New Theory for Missing Malaysia Flight 370

2,423 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by satexas
TexasA&MFoundation
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
The missing Malaysia Airline flight 370 (MH370) is one of the biggest mysteries in aviation history. An interdisciplinary team led by a Texas A&M University applied mathematician, Dr.Goong Chen, is theorizing what might have happened to the plane. Dr. Chen offers that the plane possibly plunged vertically into the southern Indian Ocean. The researchers' concluded from computer simulations that the plane took a 90-degree nosedive, which clarifies the lack of debris or spilled oil near where the plane was assumed to have crashed. Chen also concludes that the details of the mysterious MH370 are likely to remain a mystery until the black box is finally discovered.

Learn more about the research done by Dr. Chen and his team.

The Texas A&M Foundation is a nonprofit organization that receives major gifts and manages endowments for Texas A&M University. This year, the Foundation will provide $77.9 million for scholarships, faculty support, leadership programs and construction projects. Request your A&M Support Kit to learn how you can make a difference at Texas A&M through a gift to the Foundation.
G Martin 87
AG
I don't see how this theory could possibly be correct. A nosedive at speed into water would still have ripped the plane apart into a giant debris field. And the Indian Ocean is not a calm pool of water with gentle waves. A head-on 90-degree plunge across the entire airframe through the ocean surface is impossible.
Picard
AG
Let me see if I have this straight. So A&M put together a best-of-the-best team to come up with a ground-breaking new theory about what happened to Malaysia Flight 370. And when it was all said and done, their final conclusion was.....that the plane crashed in the ocean?

This is the stuff Aggie jokes are made of.

bam02
AG
I believe their task was to come up with the most likely theory, not necessarily a new groundbreaking one to make headlines.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
A nosedive at speed into water would still have ripped the plane apart

While 370 might have been going a little slower than the two planes that hit the WTC, both of those planes were able to penetrate steel columns without ripping apart prior to entering the building. At the Pentagon, flight 77 hit the ground first but a large portion of that plane went into the building as well.

You'd need to show that any speed differential in a nosediving flight 370 as well as the solid nature of the water below the surface (i.e. vs. the building materials and air behind the walls/steel columns at the various 9.11 locations) made enough of a difference to show your assertion is true or even possible.

Even if there was debris left on the surface, it could have been debris that for one reason or another didn't float. Keeping with the 9.11 theme, recall that Flight 93 crash site had very little debris of any significant size. A week, month, or even a year later, it could have scattered into the ocean and not been seen by a ship or aircraft close to it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
7-years later … where in the hell are we at with this?

Whats the most accepted theory?
MGS
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

7-years later … where in the hell are we at with this?

Whats the most accepted theory?
The pilot committed suicide and took the passengers and crew with him.
satexas
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Flight 93 crash site had very little debris of any significant size. A week, month, or even a year later, it could have scattered into the ocean and not been seen by a ship or aircraft close to it.

Exactly. And if I recall, the Malaysia flight *did* have some debris.

But they didn't know exactly where the crash site is, and that in itself is major speculation - and that's what they should really be focusing on the most - not the 'angle of the dangle, relative to the heat of the meat'.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.