*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

268,057 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Secret exotic sniper rifle with 310 light discovered, available TODAY ONLY through the daily heroic

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m1ue1/just_received_black_spindle_from_daily_heroic/

quote:
It is the year 2 exotic version of "Black Hammer" with 310 light.
I don't know if it has to be triggered a certain way, but when you are at the part where you have to find 2 relics to unlock the door for the second time as you escape the temple of crota, go towards the Shadow Thief strike where you board the ketch and finish the mission form there.
You have 10 minutes to clear the ketch of Taken enemies and kill the ultra taken captain "Driviks".
EDIT: Will provide proof ASAP
EDIT 2: PROOF http://imgur.com/dkYLuJl
EDIT 3: Scope seems to be bugged. Can only use Hawkeye scope regardless of the scope selected.
EDIT 4: Thank you to my amazing and idiotic friend /u/Chaddiggans for accidentally boarding the ketch.
EDIT 5: I can't put any other sort of proof, the gun won't show up in the armory. If there is any other proof I can provide please let me know. My PSN is "TackiestTaco" if you want to search and look at my character online.
EDIT 6: Uploading video evidence to Youtube now. It starts as my fireteamate and I are looking for the second relic and he goes to explore the lift into the ketch.
EDIT 7: Either Youtube is being dumb or I am and I can't upload it! HELP!!!
EDIT 8: I DID IT!!! VIDEO PROOF:
EDIT 9: Apparently I can't count! I guess it's the 3rd area NOT the 2nd.
EDIT 10: Get wrecked tripleWRECK :p
EDIT 11: We think we figured it out! All of these are steps that we BELIEVE to be true. In order to access the ketch you need to speed run after collecting the soul fragment all the way to the door with the first relic. DO NOT scan the door before picking up the relic. Just pick up the relic and put it on the door. Keep moving through and get to the third area. You do NOT need to place any relics in the third area. Go to where you would go to board the fallen ketch. You CAN die, but you CANNOT wipe. The mission must be done as the daily heroic.

Everything I read says it'll take a fireteam of three. Anyone want to get together later today and give it a crack?
30_Days
AG
I'm 100% going to try and get together a group to do this at around 430-5 CST
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
Alright, the day of reckoning has come.

Obviously, with as many people wanting to do the raid (and at various levels) it will be hard to coordinate everyone...So with that in mind....Lets throw a time out.

Wednesday, September 23rd, 7pm. (we can work on the time if we are having coordinating issues). Would rather take people who not done ANY of the raid. I figure we can try each section for awhile and see the mechanics for ourselves, then hop on line and read a strategy if/when we are having trouble.

Who wants in? Put your Psn in your post so I can make a note. Also, not that the lineup is subject to change in terms of when people can hop and and whether they think they are high enough level. (Really, being over 290 is the recommended level, and I doubt we will be able to take down oryx...but it will be fun regardless).

(1) Tex117 (294)
(2) salgambino (285)...Grind today Sal! Hopefully you can get to 290 at raid time.
(3) Prime0882 (hopefully 290, something)
(4) Midnight Yell
(5) Red??? (He hasn't responded yet, but I know he wants to...and he is high level) or JackBurton04 (GRIND DUDE GRIND!)
(6) Forrest

Alts...

Marsuvees, there is at least another full raid team here on TexAgs, if not, I'm sure we can keep our mouth shut and not spoil anything if you want to join in another time.

I didn't make the cut?! Red and I are each over 290...
Red said he MAY be on tonight. You want in this evening?

Just as an aside, with so many people interested, Im trying to keep it all straight. I apologize if I leave anyone off or someone feels not included. Its completely inadvertent!
30_Days
AG
Got my first taste of the raid last night, asked to jump in for the first boss and the room immediately before, almost cleared the boss but poor aura management hurt us.
redbaron788
AG
No longer maybe, I will be on
Bulldog73
AG
quote:
Well, I finally caved in and bought the Taken King on Monday. Planned on waiting a bit to get it but my buddies had already bought it. I'm a good week or so behind all of you but definitely looking forward to the new raid and such! It is so weird to have blue gear that beats all my old exotics and legendary gear.

Edit to add my PSN: kill0509

Feel free to add me if I haven't already played with you from the first year of Destiny.
Let's do the sniper rifle secret mission tonight if we can get leveled enough!
Tex117
AG
quote:
Ill be on! Tex117
Tex117
AG
quote:
No longer maybe, I will be on
Then the spot is yours.

Welcome back Kill.

Welcome mid9012

Beau Holder
AG
quote:
quote:
Ill be on! Tex117

Make me the third then. MidnightYell. 30, I sent you a friend request.

And I'll be playing basically all night. Is tonight raid night?
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ill be on! Tex117

Make me the third then. MidnightYell. 30, I sent you a friend request.

And I'll be playing basically all night. Is tonight raid night?
Damn straight it is Midnight! Get ready to rock and roll! (Im looking forward to this 310 sniper to help out the build)
Beau Holder
AG
Yeah, I'm at 288 light because my best special weapon is 275. The average of all my other gear outside of that is 294.
30_Days
AG
quote:
Yeah, I'm at 288 light because my best special weapon is 275. The average of all my other gear outside of that is 294.
hurry up and complete the nightfall quest line and bask in the glory of your level 300 fusion rifle
Saxsoon
AG
Anyone else wanting to start the raid Friday?

