwatch/memory card offer.

They didn't have black for verizon at any target within 50 miles so I didn't pull the trigger and by the time I decided to go ahead and get silver they had stopped the preorder. Some sales reps are saying they are getting extra of both colors and you don't have to preorder to get the trade in deal...

$300 off would be nice... Sam's is offering a $150 gift card...
VonDownByTheRiver
S7 Edge was a crappy lagfest. Hope the Note is better.
Reveille
AG
My note 7 came this morning! Absolutely love it. Screen is simplu amazing looking. Watched some of the Florida vs Tennessee game on the ESPN app. Detail and colors are astonishing. Perfect for football season.

Very fast procesor no lag and the black onyx looks spectacular! Gif maker is very cool. Made some of the Florida football game and Olympics looked good and easy to do.

Camera takes incredible pictures even I low light. Highly recommend it if you are thinking of a new phone.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Justin2010
AG
Got mine today and loving it so far.
TMoney2007
AG
Costco is giving a $175 gift card, car charger and no sales tax so I'll be going there tomorrow to get mine...
TMoney2007
AG
Just got back from Costco... The exact same guy I talked to yesterday told me today that there was no gift card. Awesome.

I'll wait for the price to drop after release.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Got mine in the mail today. Can't get the damn thing to activate. After I select language, I have the option of making an emergency call or turning the phone off. It says follow the directions that were included. The included directions say to follow the on-screen directions. WTH!
Post removed:
by user
RebAg13
AG
Anybody want a slightly smaller phone with bigger battery and $150 let me know
Ag12thman
AG
If it's better than the Note 5, I will upgrade eventually. Have had the Note 5 since it came out and it has been hands down the best phone I've had and not even close. I've had other Android phones and iPhones in the past and it's been a lot better than anything I've every used. Just saying -- if it's better than the 5, it would be a no-brainer based on my experiences with the 5. Samsung is really making some premium phones and gear as of late.
TexAgs91
AG
I got mine. Loving it and still going through all the features
Reveille
AG
I upgraded from the note 5 and I think it was well worth the upgrade. I have no regrets at all. Here is a list of the top 10 improvements I have noticed so far over my note 5.

1. It has better screen brighter and more vibrant, easily the best phone screen I have seen. It is a 2K screen with HDR. You have to see it to believe it. Football on the ESPN watch app is simply amazing to look at. With max brightness on it is clearly visible even in the bright sun. Also has a blue light screen filter to ease eye strain at night. Additionally, the screen resolution can be reduced to 1080 or even 720p to preserve battery if you wish.

2. The camera is also a tremendous upgrade over previous. It focuses super fast and pictures look great even when taken in low light situations. Also better camera software more functions and easy to access with swiping now.

3. Waterproof is a great addition to the phone. And the S pen works underwater. So you can text or read Texags from the pool now. I am actually using that feature now.

4. The processor is just smooth. Nothing seems to lag. It all just goes smoothly. Web pages glide up and down with no hesitation.

5. Gif maker which is added to the S pen functionality is awesome. You can make a Gif out of anything you can watch. You can write on the Gifs too.

6. Screen has always on feature that allows you to write notes on it. My screen has date time and Gig'em Aggies always displayed on the screen.

7. Battery is better then previous and has quick charge which can bring battery from 0 to 50% in less then a half hour. Quick charge also now available on new wireless charging dock.

8. It looks better and feels better then the note 5. All edges rounded and black onyx looks amazing and feels nice in hand. The note 5 was a nice improvement over the 4 in astheticts but the 7 took it to another level. It is easily the best looking and feeling phone available today.

