*****OFFICIAL DESTINY PS4 THREAD*****

180,770 Views | 2469 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On now.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
For Midnight:

http://www.twitch.tv/aegabriel

Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Also ---

We need to do a Sweaty match with just TexAgs players. At one point we could cobble together 6 PvP players to make whole teams in control without a problem. If you don't know what I mean by Sweaty, here is a quick vid:

Tex117
AG
I laughed at this The Last Word weapon review.

Whats a gooney? (Not the movie) (Probably a head shot)
Streetfighter 02
AG
Best lunch hour use all year. IB rank glitch for two etheric light. Went ahead and bought the pulse rifle for no real reason.
TefIon Don
AG
What is the glitch again?
Streetfighter 02
AG
Be in orbit before Iron Banner goes live. When it goes live, if you're already in orbit, attempting to select the Tower as a destination will show "requirements not met." This takes a few minutes to occur. Don't leave orbit for the tower until the message is displayed. After this message is displayed change a piece of your armor. It doesn't matter which. Then select the tower and you should arrive after Iron Banner has gone live with your previous Iron Banner ranking intact.
Beau Holder
AG
I actually enjoy IB -- especially when we get a six-person TA fireteam running. Who's gonna be on later?
bevokilla
AG
People on Reddit are reporting that they aren't getting IB rep when winning games and sometimes not getting Medallions on losses. Please check reddit before running IB tonight
Jack Burton
AG
I'm in
bevokilla
AG
Apparently Destiny is straight jacked today. If you can log in now, go try to run Skolas....

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3bnu3p/just_started_skolas_and_got_the_rewards_while/
Streetfighter 02
AG
After a loss and a win I'm at 7 rep. Something is definitely wrong.
Jack Burton
AG
Knock on wood, but everything has been working well for me (other than hating The Cauldron cuz I've been there 6 GD times)
Beau Holder
AG
This comeback in IB earlier was awesome. We were down 11000-5000 and my team was freakin terrible. Then me and one other guy willed us back.

TefIon Don
AG
So many funny moments in that gameplay.
Beau Holder
AG
I agree. My top three would be 'nading that guy in the face just as he rounded the corner, chaining like three bubbles and shotgunning the Titan who came out like an idiot for the nail in the coffin. Honorable mention to that guy teabagging 45 seconds into the start of the game.
TefIon Don
AG
My personal favorite was where you teabagged him back, but then immediately get shotgunned by someone else.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Bubble Titans are better for control.. don't care what anyone else says.. The sheer # of orbs you can make for teammates who re-read you orbs is insane.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Bubble Titans are better for control.. don't care what anyone else says.. The sheer # of orbs you can make for teammates who re-read you orbs is insane.
But shoulder charge, panic slams on cap points, and lightning grenades....
TefIon Don
AG
I love using Fist of Havoc on a bubble. Not many greater feelings then absolutely smashing those helpless guardians who think they are safe.
Beau Holder
AG
I love when I see another Titan charging directly at me in the bubble and I can tell he's going to FoH, so I jump out of it just in time for him to destroy the bubble but spare me. Of course, after that it's 50/50 whoever can shotgun fastest, but it's still quite enjoyable.

I've fallen in love with the Striker the more I've played it, but in IB I'm Defender all the way.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
So -- for Sweaties we have:

Dwit
ForrestFires
Oilfield
MidnightYell

Need two more people.. Come on guys.. Who wants to play some fun TexAgs v TexAgs skim tomorrow around 4pm Central?
kill0509
AG
I would but i'm back home visiting my folks til Saturday.
redbaron788
AG
Our flight gets into DFW at 1:40c, but I think we're gonna stop at a whataburger so I won't be online til about 5. If y'all don't have a sixth by then or someone drops out I'd like to play

I just realized y'all probably meant Friday not Saturday, so never mind
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Xur has goodies.. Look at these Ram Helmets!

Saxsoon
AG
I sometimes dropped a bubble on B and backed away on the moon generator stage and backed off to the side.

Everytime a hunter wasted a Golden Gun on it
dwit392
I have complied a list of rules here.

This will be a good opportunity to play with friends in a fun game mode without some of the many broken things in this game.

This will be a good opportunity to improve at the game and learn how to play skirmish.

Here are a few tips for skirmish:

Angles and positioning are everything ...

Holding good map position (you have to learn these spots for every map) is a key to winning when its 3v3 in skirmish. You don't have to go and chase the enemy unless you have an advantage (2v3 or 1v3). If your opponents spawn on opposite sides of the map it may be a good idea to push your advantage before someone flanks you.

Try not to be in the same lanes (lines of sight) as your teammates when possible, opens you up to both getting grenade-d and may allow you to get flanked. If you can't get another good lane stand behind your opponent and tell him to back up if he needs and you can get his support if he gets rushed (make sure you stay out of the range that you both could be grenade-d (think just outside of arc bolt range).

If you are in a bad situation, it is OK to run and hide. You want to always have your gunfights near cover so if you start to lose you can back out before you let your opponent get the kill. If it is 1v3, you can run to the back of the map and hope your teammates spawn near you. Just try to play smart.

Think about team positioning. It is ok to be far apart from each other and have different lanes, but you don't want an opponent in between you and your teammates because it pretty much guarantees you are going to get shot in the back by someone, try to prevent this.

If you split spawn (opposite side of the map from your teammates), try to stay alive and communicate with your team to try to get closer to each other.

A lot of these things also apply to trials, but you want to be even more cautious because one death can really screw over your team.

Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Making Big Plays!! 1 Titan kills 2 golden guns and seals the deal!!

Oh --- and David thought we/I was done when the golden gun(s) were popped! Honestly, I should have been killed by each and every person I killed. I played it just poor enough to give them all a chance. 1st GG should have shot me but misread the map (I think). The Warlock choked with his shotty and I should have shotgunned 1st instead of melee then shotgun.. Last golden missed with his golden --- focusing on David who was not his immediate threat.

Fortunate, but it was just my match!
MBAR
AG
That was probably the most I ever wanted to win a game when I came up against Oilfield, Dwit, and Forest. Was playing with two randoms from Reddit and got stomped. That game was really fun, though.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
That was probably the most I ever wanted to win a game when I came up against Oilfield, Dwit, and Forest. Was playing with two randoms from Reddit and got stomped. That game was really fun, though.
We really wanted to win too!
dwit392
Yeah, it was pretty fun. You guys were definite an above average team.

I will be looking to set up some matched games with the rules I posted above. This game is definitely getting a little annoying and stale for me with a large part of it being that I wish thorn did not exist
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
a large part of it being that I wish thorn did not exist

To hell with Thorn and any talentless hack that uses it.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Lord Saladin isn't selling me an etheric light at Rank 3.
kill0509
AG
Thanks Telco and Red for jumping in last night on the hardmode VoG run!! I know it was ridiculously late when we finished so it was definitely appreciated as I had never finished a hard mode run before. Forrest and Boogie mentioned making a raid yesterday afternoon while we were running IB so it's nice to know that 5 are enough to handle it. Learned a lot last night!!
Beau Holder
AG
Sad that I missed it. Glad you were able to get through. Next time y'all are feeling a raid, I'm down. I don't think I've done one since HoW dropped, and I spent quite a few etheric lights leveling my raid sets to 42 light.

What drops did you get?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.