*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

180,786 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
kill0509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't say that I have gotten a random Gig 'Em while playing. Pretty cool!

Anyone down for a hard mode crota this weekend? He and Skolas are all that I lack on my triumphs for year one.
Bulldog73
AG
quote:
Can't say that I have gotten a random Gig 'Em while playing. Pretty cool!

Anyone down for a hard mode crota this weekend? He and Skolas are all that I lack on my triumphs for year one.

I might be on tonight. I could use a hard mode.
Saxsoon
AG
OMG

Replaces Ghost Dialogue with the broken turret from Portal 2

Drake aTm
AG
Yeah. It's nice having a ton of tshirt fans. The 3rd gig em asked me how well do this year... I haven't responded yet.
Beau Holder
AG
8-1 again.
CoppellAg93
AG
I have a level 32 Warlock and need to run the 2nd Summoning Pits mission to get Thorn - with all the changes coming, is it worth trying to complete it ? I run it once yesterday solo and couldn't get past the 2nd room with the Knights and Wizards.
Drake aTm
AG
You already did the hard part. Might as well finish it
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah just get two other guys here to run it. I did lfg (they have a thorn bounty section) and we got it done quickly
CoppellAg93
AG
Cool - thanks.
TexasAggie_02
AG
thorn will still be a good weapon. I think it's actually getting a buff if you can land consistent head shots. body shots will be nerfed though.
Thunder18
AG
As someone who just finally got Thorn like 2 weeks ago...it's TOTALLY worth it. I can actually do the hand cannon bounties now
dwit392
One day. Keep playing those 3v3 playlists. Who were your teammates?
Beau Holder
AG
My girlfriend's brother and his roommate. We actually gelled into a really good team. I was blade-dancing and had several heavy rounds where I got their whole team, several rounds where I flanked with a shotty and we overwhelmed sniping teams, I was feeling it with the arcbolts, one of my teammates had a 10-0 game sniping in a 5-0 win, we had the map pretty down ... Bungie just said F y'all and matched us up consecutively with straight-up ace teams with multiple elite snipers.

From comfortably 7-0 to oh well. Like air out of a balloon.
Beau Holder
AG
WE DID IT. WE DID IT. WE DID IT.

We lost at 5-0 and won four in a row to make it, including the last one against a team of two guys who had flawless emblems and one who was red-barring. On the last round, up 4-2, I **** you not, I arcbolted one guy, killed the second with Thorn and charged in and shotgunned the third to pick up a Wrecking Ball on the win that sent us to the Lighthouse.

And I was so busy celebrating that I didn't hit SHARE until we had gone to orbit and it didn't record any of that last match. So I'm pretty heartbroken about that. You and Forrest would've been so proud. But here's the Destiny Tracker proof: http://destinytracker.com/dg/3212958505

I walked with the emblem, ship and an Arc Summoner, and possibly an arrhythmia and some manly tears of joy.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Drake aTm
AG
I can't even get 5 wins
dwit392
Haha, congrats! Good to finally see you playing the best PVP subclass in the game.
Aggie_3
The stories from Larry about the prison gaurds having sex with inmates made playing destiny again for the first time in months quite hilarious last night.
Beau Holder
AG
Trials is a unique mode. No other PvP can prepare you for it except, to some degree, skirmish. dwit and Forrest (and Telco and oil and red) can agree, it just takes repetition until you pick up the nuances. None of the three of my team are as individually good at PvP as dwit or Forrest, but we had good callouts, knew our strategy before each round's start, etc.

As for how I individually got better, it was just things learned over weeks of ToO ... where to place grenades, when to back out instead of pushing the issue, the difference between rushing on 3v2 and 3v1/2v1, never sticking our heads into sniping lanes if we weren't sniping, how to flank wisely, how to prepare when we could tell they were flanking, etc. We had one above-average sniper and two blade-dancers with shotguns who just split up appropriately to cover the right crossfire areas.

