*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

268,006 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
dwit392
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bungie is just so inconsistent with everything. They say things in confusing ways, then they say one thing and change their mind, or they just make a mistake. It happens pretty much every patch.

EDIT: Also, side note, most people are reporting that fusions got pretty much trashed to where they are completely worthless. Lol
Streetfighter 02
AG
Yeah man. When you're ready let's do Crota!
Tex117
AG
quote:
was there a Golgoroth group last night?
I found a group on NeoGaf....

And I have the CP on an alt if you guys want it.

Its really not that hard. But the MVP is the second guy.

Single orb strat. Number off your team 1 - 6. Odds on left, evens on right (or vise versa).
1st guy does the normal thing. BUT the 1st guy has to be very vocal about the timer. About 7 seconds left...2nd guy jumps out....and grabs gaze....Then, 3rd...then 4th....everyone must get it.

After 6, let it drop.

Continue on as normal. Rinse and repeat.

I have the Oryx HM CP as well...(doubt there will be too much interest in that)
Streetfighter 02
AG
I'm in if we try this around 7:30 or so tonight. I just have one errand to run after I leave the gym.
mid90
AG
Yeah I could do Golgoroth tonight
Mr.KyleReed
AG
VoG is the only raid ive done, if yall are willing to walk me through it, ill do whatever yall want.
kill0509
AG
I'm down for a run at golgoroth tonight.
Saxsoon
AG
Slr was great and there was a PlayStation exclusive quest for a trick sparrow. Lots of fun but I can see two tracks burning me out. Want to try and get s rank.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
Bungie is just so inconsistent with everything. They say things in confusing ways, then they say one thing and change their mind, or they just make a mistake. It happens pretty much every patch.

EDIT: Also, side note, most people are reporting that fusions got pretty much trashed to where they are completely worthless. Lol
I don't know, I went into a Rift match this morning with Fabian Strategy and the Omolon Thesan fusion rifle I picked up from the Gunsmith about 2 minutes prior and had 31 kills.

The idea behind fusions will never change ... it's just about timing your charge.
bevokilla
AG
quote:

Apparently the Lyudmila (sp?) is basically worthless now. The high impact pulses got hit HARD like a 20% nerf so now it takes 3 bursts to kill (same as Nirwen's) just with a much lower RoF.

I was having pretty good success with TLW and Grasp of Malok last night.

Decoded all my engrams last night and managed to get some new exotics:

• ATS/8 Hunter Chest which I will probably never use as I don't like bladedancing
  • Twilight Garrison. I know I'm not using the exotic perk right but it basically does the same animation as a shoulder charge but in the direction you are holding the stick. Dont see this replacing Armamentarium
  • Plan C but I didn't use it at all
  • I used Legendary marks to buy Hard Light and I was really digging it even though I hadn't unlocked a single perk
Pac1698
AG
I'm down for the Crota's End Raid if you need an extra player. I've never done that raid, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be. Just let me know when you all would like to try.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
what about either crota or oryx tomorrow (thursday)?
mid90
AG
quote:

My two buddies from last night and I would be down. They have not done Crota, and I've only done it once.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
quote:

My two buddies from last night and I would be down. They have not done Crota, and I've only done it once.
sweet. ill see if combo wont puss out but sounds good
MBAR
AG
Yesterday autorifles were hitting for the same as before the patch. My Suros headshots were still only showing 25.

Last Word felt great though. Ran around with that and a sniper for awhile and had a lot of fun. Used my water star also and enjoyed that. Hawkmoon felt much better accuracy wise. I didn't use a fusion rifle at all. Shotguns still felt fine. I feel like the damage drop off up close didn't feel too harsh and the movement speed I didn't notice (but I was playing on my hunter with keen scout). I did feel as though longer range shots were providing more damage. While I can't shotgun someone down from full health at range, I felt like I could kill someone at half health at a further distance than before.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I have a buddy that is over 310 light level interested in Golgoroth as well.
dwit392
Yeah, they did extend the final dropoff range for shotguns which is very good in my opinion, it should probably be further to lessen the necessity of a high range shotgun. I always used to rage back in early vanilla destiny when I was a blink shotty warlock with the worst shotgun imaginable. I would shoot at someone with almost 0 hp and I would get "Immune"s from not too far away.

I have pretty much exclusively been using Eyasluna as my primary for the past couple of weeks unless I needed to use a pulse rifle to compete. I will probably either be using that, TLW or MIDA as my primary for most of the time time. I do love hand cannons. With the layouts of most of the maps in Destiny, Thorn is the best primary in the game. I really hope we do not see a year two version.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Gonna have to do all the daily everything and a few strikes to acquire the strange coins for a new MIDA!
Tex117
AG
I have dinner plans this evening, but if one of yall are on around 7, then I can get you the CP. (Ill likely be more free tomorrow if others can do it then as well).

Oh, and it looks like Bungie did a stealth edit
compare this (edited) https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14094
to this

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14016
dwit392
LOL, this is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever seen.

They revised the number for pulse and auto rifles ... except the numbers for pulse rifles are definitely still wrong.
MBAR
AG
.7%? LOL

WHY EVEN BOTHER? I'm pretty sure I'll either use a MIDA, Last Word, or Stick with Nirwens/Red Death/Trials Pulse.
MBAR
AG
Basically Bungie must think we're stupid as hell if they are going to try to tell us they meant to increase damage by a fraction of a percent. There's no point to that. None.
mid90
AG
Over a year into the game, and they still monumentally **** up the monthly updates.

They must hire some ****ty people.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
LOL, this is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever seen.

They revised the number for pulse and auto rifles ... except the numbers for pulse rifles are definitely still wrong.

0.04% ---- WOW!! So my doctrine of passing takes what --- one less headshot to kill someone?! So the ttk is upgraded by 1/3000th of a second? Thanks, Bungie, for making it clear that your patch balanced the game. Heaven forbid I not have that slight extra time for the kill time.

In other news --- this is why math people get pissed off when people don't understand percents and decimals!
dwit392
Lol, one less bullet is a little too optimistic and would make the DoP pretty insane. That difference likely makes absolutely no difference, just like Bungie intended, of course ...
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
You are probably right. So the only real change is titans and shotguns.. Got it.
dwit392
Lol, no ... Pulse rifles were hammered pretty hard. Also don't forget about hand cannon buff. I can quit raging when I use Eyasluna and TLW.
Tex117
AG
Were you guys able to knock out Golgoroth HM Challenge last night?
Streetfighter 02
AG
Nope. We didn't have enough folks immediately so Boogie helped me finish No Time To Explain and we did the nightfall.
Tex117
AG
^
Still productive.
mid90
AG
And I've got my alt-alt Hunter up to lvl 36! #soclose
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Got Twilight Garrison this morning.. so --- time to go back to playing Striker titan.
mid90
AG
7:30 tonight for Crota's End?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
7:30 tonight for Crota's End?
sounds good.
Pac1698
AG
Do you guys still need an extra or are you good? My PSN is boomer1698.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.