Nerdery VR Thread

23,410 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Pman17
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Quest 3 is an absolutely fantastic piece of tech! I will give a shameless plug to the BoboVR headstrap with removable battery packs which are a must for headset comfort and longer sessions. Do NOT spend money on Meta's way overpriced elite strap... I hear it's not even that comfortable.

I've been tinkering with it for a month now and my son played it a ton since opening it on Christmas. It's a massive upgrade over the original Quest. With the upgraded lenses and the right headstrap, you spend a lot of time forgetting you are using VR.

My personal experience with it Christmas night and into the next morning... I spent an hour playing games and then I spent 2 hours watching The Meg in 3D via BigScreen (free in a social/user hosted theater). I never once left the headset. Got up for snacks a couple times and the pass through camera worked beautifully! I could still hear the moving playing while I roamed my kitchen getting food/drinks. I had ZERO intentions of watching the entire movie, but the video quality was just so good (better than any 3D movie I've seen at a theater with glasses) and the theater was full of some really cool people. Really great all around experience!
Pman17
AG
Right now, if you buy the Quest 3 with my referral, you can get $60 for games.
https://www.meta.com/referrals/link/DarthPman

Quest 3 128GB
-Asgards Wrath 2 ($60): The absolute best single player game ever made for Quest! 10/10
-$60 store credit for referral if during holidays: $30 after holidays

Quest 3 512GB
-Asgards Wrath 2 ($60): The absolute best single player game ever made for Quest! 10/10
-6 Month Trial of Quest Plus ($7.99/mo): You get 2 free games a month which is about $40 value per month.
-$60 store credit for referral if during holidays: $30 after holidays

I've got the Quest 3 512GB. So much improvement over the Quest 2 and Quest Pro! Graphics and text aren't blurry.

Pman17
AG
If you have an iPhone 15 Pro, get this app!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spatialify/id6471922894

I've been filming Spatial videos and converting them for my Quest 3 to watch.
jr15aggie
AG
Pman... so I gotta ask because this is the first time I've spent extended time in VR games. The original quest was heavy and not very comfortable so I never spent more than 30-40 minutes at a time.

So I was playing Pavlov and Breachers for 1-2 hours straight yesterday. Once I was finished I noticed a very strange phenomenon that lingered for a good 10-15 minutes. If I was standing still and then needed to move to go grab something, there was this noticeable lag between my brain and my legs. I realized what was happening... when I wanted to move, my brain was not signaling my legs... it was signaling my damn left thumb to move myself across the floor!

Please tell me I'm not the only person to ever experience this before!
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody playing Asgard's Wrath II?

Holy crap what a cool game. Got it for free with the Quest 3 and I've seen all the youtubers praising it. Didn't think it looked overly special in video form, but it's something else entirely when you put on the headset and enter that world. One of the best implementations of scale that I've seen in a VR game... you really do feel small walking amongst some of the gods.
aggieforester05
AG
My Quest 3 bricked this weekend. Was working fine one day, next day battery was completely dead (wasn't close to dead when turned off the day before). Charged it and now it will only boot into USB Update Mode and any options selected reboot to the same menu. According to my research, it likely has to be returned to Meta. Disappointing
G Martin 87
AG
Ordered a Quest 3 and expecting it to arrive tomorrow night along with a golf club controller extension. I'm hoping to get all my "honey dos" done before then so I can play Golf+ and Walkabout Mini Golf this weekend. My wishlist is already filling up. Any referrals and recommendations for current games? (Asgard 2 comes free with my bundle, so that's covered.)
Pman17
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Ordered a Quest 3 and expecting it to arrive tomorrow night along with a golf club controller extension. I'm hoping to get all my "honey dos" done before then so I can play Golf+ and Walkabout Mini Golf this weekend. My wishlist is already filling up. Any referrals and recommendations for current games? (Asgard 2 comes free with my bundle, so that's covered.)
I love Golf+ and Walkabout!

Beat Saber is a must.

What golf extension are you getting? I need to get one.
G Martin 87
AG
Pman17 said:

G Martin 87 said:

Beat Saber is a must.

Ordered the Yezro 90 degree weighted adapter at https://a.co/d/2k0G4KW
jr15aggie
AG
I cannot recommend the BoboVR headstrap with battery pack enough. Makes the headset comfortable enough to wear for 3 hours no problem... and with the battery pack you can actually get that sort of longevity.

If you guys are playing golf games with "real" clubs, something like this is probably a must to keep it secure as well. I love mine, game changer for VR!

https://www.bobovr.com/collections/quest-3-accessories/products/bobovr-m3-pro
Pman17
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Pman17 said:

G Martin 87 said:

Beat Saber is a must.

Ordered the Yezro 90 degree weighted adapter at https://a.co/d/2k0G4KW

Thanks! I bought one and just did a Golf+ Tournament and it feels as close to golf as you can get! I'm a lefty and it works as along as you flip the controller gland using a Phillips head for the four screws.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.