Official Overwatch Thread

58,975 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
AggieDPT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a 20 dollar pack and got all the legendary skins but Junkrat. Debating if I want to spend more or save for the Christmas ones
FatZilla
AG
Alabaster Jones said:

Got a 20 dollar pack and got all the legendary skins but Junkrat. Debating if I want to spend more or save for the Christmas ones
Mei better get a Christmas skin!
3rdGen2015
AG
We have Sombra artwork!

This is an imgur mirror of a (now taken down) page on the Blizzard website. Thank reddit for the mirror.
Cromagnum
AG
Wood smash until I die, let her rez me, then smash again.

3rdGen2015
AG
Sombra announced and should be on the PTR next week. Three more maps, an "arcade" mode, and an "arena" mode all teased in the Blizzcon Opening Ceremony.

We should find out about the new maps and game modes more in the panel later.
KidDoc
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Sombra announced and should be on the PTR next week. Three more maps, an "arcade" mode, and an "arena" mode all teased in the Blizzcon Opening Ceremony.

We should find out about the new maps and game modes more in the panel later.
Exciting!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
joemeister
AG

3rdGen2015
AG
The Overwatch League sounds interesting in theory too. We'll have to see how well it works though.

chigger
AG
So who wants to team up and crank out 15 rounds in HoTS for the Genji skin?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5b5fly/new_oni_genji_skin/

From that thread apparently you should just be able to play vs the AI and get it.
Hagen95
AG
15 games shouldn't take too long to grind out. I agree with the comment about playing the AI since none of the players there get upset about the game there. The serious ones are playing hero league.
joemeister
AG

KidDoc
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

The Overwatch League sounds interesting in theory too. We'll have to see how well it works though.

Wow that is hard core. Not for this old casual player but I would like to watch some of the matches.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
joemeister74 said:

Great short as always from Blizz. It will be interesting to see how they integrate her powers into gameplay.
joemeister
AG
Funny you should ask that:

I think she looks very interesting. If you don't want to watch the full video, here's a few highlights from the developer who is answering questions throughout the demonstration:

• Her SMG has a 60 round clip with range similar to Soldier 76. The gun is designed to fire in full auto rather than burst though.
  • The hack ability will "silence" the target's abilities for a few seconds, but it won't prevent you from using your weapon. On D'Va it will not cancel the Mech's explosion if that ability was already triggered, on Lucio, it will make it where he can't swap songs but it doesn't turn off the current song
  • She has 200 health is designed as a back-line harasser
  • Her hack ability shuts down turrets (rather than making them fire on her behalf)
  • Stealth is on a 6 second CD and lasts 6 seconds (CD starts when stealth breaks) and will break if you take damage or use an ability
  • She also has a passive that makes any enemy at less than 50% health appear on your screen
  • Hanzo and Widowmaker's radar will scan through her stealth

The abilities are:
SMG - Primary fire (60 round mag, medium range, medium damage)
Hack - Alternate fire (RMB) - looks like roughly a 1.5 second cast that silences all of the targets abilities for a few seconds (I didn't count for how long) and then shows passive information like location/ult status/health for 1 min. Can also be used on med kits to make them usable by your own team only and have a massively faster respawn time (lasts 1 min.). Hack is on a 12 second CD after use.
Teleport (Movement Skill) - Throw a teleporter pad then hit the key again to teleport to the pad. The pad looks like it lasts around 15 seconds, but the cooldown after you use it is around 6 seconds.
Stealth (Utility Skill) - 6 seconds of invisibility with increased movement speed, damage or ability use breaks it, 6 second CD after stealth breaks
EMP Bomb - Ultimate Ability. All targets within range and line of site are hacked. Shields and barriers are removed. This is going to be a huge counter to lucio. I believe this counters some ults, but not all (for instance it will break roadhog's "wholehog" and McCree's "high noon," but it won't remove bastion from tank mode).
Naveronski
AG
Cool. Y'all ready for 6v6 Sombra matches when she hits live?
GarlandAg2012
AG
Yes!

I love the free dlc and continued support for this game. It's awesome.
chigger
AG
Yeah I have to admit I'm loving this game. I never got into TF2 or CS, but this one has got me hooked.
KidDoc
AG
Big patch! Nice little Dva and Mercy boost and the addition of the new hero. Comp Season 2 done and in off season until comp 3 on 11/23.
3rdGen2015
AG
KidDoc said:

Big patch! Nice little Dva and Mercy boost and the addition of the new hero. Comp Season 2 done and in off season until comp 3 on 11/23.

