*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

268,024 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bungie screwed us out of an oryx completion with ridiculous lag on the final round. So we said "COME AT ME BRO" and beat him again on the next try. Worked that time. All so I could get my 3rd chest piece drop of the night (none of which were higher than my previous raid chest piece).
Tex117
AG
Congrats to Hard Mode Raid crew for the clear! All of us have a pretty good understanding of the fight now and have it down (except when Oryx glitches out...that was some bs). Future clears will be much smoother.

Just remember, if you are running 2nd position you are Oryx +1 platform, and if you are a hunter, you can jump from a plate to a sister platform. (Learn something new every day).

Prime0882
AG
quote:
Congrats to Hard Mode Raid crew for the clear! All of us have a pretty good understanding of the fight now and have it down (except when Oryx glitches out...that was some bs). Future clears will be much smoother.

Just remember, if you are running 2nd position you are Oryx +1 platform, and if you are a hunter, you can jump from a plate to a sister platform. (Learn something new every day).

Good job by all last night... was really smooth in the end after everyone became comfortable with the strat.

Got a nice surprise when I got back to the Tower last night. Oryx dropped a 310 Helm of Saint-14 for me last night that I didn't notice since I was full on helms.

Still awaiting the ever elusive Hallowed Helm on any of the toons so I can finally get the Hard Mode armor shader.
Drake aTm
AG
Did you guys want to run through HM, again sometime this week?
mid90
AG
Do we still get gear drops if we do it again this week? If so, I could run it again.

Although before we do it again, I humbly request we do a quick VoG run so I can get closer to obtaining No Time to Explain.
30_Days
AG
excited for arms day just so I can claim and then break down 15 legendary weapons and plug my weapon parts hemorrhage temporarily.
Drake aTm
AG
Can't wait to get my raze-lighter today.

Mid, I'll help you with vog, if you help me get my sword.

You get gear drops if you run it with a different character
mid90
AG
quote:
excited for arms day just so I can claim and then break down 15 legendary weapons and plug my weapon parts hemorrhage temporarily.

Damn. I need to get on that train.
Drake aTm
AG
quote:

I need to start doing this for the marks and parts...

Never thought of that
30_Days
AG
btw, Armsday weapon recommendations are up on Planet Destiny

http://planetdestiny.com/armsday-roll-suggestions/

there might be 1 or 2 guns worth keeping depending on your needs. I don't have a Hakke pulse rifle yet, so I'll probably keep one of those.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:

I need to start doing this for the marks and parts...

Never thought of that
yep.

with 3 characters it's guaranteed 45 legendary marks and 30-45 weapon parts
Aggie_3
Anyone down for a Normal mode raid today?
Tex117
AG
Mid, I can help, though I wont be on much for the rest of the week. (With the exception of tomorrow...) I think I can run HM with my alts to Oryx. (Cant bring him down...too low of light).

At the least, I can run a Normal mode on the alts.

Vade281
AG
I'll be on tonight raiding
MaroonOut09
AG
I'm in for a normal mode raid.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Did you guys want to run through HM, again sometime this week?
My warlock is also 311+ and needs a HM raid. Can't tonight, but maybe tomorrow or Sunday/Monday evening.
Aggie_3
ill be on around 5:30-6 tonight
Jack Burton
AG
I should be on around 6
redbaron788
AG
I could use a normal raid for my titan or lock
MBAR
AG
I can do a normal raid too. Just send me an invite when you guys start. I'll bring my lock or hunter.
Jack Burton
AG
Just chilling right now waiting to get this started. Bringing my Titan again
mid90
AG
20 moldering shards taken to produce an uncharged antiquated rune. Thanks bungie.
mmtexasace
AG
I have oryx hm cp for my 310 warlock if any of y'all want to help me finish him off at some point.
Prime0882
AG
Did those of y'all working on Normal Oryx have any luck last night?
mid90
AG
VoG tonight? Figure we could get it done in an hour or so.
Drake aTm
AG
Bought the HUNG JURY and got it to 313. That thing is a BEAST.

Debating on buying the villainy, or 1000 yard state next. Any other recommendations?
30_Days
AG
I picked up the Hakke pulse rifle with Army of One and Counterbalance from the Gunsmith yesterday, and hoooooly crap that gun is a monster.

I was tearing up mobs in the nightfall with the gun still at 280 and without the final column upgraded. I felt like I had basically unlimited grenades and throwing knives, and the gun itself hits like a truck.
Prime0882
AG
quote:

Debating on buying the villainy, or 1000 yard state next. Any other recommendations?
1000 Yard Stare from the Vanguard vendor is awesome. That was my go-to until I got a raid sniper that I use to keep my light level up more than anything else. Quickly learning that the Perfectionist perk is more than likely not going to be very useful at the end of the raid.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Just an FYI for those still expanding their armories - this weapon really is probably the best all around legendary PVE weapon. I love the Zhalo Supercell and the Tlaloc (when on my warlock), but this thing is just a perfect PVE machine and can tear up bosses while keeping your exotic slot open for Black Spindle if you're in the first half of the raid.

Absolutely worth the 125 (150?) marks. Very smart move to be anyone's first big marks purchase if they want to raid.
Tex117
AG
Ill be on tonight (though will be playing MGSV). I'm happy to help out any Normal Raids, HM Raids (through Sisters...my alts are still low), and I'll even throw in VoG if you guys are still needing it.

Just send a message! I'll be on around 7-730 or so.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
Just an FYI for those still expanding their armories - this weapon really is probably the best all around legendary PVE weapon. I love the Zhalo Supercell and the Tlaloc (when on my warlock), but this thing is just a perfect PVE machine and can tear up bosses while keeping your exotic slot open for Black Spindle if you're in the first half of the raid.

Absolutely worth the 125 (150?) marks. Very smart move to be anyone's first big marks purchase if they want to raid.

The Hung Jury is awesome, but more and more I'm leaning towards weapons with Army of One (or One Man Army?) as my perk of choice. Maybe just my play style, but the rapid refill of melee and grenade abilities is incredibly valuable. It can also be paired with gear perks that fill super or drop orbs quite easily.

I've never been too impressed with firefly.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
The Hung Jury is awesome, but more and more I'm leaning towards weapons with Army of One (or One Man Army?) as my perk of choice. Maybe just my play style, but the rapid refill of melee and grenade abilities is incredibly valuable. It can also be paired with gear perks that fill super or drop orbs quite easily.

I can understand that - I've probably never noticed how useful Army of One may be since I'm normally not throwing a ton of punches and only a few grenades here or there while in the raid. Most of the encounters generally have us at range, so I mostly love Hung Jury for triple tap and its usefulness.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I can do VoG tonight, never done it. Be on around 6, might know another guy that needs to do it if we need another
mid90
AG
quote:
I can do VoG tonight, never done it. Be on around 6, might know another guy that needs to do it if we need another

You are gonna have a blast. It's a great raid!

I won't be on until around 7:30-8:00 CST.
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Firefly is quite possibly the greatest perk for dealing with mobs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.