The Witcher 3 Official Thread

34,170 Views | 311 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Thunder18
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The reviews have been stunning for this game with several 10s and many 9s. I decided to get the preorder a few days ago and plan to pick up tonight at 9 at my GameStop. Many reviewers are awestruck at how an open world game can have such purpose throughout.
Sandman23
AG
There is absolutely NO WAY I have the time required to fully invest in this...but I did anyway.

Damn you CDPR!

(Also, here's to hoping me missing out on the first 2 games doesn't come back to bite me here).
Pman17
AG
Should unlock on Xbox in 30min

7PM Central
Prime0882
AG
- Witcher 1 Recap

-Witcher 2 Recap
Thunder18
AG
Going to try it out tomorrow
Saxsoon
AG
Gamestop was notified by the manufacturer to break the street date and they let me pick it up at 6 pacific. Getting on now.
I Like Mike
AG
Picking it up today after football practice!
Saxsoon
AG
I got to play a bit last night. Killed a griffon for a main story quest. Another was an innocuous side quest to kill a ghost. I had to go to a well and then went into Arkham asylum batman detective mode to figure out what the creature is and how to kill it. A side quest fully voice acted and with cutscenes. I was floored at the detail that came for this quest off of a quest board
Tabasco
AG
How hard was the griffin. I did the same well ghost side quest
Saxsoon
AG
Not terrible though I was playing on normal. I was level 3
Tabasco
AG
Dang I'm still level one. Best way to gain XP and level up? Fight ransoms in woods?
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah I also went and found a couple places of power that give you additional points to upgrade. Also go back to the herbalist. There is a simple mission to brew a potion to help the gal she is helping from the griffon attack that is worth a lot of exp
Tabasco
AG
quote:
Yeah I also went and found a couple places of power that give you additional points to upgrade. Also go back to the herbalist. There is a simple mission to brew a potion to help the gal she is helping from the griffon attack that is worth a lot of exp

Oh ok. Thanks!
wangus12
AG
Picking it up today. Was gonna try and finish the 2nd one, but I don't wanna dedicate the time to it.
millertyme
AG
millertyme - 1
Griffin - 0 (or 2 if you want to be picky and count my deaths)
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Glad the combat is challenging and fluid.. Got about 3 hours of gameplay last night.
Prime0882
AG
Why was a second thread created?
Saxsoon
AG
Didn't see it oN the first two pages when I created it
Drake aTm
AG
It's been kind of glitchy and unresponsive at times. Anyone else having this problem?
millertyme
AG
If you do all of the necessary steps to reach Vizima, can you return to White Orchard? I still had things I needed to do in White Orchard
Xiuh
Been playing on Death march, good times relearning how to block, dodge and cast some spells. Only played a little of part two, so I knew what to expect at least. Enjoying the free world environment.
Drake aTm
AG
How the heck do you level up? Every time I grab all the missions on notice boards, it only lets me do the hard ones.
wangus12
AG
Wow, the game looks incredible. Played for about an hour last night. Did some side missions last night to get the feel of the game. Looking forward to finding that griffin when I get home from running tonight.
millertyme
AG
*Possible Spoiler but not really*

Doing a little research, if there are side quests that you still want to do in White Orchard, DO NOT return to the tavern after collecting the bounty on the Griffin. The story progresses out of White Orchard and you cannot return.
Xiuh
From what I have noticed, the main quests give you the most XP. Some side quests can but usually they offer armor or diagrams instead. Killing mobs gives a little XP unless they are higher level or rare in which case they give a little bit more. Just explore as much as you can and you will find random encounters/rewards.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
*Possible Spoiler but not really*

Doing a little research, if there are side quests that you still want to do in White Orchard, DO NOT return to the tavern after collecting the bounty on the Griffin. The story progresses out of White Orchard and you cannot return.
I already made that mistake... Oops..
millertyme
AG
As did I! Which is why I looked it up. I believe I only missed out on about 200-250 XP but also missed out on some diagrams and alchemy pages.
redbaron788
AG
Um, after the elf mage cave mission I went back to white orchard last night to finish that viper mission and explore the rest of the area.
Saxsoon
AG
Lord, it is hard to level up. Doing the first level 6 mission and haven't come across enough mission to raise my level. The ones I have done don't even check the box hardly (50exp). It is a little frustrating.
Drake aTm
AG
quote:
Um, after the elf mage cave mission I went back to white orchard last night to finish that viper mission and explore the rest of the area.

I think ill do the same. Just started the bloody baron mission.

You're right Saxsoon. Food, and money are definitely scarce and the few side quests don't give you enough exp to level up. I just hit level 5. It's pretty frustrating.
Saxsoon
AG
The worst part is I am only lvl 4.
millertyme
AG
quote:
Yeah. I figured that out last night. However, the 2 open side quests I had were marked as failed and unavailable after the trip to Vizima..
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
F'king werewolf cost me about 40 minutes of my life and I gave up and just decided I'd come back when I had better gear and skills.
Thunder18
AG
Game is definitely tough
Tabasco
AG
quote:
F'king werewolf cost me about 40 minutes of my life and I gave up and just decided I'd come back when I had better gear and skills.

You have to be sure to collect all the plants and wolf parts, plus ID the wolf king as a werewolf so you can make the right oil for blade.... That and use ciri's dodge a lot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.