9. Edge has apps that side load making it so easy to load them. Also glows the time on the side when laying flat.

10. Gorilla glass 5 which should make it more resistant to shattering then previous Note 5.

I am sure as I use the phone longer I will find many more improvements but needless to say if you can upgrade this phone is worth it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag12thman
AG
Wow - thanks for the list of improvements. Sounds unbelievable. As I mentioned, I have the Note 5 and am very happy with it and have had no issues whatsoever. Very dependable phone and much better than anything else I've ever had. One question I had -- Did they bring back additional storage (micro SD card) capability with the Note 7? And what about removable battery? I remember these being the most complained about items with regard to the Note 5 when it came out -- Samsung took them off the Note 5, whereas I believe the Note 4 had them. So, just curious if they brought those two things back. Also, what are the memory options? I wanted a 128 GB when I got the Note 5, but the largest it came in was 64 GB.
TMoney2007
AG
Yes to microsd, no to removeable battery.

They only come in 64gb.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks.
ag_derp
AG
well got mine yesterday and just today needed to charge it. turns out it doesnt want to charge. after inspecting it, the charging port on phone appears to missing one of the charging gold pins or whatever
Reveille
AG
Sorry forgot about SD card. They are giving away a free 256 gig micro SD card for free now also. After you get phone you order it online and takes upto a month to get it.

I had a 64 gig Note 5 so forgot that most people had 32 gig version.
Reveille
AG
Only real negative so far is that it uses usb C cable instead of micro USB. It comes with an adapter to convert your old cables.

I ordered a few extra cables from monoprice.com I would recommend you do that also.

Also the iris scanner works but since you have to swipe screen first to activate it to me just as easy to use fingerprint scanner.
Ag12thman
AG
USB C is supposed to be the new thing and at least they give you adaptors. When I had an iPhone, they switched the cables every year and no conversion kit was provided.

Great stuff. Thanks for all the info.
Brick Tamland
Not sure it matters, but Apple has only changed iPhone charging cables once.. from the 30-pin to lightning..
TMoney2007
AG
quote:
Not sure it matters, but Apple has only changed iPhone charging cables once.. from the 30-pin to lightning..
Don't bring your logic and reality into this.......
Ag12thman
AG
quote:
My bad. I had two iPhones and they changed the cable the year I upgraded and then had a friend tell me they changed the cables again on the newer ones, but guess he may have been mistaken. All Android (Samsung Galaxy phones) for me since then and do not think I could go back.
MW03
AG
looks great. thinking about trading in my s7e just because I love new phones. I've never had a note before. Is it cumbersome to carry?
Ag12thman
AG
The Note 5 is not at all. Fits into my shirt pockets and pants pockets without any problems. It does hang out of the top of my shirt pockets a bit, but I've never had it fall out. I am a bit taller person, but still can't see it being cumbersome for even shorter individuals. I'd imaging the Note 7 would be even better than the 5 in that regard since it's newer and newer is generally thinner, lighter, and more streamlined.
Reveille
AG
Ironically the note 7 does not feel like a big phone. With virtually no bezel it is not really that big by today's standard in phones.

I am short at 5'8" but it day for me to hold and carry. Fits into my pocket easily and easy to use. Don't size will be much of an issue at all..
AggieFrog
AG
Loos like Samsung is considering a global Note 7 recall to correct defective batteries causing handful of devices to explode while charging.
lobwedgephil
Global recall will be interesting to watch, never seen it in this space before. Nightmare scenario for Samsung if they really have to do it.
tamusc
AG
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/samsung-will-recall-galaxy-note-7-because-of-exploding-batteries/
Charpie
AG
quote:
Global recall will be interesting to watch, never seen it in this space before. Nightmare scenario for Samsung if they really have to do it.
ITS HAPPENING
Reveille
AG
My phone got really hot while on my car Qualcomm fast charger driving down to the game. I mean really hot, almost too hot to even touch. Also it wasn't really charging. Just sitting in came number.

Put in front of the air conditioner to cool it. Then plugged it into the Samsung brand charger and charged it up without getting hot at all.

I am guessing it has something to do with other brand chargers.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, that's likely since Samsung decided to use their own slower, proprietary quick charge system rather than Qualcomm's Quick Charge 3.0. I think they decided to do that since they used their cheaper Exynos processesors on some Note 7 models outside the US market, and thus don't support the Qualcomm tech, in order to minimize the differences between various Note 7 models.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.