Hearthstone Nerds

136,265 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, when do we get the rewards or whatever?
srob2004
AG
Kolento. I mean Thijs
Cloud
redline248 said:

After the tournament concludes.
agmrpink
AG
redline248 said:

Never. Thijs lost again.
Cloud
Amnesiasc looking good so far. Hopefully he can keep it going.
Ganondorf
AG
Paval won, good job whomever might have picked him.

New set announced, known cards here.

https://reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5b5mlg/the_mean_prerelease_reveal_chart_all_currently/

Trump talking about the cards from blizzcon with special appearance by Ben Brode.

Kripp (haven't watched this one)

Cloud
New set looking really great. My favorite thing by far of the cards announced is the lack of the word "random" in any of them.
Line Ate Member
AG
This week's brawl has been great for playing x number of class card quests.
redline248
AG
I found out pretty quick that evolve is better than resurrect in this brawl.
redline248
AG
I haven't seen this video yet

Line Ate Member
AG
Has anyone tried the heroic brawl yet? I don't think I would get to 3 wins so I assume that I would do better keeping my 1000 gold or 10.00
Predmid
AG
I think I'd rather light ten dollars on fire.

Highest i've ever ranked up to is about 12, but then again, I get bored playing any given deck and start messing around with my various home brews. Currently having a lot of fun with an RNG mage type deck.
EastSideAg2002
Line Ate Member said:

Has anyone tried the heroic brawl yet? I don't think I would get to 3 wins so I assume that I would do better keeping my 1000 gold or 10.00
Supposedly the break even point is about 7-9 wins.
redline248
AG
There is no way in hell I'd pay 1000g to ladder (which is basically what this brawl is). It's just a ploy to get people to blow their gold before the new set releases.
Line Ate Member
AG
I am still trying to get all of the classic cards haha
Line Ate Member
AG
Who knows s going to be getting the 40 packs? I have never done this, so I am wondering if it is worth it or not?
redline248
AG
If you don't have much gold, it's the fastest way to get your collection going. 10 more packs than normally available in the shop for the same price. If you have the money to spend, call it a Christmas gift to yourself.

Flip side: do you plan to keep playing for the next year+? If you're gonna quit in the next couple months then it's obviously not worth it.
redline248
AG
New set releases tomorrow. ought to be a fun few weeks of science
Predmid
AG
yaaay. more cards I won't own a lot of for a long, long time.

yaaaaaaaaaay.
redline248
AG
I've been saving all my gold for weeks
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Not that I've seen anywhere. I think this is just a preorder option.
Line Ate Member
AG
These cards are going to be fun. A mill-jade golem rogue sounds interesting!!
redline248
AG
They are really pushing the game in a more wide open direction, it appears. Hope it's not just the same shaman decks over and over, like now.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Just bought 21 packs with gold. Got 8 Jade spirits and two patches the pirate. Oy.
redline248
AG
Just opened 82 packs:

90 Rare
15 Epic
4 Legendary (1 every 20.5 packs)
7 Golden Common
5 Golden Rare
1 Golden Epic

Of my commons, 24 of them where Grimestreet Smuggler. I haven't counted yet, but I bet I have at least that many jade spirits.
Brenner
AG
35 packs.
1 Golden Gonzo.

Free legendary I guess? Plan on crafting Raza, Aya, and Kazakus
Line Ate Member
AG
I wish I would have been a little more intelligent with my gold, or I wished I would have just bitten the bullet and bought the fifty packs
Predmid
AG
Just an FYI: There's a problem with the packs at the moment and having a not intended increased chance of the triple class cards vs. the rest.
Predmid
AG
srob2004 said:

Kolento. I mean Thijs

because this always warrants a repost:

https://clips.twitch.tv/thijshs/SpotlessMinkFPSMarksman
Ganondorf
AG
https://m.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5fxr6u/comment/daoapsb

Greetings,

After the launch of Mean Streets of Gadgetzan on the Americas server, we discovered a bug with Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card packs that unintentionally made the drop rate of tri-class cards higher than intended. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

A hotfix was rolled out to all players on the Americas server at 2:30PM PST, which corrects this issue. Players on the Americas server will now see tri-class cards appear at a drop rate that is consistent with other cards of their rarity.

Any player on the Americas server who opened Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs before 2:30PM PST will receive additional Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs as compensation. The affected players will receive 33% of the total amount of Gadgetzan packs opened before 2:30PM PST, rounded up, to a minimum of one, regardless if the player acquired packs through gold, Quests, or real money. Since cards are generated upon pack opening and not pack purchase, packs purchased before the hotfix but opened after the hotfix will not experience this bug and will not be a part of the compensation roll out.

For example, if a player opened their 50 pack pre-purchase bundle before 2:30PM PST, they will receive 17 additional packs. (33% of 50) If a player opened one pack of Mean Streets of Gadgetzan cards and completed a Quest that awards two packs before 2:30PM PST, they will receive one additional pack. (33% of 3) If a player opened 47 packs before 2:30PM PST, and 23 packs after 2:30PM PST, they will receive 16 additional packs. (33% of 47 affected packs)

This fix will also be added to the release of Mean Streets of Gadgetzan before packs are available to open in all other regions, so players will not be affected by this bug when Mean Streets of Gadgetzan goes live in their region.

We are currently working on when the compensation will be applied to affected players. We will provide additional updates as they become available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
redline248
AG
No wonder I had 20+ of those cards
Cloud
17 free packs? I'll take it.

On my 50 packs I opened up kazakus, patches, and don Han cho. Glad I got kaz so I can continue my fav deck in the world, Reno lock.
redline248
AG
I crafted Kaz and Solia. Those reno games take forever (using the built in recipe).

It's going to be interesting when reno rolls out.
Ganondorf
AG
Trash legendaries in my 67 packs. Harambe and sergeant Sally.

Almost 30 duplicate rares.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.