1) Saxsoon
MBAR
AG
quote:
quote:
Secret exotic sniper rifle with 310 light discovered, available TODAY ONLY through the daily heroic

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m1ue1/just_received_black_spindle_from_daily_heroic/

quote:
It is the year 2 exotic version of "Black Hammer" with 310 light.
I don't know if it has to be triggered a certain way, but when you are at the part where you have to find 2 relics to unlock the door for the second time as you escape the temple of crota, go towards the Shadow Thief strike where you board the ketch and finish the mission form there.
You have 10 minutes to clear the ketch of Taken enemies and kill the ultra taken captain "Driviks".
EDIT: Will provide proof ASAP
EDIT 2: PROOF http://imgur.com/dkYLuJl
EDIT 3: Scope seems to be bugged. Can only use Hawkeye scope regardless of the scope selected.
EDIT 4: Thank you to my amazing and idiotic friend /u/Chaddiggans for accidentally boarding the ketch.
EDIT 5: I can't put any other sort of proof, the gun won't show up in the armory. If there is any other proof I can provide please let me know. My PSN is "TackiestTaco" if you want to search and look at my character online.
EDIT 6: Uploading video evidence to Youtube now. It starts as my fireteamate and I are looking for the second relic and he goes to explore the lift into the ketch.
EDIT 7: Either Youtube is being dumb or I am and I can't upload it! HELP!!!
EDIT 8: I DID IT!!! VIDEO PROOF:
EDIT 9: Apparently I can't count! I guess it's the 3rd area NOT the 2nd.
EDIT 10: Get wrecked tripleWRECK :p
EDIT 11: We think we figured it out! All of these are steps that we BELIEVE to be true. In order to access the ketch you need to speed run after collecting the soul fragment all the way to the door with the first relic. DO NOT scan the door before picking up the relic. Just pick up the relic and put it on the door. Keep moving through and get to the third area. You do NOT need to place any relics in the third area. Go to where you would go to board the fallen ketch. You CAN die, but you CANNOT wipe. The mission must be done as the daily heroic.

Everything I read says it'll take a fireteam of three. Anyone want to get together later today and give it a crack?
Yup what time?

EDIT: N/M saw you already had a group. Hit me up if you need one!
Beau Holder
AG
Well it looks like Tex went ahead and is already doing it anyway, so I may be in need of group.
MBAR
AG
Yeah just let me know. Wife is working late so I'm going to play all evening, heh. I'll be home around 6ish.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Well it looks like Tex went ahead and is already doing it anyway, so I may be in need of group.
HAHA, tried it with Red and Sal...Guess what is not easy? That mission. We did not clear it. The adds are insane.

You really have to be closer to 300 it seems. I'll be down to try again for sure!
Beau Holder
AG
Hey, while we're all gearing up for this, anybody think the drink-when-you-die rule on a blind raid would be a great thing, or the greatest thing?
MBAR
AG
I hit 292 last night. Hopefully that is good enough.
30_Days
AG
Online now, G8SPECTRE, let's do this
Beau Holder
AG
I'll be on in 10.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Hey, while we're all gearing up for this, anybody think the drink-when-you-die rule on a blind raid would be a great thing, or the greatest thing?
no one would live.
30_Days
AG
well crap. something came up and now i'm not going to be able to really focus on this until tonight. but with a little luck I'll be back on late tonight, maybe around 11 or 12.
Beezy2389
AG
Just grabbed the Black Spindle with Sal!
30_Days
AG
rumor is bungie f*ed up when they made it 310 and they'll be nerfing it in the next update
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Any update on PVP changes?? Do they still have trials? How're the weapon balances and new maps and classes?
Drake aTm
AG
SOLO BLACK SPINDLE

30_Days
AG
quote:
SOLO BLACK SPINDLE

yep. now I feel completely inadequate.

This damn mission brought me within spitting distance of snapping my controller in half
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
quote:
SOLO BLACK SPINDLE

yep. now I feel completely inadequate.

This damn mission brought me within spitting distance of snapping my controller in half

Same. I said F it and went to bed in a rage at 1 am.
Saxsoon
AG
Myself, baron, and forrest got through it last night. It took four tries and I was going to have to call it a night when we got it. Finished with 1:30 to spare after nearly getting it three times before. It was amazing and one of the most difficult things I have done in destiny.

I think forrest was going to post the video
Drake aTm
AG
I love how they're putting "secret" missions in the dailys.

It felt very rewarding. You definitely have to earn it.

This feels a lot better than relying on RNGsus to obtain exotics IMO.
Tex117
AG
Ugh that mission, Midnight, Prime and I just couldn't get it.

I think that one time when we got into the room will into 6 minutes we had it if we would have focused on the boss.

Also, with two titans, we should have just popped blinding bubbles on the platform on at a time and lit him up. Saw that strat on reddit and thought...damnit, should have thought of that.

We will get it next time.

Thanks to all the raiders last night! We made some pretty good progress and I think we get the jist of most of the early fights! Good work!
mid90
AG
So I know that most of y'all are focused on running the new raid, but is anyone interested in running VoG with a virgin-raider sometime soon (sunday-ish)?

What level should I aim for before trying VoG?
Beau Holder
AG
Yeah, looking forward to taking on Golgoroth. Hopefully later tonight or sometime this weekend. Let me know what time is best. I don't expect to be in front of the PS4 until 10 tonight.
Drake aTm
AG
Ooh.

I wouldn't mind trying that out with new gear/abilities.

Ps4-salgambino

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.