Rocket League

174,712 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Halibut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dropshot is fun
Gregg Papivich
Trying it out right now on the xboner
shertown04
AG
shertown04 said:

Played two games of dropshot and I can already tell that the strategy of the game is going to be lost on a lot of people. I know it just came out but if people don't understand rotations in just a normal game then they won't understand a game this complex haha.

On the flip side I would hate to wonder what kind of horrible games Mike can make with mutators on this game.
And here is some of the weirdness that we are sure to encounter. I'm sure making the ball super big will be a problem as well. Looking forward to a night of craziness when we start messing with this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/60z7if/the_best_worst_thing_this_update/
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Update: Halibut is going pro in Drop-Shot.
Halibut
AG
Haha. I think by the end of the night, your dropshot skills surpassed mine.

I'm just glad we played a mode where I could be competitive with you guys.
Gregg Papivich
Any word on if we'll ever get Xbox vs psn, so I can dominate whoooop?
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
My guess is it will be a long time, if ever. I am fairly certain I will finish buying parts/build my pc before it ever happens.
shertown04
AG
Any xbox guys going to be on tonight? I just finished mowing the lawn so I'm trying to procrastinate being further productive tonight.
Gregg Papivich
Standard rankings are messed up right now, up to Gold 3 in doubles and can't get over silver 2 in standard
Gregg Papivich
New ranks are out

Mr Gigem
AG
Getting back into this game. Been playing consistently over the last few weeks. One problem I'm having now is the game keeps crashing. XB1 just did an update to the dashboard so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? Anyone else having these issues?
shertown04
AG
Skill Tier Adjustments

Quote:

We have deployed a small adjustment to how competitive skill tiers are calculated for Season 4. This does not affect matchmaking or skill gain/loss, only which Tiers map to which skill ranges (e.g. Gold II).
When we launched Season 4, we made an early adjustment to the Skill Tiers to ensure we did not create a surplus of Grand Champions in the first few days of the season. Players were gaining skill faster than we had anticipated and we made it harder to reach high skill tiers. While this was effective, it had the knock-on effect of making it more difficult than we originally intended to reach Platinum and Diamond tiers.

Today's changes restore the skill thresholds for Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond ranks to their intended values for Season 4.
In practice, you may gain a few divisions or an entire Skill Tier at lower ranks. Champions shouldn't move much, and Grand Champion requirements haven't changed.
Gregg Papivich
AccidentProne said:

Getting back into this game. Been playing consistently over the last few weeks. One problem I'm having now is the game keeps crashing. XB1 just did an update to the dashboard so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? Anyone else having these issues?

GT?
shertown04
AG
I haven't played much this last week since my parents came into town to help me box up the house but hopefully I can get in a little time here and there going into the weekend.
Gregg Papivich
That's why my rank has been going up
theNetSmith
AG
Trading question...

When I buy keys, I am subject to the 7-day trade timer. When the timer is up and I trade those keys with another player for an item, do I have to wait another 7 days before I can trade that item to someone else?
FormerLefty
AG
No, you don't have to wait a second time. The keys (and the items they unlock) have a single 7 day timer that starts when originally purchased.
theNetSmith
AG
Awesome. Thx, Lefty.
Gregg Papivich
Whooooop you at champion yet? Only up to plat 1
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
haha nope not yet. I have not been on a ton since the start of the season. Got to diamond 3 in standard but I think I am at diamond 2 right now.

The ranks are still a mess right now and solo queuing doubles is painful.

I think I got a little burned out towards the end of season 3, so I have been playing some MLB the Show (which has quite possibly the worst servers of any game ever).

I did play last night against a guy who is a sub for a team competing in RLCS right now... he was diamond 3 I think, which is ridiculous.

Also played with a guy who was champion 3 in standard and he was WAY better than anyone else I have played with or against this season. Getting to champion this season will definitely not be an easy task.

Edit: Also worth noting that I wish they would have kept the vegetable ranks. I prefer those.
theNetSmith
AG
And I got so excited when I made it to Gold 1 this weekend.
sdc177
AG
theNetSmith said:

And I got so excited when I made it to Gold 1 this weekend.
pics or it didn't happen...
theNetSmith
AG
Somebody's jealous.
Halibut
AG
Yeah, ranked is a giant cf right now. Most of my rocket league experience for the last week has been trying to air dribble in 1s. I'm not great at it yet.
Halibut
AG
Woo. Finally got out of gold in standard today. And then in my next (unranked) game, I managed to do this.

FightinAggie07
AG
Halibut said:

Woo. Finally got out of gold in standard today. And then in my next (unranked) game, I managed to do this.

FightinAggie07
AG
I have a stag weekend at home Friday-Sunday... good chance to rank up (for me) if anyone needs a +1 or wants to help a guy out. I'm currently Gold on Solo Duel and Doubles. Haven't ranked Standard yet.

For those that didn't add me before, I'm TxAgFTW on PS4. Not to be confused with my seldom-used PC account by the same name.
Buck O Five
AG
Matchmaking for Dropshot is garbage. I have a lot of hours logged but that doesnt make me a good player. The people I get paired against are air dribbling and making precision slams while I am just trying to make contact coming off the wall.

Team mates get pissed, and justifiably so, but repetitive losses dont seem to drop me down. Any solutions?
Michael78
Hey everyone,

There is currently an intercollegiate Rocket League organization called College Carball Association in which teams from different schools compete against each other. Texas A&M is currently not represented. I'm looking for 2 other players to join in and compete with me against other schools. PS4 and PC.

Here is the link for the CCA discord, join it and we can start organizing!

https://discord.me/CCA
Halibut
AG
Man, I would have been all over that if I was still in school.
FormerLefty
AG
Grand Champions are so overrated nowadays.

Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.
Gregg Papivich
Anyone on Xbox still playing besides sher? need better teammates besides randoms
Bryan98
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Anyone on Xbox still playing besides sher? need better teammates besides randoms

I know DT 03 still plays. He's a good Ag, but not a TexAgger.

I'm on a Zelda break.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I play every once in a while. Not as much as I used to.
GT: mbole

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.