It's just practice, practice, practice. And I know a lot of people hate Thieves' Den, but I actually got to know this one like the back of my hand more than any Trials map except Widows Court. When you can tell your teammates, "I'm rushing the outside heavy with my super" or "They're not outside, they're circling around to our spawn, I'll cover the stairs," or "They're sniping the tunnel, [other shotgunner and I] will take the outside" or "They send one guy around by the outside heavy every time, I'm covering the back lane with an arcbolt," or "they head to the outside left platform to begin each one, spam grenades by the doorway" or on some occasions, "They're taking cover by the doorway, let's rush them -- two on the outside, one in the tunnel," it's crazy how many skilled players you can just outsmart.
Beau Holder
AG
Now that I've earned my stripes, I humbly request y'all still let me come along with you every now and then. I'm not sure I could replicate last night's feat on the Titan, but I'm definitely good enough now to be the Chris Bosh with a LeBron and Wade.
MBAR
AG
quote:
Haha, congrats! Good to finally see you playing the best PVP subclass in the game.
Not even close either.
MBAR
AG
quote:
Trials is a unique mode. No other PvP can prepare you for it except, to some degree, skirmish. dwit and Forrest (and Telco and oil and red) can agree, it just takes repetition until you pick up the nuances. None of the three of my team are as individually good at PvP as dwit or Forrest, but we had good callouts, knew our strategy before each round's start, etc.

As for how I individually got better, it was just things learned over weeks of ToO ... where to place grenades, when to back out instead of pushing the issue, the difference between rushing on 3v2 and 3v1/2v1, never sticking our heads into sniping lanes if we weren't sniping, how to flank wisely, how to prepare when we could tell they were flanking, etc. We had one above-average sniper and two blade-dancers with shotguns who just split up appropriately to cover the right crossfire areas.

It's just practice, practice, practice. And I know a lot of people hate Thieves' Den, but I actually got to know this one like the back of my hand more than any Trials map except Widows Court. When you can tell your teammates, "I'm rushing the outside heavy with my super" or "They're not outside, they're circling around to our spawn, I'll cover the stairs," or "They're sniping the tunnel, [other shotgunner and I] will take the outside" or "They send one guy around by the outside heavy every time, I'm covering the back lane with an arcbolt," or "they head to the outside left platform to begin each one, spam grenades by the doorway" or on some occasions, "They're taking cover by the doorway, let's rush them -- two on the outside, one in the tunnel," it's crazy how many skilled players you can just outsmart.
Definitely about teamwork more than anything else. I am not as good as Forrest or Dwit either but with good teammates going flawless seemed easy. And I'm not talking about good teammates that carry you, but just good teammates you gel with and play off of.

Glad you finally got it!
Beezy2389
AG
Hey quick preordering question. I see that I can preorder the $40 digital download which I want to do but I also don't mind spending the extra $20 for the class items and what not. Where can I buy those?
Streetfighter 02
AG
For the first time ever I solo'ed the nightfall. I don't think I could've done it w/o VoC, Solar Burn, and Small Arms. The damn thing would one shot shielded shanks. It was fantastic!
CoppellAg93
AG
Thanks for the heads up on LFG - got on it yesterday and got a couple guys to run the mission and get Thorn. Looking forward to using it.
Beau Holder
AG
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:

Best edited montage I've seen with Destiny yet.

I have a couple clips of my tripleWRECK kills for a video I was editing. One day I'll get around to finishing it.
Prime0882
AG
Anyone doing Skolas this week? Seems like an easier combo
MBAR
AG
I played some crucible for the first time in maybe 2 months yesterday. I did OK. I'd be down to run a raid or two at some point this week.
bearamedic99
AG
Xur is selling Gjallahorn
Beau Holder
AG
And people are losing it on the Destiny subreddit.

I have no need to buy another one but I feel like I'm spurning a beautiful day in Destiny history if I don't.
Aggie_3
ILL FINALLYHAVE A ****ING HORN!
Drake aTm
AG
quote:

fml. I really want one...
Drake aTm
AG
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
quote:

fml. I really want one...

Buy one...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.