Season 2 ends the 23rd. I like the DVa and Mercy changes. Soldier feels good too. I'm not sure how I feel about the Zarya changes yet. It feels smoother but the shield change is pretty big. Torb changes feel nice too, the passive scrap generation is the right direction IMO.

My favorite part is the global ult nerf that requires 25% more charge to get ult. It just feels like the game is more fair and the better team should win more often.

The Ana ult movement speed nerf feels real bad when you're a Rein that gets it.

Not a huge Sombra fan though. But then again I almost never DPS so it isn't a big deal to me.

Overall, I like the changes. We'll see how the Season 3 ranking changes affect things. I hope it gets less crowded in the middle of things.
VonDownByTheRiver
Sombra is an excellent Tracer or Bastion counter. She forces Bastion out of siege mode, and totally shuts down Tracer's blink and rewind moves, making her SUPER vulnerable.

3v3 is the bee's knees.
KidDoc
AG
I agree 3 vs 3 elimination is super awesome fun. DVA is very strong in that mode.
Naveronski
AG
Yes, I'm pretty happy with her changes. I really wish her tickle cannons had a bit less spread, or something to increase her lethality, but that would upset the balance.
3rdGen2015
AG
I had a DVa on my team on Volskaya last night who was being pocket healed by a Zen and I think she only died like twice after both attack and defense. It's pretty insane how well she survives now.
chigger
AG
I've been playing Dva a lot more. Getting in close helps a lot. And the new speedboost while firing, coupled with no-reload I think offsets the lower damage/spread.
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Looks like it will be BF1 for a while for me. This last patch completely broke my game. At least 50% of my matches my game will not load to character select and I lag out. Other times character models are invisible so I can't see wtf is going on.

Updating graphics drivers didn't help so I'm at a loss to what us going on. Game ran flawlessly before.
fta09
AG
I'd try tweeting them or going to their support forums. Blizzard has great customer support.
MBAR
AG
I did my placement matches last night, went from platinum to SILVER. Up about 400 points in games though - moving up super fast so hopefully back at Plat soon.
3rdGen2015
AG
Wow really? I haven't done mine yet, but apparently most people are within +- 100 SR of their final Season 2 rating.
FatZilla
AG
MBAR said:

I did my placement matches last night, went from platinum to SILVER. Up about 400 points in games though - moving up super fast so hopefully back at Plat soon.
They did say people would start lower and move up much quicker to where they should be this season. This was to prevent people from getting carried into high brackets and getting to stay there all season or something like that.

I am really enjoying the Arcade mode though. The 3's and 6(no Limits) matches are fun and winning 9 each week gives you 3 free loot boxes.
Predmid
AG
3-1 in placements so far. Had one guy go on the microphone go "imma tracer. Don't worry, I'm a master smurf."

9/10 in games like League of legends and such, that's a bunch of bull honkey.

This guy was legit. Went something like 45-3 between attack & defense on Gibraltar. . ridiculous.
3rdGen2015
AG
I think I'm 2-5-1 right now. The first 5 games I played my team didn't even cap a point. They were all stomps, it was ridiculous. I finished mid-plat last season, but I won't be surprised if I get placed high gold after these games.
Flogi
dva with 600 health with most of that armor is just brutal.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Is there a post with a list of battle.net names in this thread? Playing solo queue sucks so hard.

Also, there's a good chance I just really am not good at the game, but I really think the placement system needs to be overhauled. It seems way too dependent on W/L rather than well you play for the team. 4 golds on a losing team shouldn't hurt you too much IMO. Then again I guess at the higher levels, everyone plays as a team so winning and losing is all that matters.
KidDoc
AG
BeansAndRice#11993
Phatigue#1806
RegalBeagle#11345
Selkin#11820
Naveronski#1862
Agdog #1562
TheJURY#1268
Exaltius#1200
Fracmore#1970
BoozeRolton #1728
ultimatequix#1622
KidDoc #11155
Cromagnum #1187
Dendawin#1548
FliedLice #1743
WilliamMunny#1429
txag2k#1789
trainRiderJ#1509
Vade#11172
Jaktu#1548
Tiberinus#1714
Eumaeus#1809
walbuls#1242
BerrySchiavo#11166
kirbaay#1114
Predmid#1432

The problem is I often message people and they either don't respond or are logging soon. Ah well it happens!

Cromagnum used to group often but he is having bugs so isn't playing much now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.