*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

268,066 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just realized i hadn't downloaded the update. .....hopefully i won't get boned with a 30gb update thst takes all night like the October update. ...
kill0509
AG
I'm in!
Tex117
AG
The Destiny raid fatigue is real!
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Hahaha.. first thing I said last night after Mid invited me was "Ughhhhhh... do we have to do this?" Then everyone went back to playing Iron Banner or Fallout.

Last week was the first week I didn't clear the raid in any mode at least once. Already not looking good for this week, also. I'd love to get the IB chest piece and arms for my Titan, but I don't even feel motivated enough to turn Destiny on for that as well.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
Hahaha.. first thing I said last night after Mid invited me was "Ughhhhhh... do we have to do this?" Then everyone went back to playing Iron Banner or Fallout.

Last week was the first week I didn't clear the raid in any mode at least once. Already not looking good for this week, also. I'd love to get the IB chest piece and arms for my Titan, but I don't even feel motivated enough to turn Destiny on for that as well.
LOL!

I was quite settled in to Fallout 4 when the messages went out. I'm sure we will be raiding again soon (as it can still be fun...)...but I think just about everybody hit burnout.
mid90
AG
Iron Banner with a full raid team was fun! Hopefully we can do it again tonight.
MBAR
AG
Yeah I'll do some IB tonight for sure. Much prefer that to raiding ATTM. I enjoy raiding, but once you beat the fights a few time whats the point? There's nothing else to gear up for.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Iron Banner with a full raid team was fun! Hopefully we can do it again tonight.
Person 1 - "Hammer"
Person 2 - "Whose hammer? Ours or theirs?"
Silence
Person 2 - "WHOSE HAMMER?"
Tradition - "IT'S MY HAMMER CALM DOWN"
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
Person 1 - "Hammer"
Person 2 - "Whose hammer? Ours or theirs?"
Silence
Person 2 - "WHOSE HAMMER?"
Tradition - "IT'S MY HAMMER CALM DOWN"

that's every crucible game ever.
TexasAggie_02
AG
me when i hear a hammer:

MBAR
AG
I'm getting on to start playing some IB now. Anyone on just invite me if you want to group up.
mid90
AG
Another good night of IB
Beau Holder
AG
I ended up in a full fireteam of six where the game became to start every round with a dance party and wait for the other team to find us. The first person to shoot at/kill one of us while we were dancing (rather than wave or dance) became the target and spent the rest of the round getting 'bagged by the entire team regardless of who killed him. Added some spice to IB for sure.
Aggie_3
finally have all three of my characters to level 40 as of last night
mid90
AG
I'll be on again tonight, but not until I'm done wining, dining, and sucking at golf at Top Golf on the company's dime. So 9ish.
dwit392
So this is a pretty awesome sniper montage ...

mid90
AG
Help a kinderguardian out: what is that primary that he's also sniping with? DO WANT
dwit392
That is the (in)famous No Land Beyond (NLB) from year 1. You would probably have to play old content to get it. It dropped at a pretty high rate in the Dark Below.
mid90
AG
Is there a year 2 version?
Tex117
AG
quote:
HAHA, reddit would meltdown.

The gun is a sniper rifle you equip in the primary slot.

And man...was it a hated drop back in the Crota's End days.
Beau Holder
AG
My God.
MBAR
AG
quote:
My God.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:
HAHA, reddit would meltdown.

The gun is a sniper rifle you equip in the primary slot.

And man...was it a hated drop back in the Crota's End days.
I wanted one for so long and I finally picked one up from Xur I think the last week before TTK. I haven't used it much but this has inspired me and I think I know what I will be doing in crucible next week...
Prime0882
AG
No Land Beyond has been the one exotic item to evade me the whole time I have played. Will have to try to see if I can get it to drop from a year one exotic engram off of Xur.
Drake aTm
AG
Teach me your ways
dwit392
Definitely not me. It is fun to watch though. My favorite moment is @ 1:27.

Maybe I will make a montage one day, but it will be a ***** to edit with no editing skillz, I don't capture enough of my gameplay (I may start streaming again this weekend), and I don't really play in a montage conducive "style"
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
No Land Beyond has been the one exotic item to evade me the whole time I have played. Will have to try to see if I can get it to drop from a year one exotic engram off of Xur.
Xur sold it a million times?! How did you not get it!?
Prime0882
AG
quote:
quote:
Xur sold it a million times?! How did you not get it!?

I didn't play when he sold it so often, and I think I missed it the weekend he had it before TTK.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
If there is an Iron Bananas team I'd like a spot.
dwit392
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14016

December balancing update patch notes. Lots of implications for PVP.

Pulse rifles were hit really hard, I was expecting a range nerf, and they got a damage and a range nerf.

Shotguns got nerfed again (which I personally don't like but w/e, I honestly think Bungie needs to make better maps). Rangefinder is pretty much a must have perk on a high level shotgun.

Handcannons should be better, auto rifles will be better

Fusions should definitely be better and maybe even usable.

Popular loadouts should be scout and shotgun or pulse (I think the NW Mercy should still be ok)/handcannon (eyasluna and imago loop are looking really good) and sniper.
mmtexasace
AG
I'll be on just after 9:00 PM, so shoot me an invite for iron banner if y'all have an open spot
Pac1698
AG
Hey Guys,

After Iron Banner week is over, can I get some help with the PvP part of the quest for the First Curse? I've been trying for a couple of weeks playing rumble, but the best I've done is 4 head shot kills. The hand cannon they give you to complete the quest really stinks. Thanks!
Tex117
AG
Not that I'm a PvP guy at all, but it seems First Curse may be an interesting gun to use now that once you get the First Curse to proc, it instantly refills the magazine. (If I read that correctly).

And good about the Shotgun nerf. Nerf that gun into the ground...The range on that was stupid and rage inducing for me personally (probably because I don't particularly care for pvp).

Looks like the Zhalo and the Suros Regime may be back to useable status.

bevokilla
AG
quote:

And good about the Shotgun nerf. Nerf that gun into the ground...The range on that was stupid and rage inducing for me personally (probably because I don't particularly care for pvp). because I don't use shotguns and therefore no one else should either.

FIFY
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Hey Guys,

After Iron Banner week is over, can I get some help with the PvP part of the quest for the First Curse? I've been trying for a couple of weeks playing rumble, but the best I've done is 4 head shot kills. The hand cannon they give you to complete the quest really stinks. Thanks!
Don't tell me you are boosting in Rumble to do it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.