Official Overwatch Thread

56,437 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go live for servers is 6pm CST Monday!

Preload for PC should be available tomorrow, Xbox One is available now and PS4 is unknown.

Best Buy, GameStop and Amazon will all be selling Overwatch physical copies on May 23.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-exactly-when-overwatch-launches/1100-6439982/

Overwatch launch schedule:

The Americas:
4:00 PM PDT on May 23
5:00 PM MDT on May 23
6:00 PM CDT on May 23
7:00 PM EDT on May 23
8:00 PM ADT on May 23
8:00 PM BRT on May 23
8:30 PM NDT on May 23
7:00 AM SGT on May 24
9:00 AM AEST on May 24
1:00 AM NZST on May 24

Europe:
12:00 AM BST on May 24
1:00 AM CEST on May 24
2:00 AM MSK on May 24

Asia:
7:00 AM CST on May 24
8:00 AM KST on May 24
8:00 AM JST on May 24
Gangnam Style
AG
I thought there was another Overwatch thread. Either way, I'm freaking excited.

FliedLice #1743 on BNet
MBAR
AG
Is it corss platform? Otherwise we probably should just make threads for each device.
FatZilla
AG
Just the Beta thread before.

As for cross platform, don't think so. But it is the same game across all 3. If we need to, count this thread as the PC thread.
Hagen95
AG
I am in.

WilliamMunny#1429
Really???
Is this more or less Blizzards version of Team Fortress? Debating whether or not to try it
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
Is this more or less Blizzards version of Team Fortress? Debating whether or not to try it

Pretty much. From what I understand, this was supposed to be part of Titan, but they kept it going once Titan got scrapped.
logs10
AG
quote:
quote:

Pretty much. From what I understand, this was supposed to be part of Titan, but they kept it going once Titan got scrapped.
Overwatch will be well worth it. Awesome game.
FatZilla
AG
And only $40 on PC from blizzards site still.
Thunder18
AG
GT: Drfishfingers18
txag2k
AG
I'm in!
txag2k#1789
Azariah
AG
I played the beta on Xbox One. It's just a shooter in the vein of TF2, but like everything Blizzard touches it is superbly done. I had no interest in the game before I got into the beta, and now I'm seriously contemplating picking up tomorrow.
tremble
AG
Pretty much how I feel too. The game had a LOT of polish for a beta and made me want to buy.
benMath08
AG
trainRiderJ#1509
Pman17
AG
BATTLEBORN DIGITAL DELUXE (with season pass) $40 ON AMAZON TODAY AS DIGITAL CODE

http://www.amazon.com/Battleborn-Digital-Deluxe-PS4-Code/dp/B01DTJJYPK/ref=zg_bs_6427831011_4?tag=kotakuamzn-20&ascsubtag=8239a87fda72c468c4ec085e86766e961307892d&rawdata=%5Br%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fkotaku.com%2F%5Bt%7Clink%5Bp%7C1778167718%5Ba%7CB01DTJJYPK%5Bau%7C5724028783693984903%5Bb%7Ckotaku

Haha, Overwatch must be hurting them
Cromagnum
AG
Even at $40 I'm on the fence. Blizzard typically makes great stuff, but I'll wait to see what peoplr think after a few weeks.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Even at $40 I'm on the fence. Blizzard typically makes great stuff, but I'll wait to see what peoplr think after a few weeks.
I have about 60 hours played total between beta weekend and open beta and I think it's amazing
Krussian09
AG
quote:
quote:
I have about 60 hours played total between beta weekend and open beta and I think it's amazing
I've only played about 15 hours during the open beta but I agree. This is an extremely solid game.
FatZilla
AG
We ARE LIVE!

Naveronski
Skitch05
AG
Anyone else on Xbox One have problems receiving group invites last night? Had a group of people to play, but we weren't able to group up without joining the same matches and hoping we were placed on the same team.
Gangnam Style
AG
quote:
Anyone else on Xbox One have problems receiving group invites last night? Had a group of people to play, but we weren't able to group up without joining the same matches and hoping we were placed on the same team.
I don't play on Xbox one, but the Overwatch twitter account said the issue had been fixed.
Krys
AG
This game looks awesome! Unfortunately I missed beta.

Are all the characters available to play? Or is it structured like League of Legends where you have to purchase more characters?
3rdGen2015
AG
One time purchase, no DLC from what I understand. All future characters and maps will be immediately playable to everybody who owns the game.

And to answer your question, all heroes are available to play from the beginning.
Krys
AG
Awesome, I think I'm going to be picking this up soon then
MBAR
AG
I just picked it up on PS4. The hype got to me. Anyone else on here playing on PS4?
tamusc
AG
Great overview of the Overwatch story/timeline. It really makes me wish that Titan hadn't been cancelled as it seems like a pretty cool backstory.

Also, this article about Bastion made me laugh. I continually get PotG as Bastion, but I'm also playing as a team with my friends usually running as Mercy and Reinhardt. I think my favorite though was when I was running solo, dropped in behind the enemy team on a payload match as a defender and wiped everyone out before they realized I was behind them. It helps when they were paying zero attention to their rear. The cries of aimbot warmed my heart.
Krys
AG
Just downloaded it last night, hopefully get to play some tonight
HowdyOutbound
The clueless gamer has a review.

dwit392
I am playing on PS4. We should make a new thread
rhutton125
AG
In
Saxsoon
AG
Dwit, I am getting it tomorrow.

Saxsoon on ps4
SwigAg11
AG
For anyone playing on the PC. Do you recommend the game?
Naveronski
AG
Yep.
Hagen95
AG
Yep. It's fun times.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.