Free tech

451,666 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Vade281 said:

Thanks! Just curious, who's name do we use when we sign up for netgear stuff now? lol.
As in, who referred you?
Vade281
AG
Ya, because it asks almost every time who the referrer was so I put in Travis Rudolph
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Vade281 said:

Ya, because it asks almost every time who the referrer was so I put in Travis Rudolph
That's fine, you don't have to change it. Doubt they use that field for much.
Ark03
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey folks, if you read this and want an update on what I've been up to, plus a few deals, head over to the outdoors board to look for my new thread over there.
Trek Strategy - Every Journey Needs a Guide
irock2513
AG
Just got an email about a Nighthawk Wifi6 Router. Fingers crossed!
Aggie71013
AG
Got a few routers in the last 6 months and just got selected for an extender. Program is alive and well
Naveronski
AG
Nice! Congrats y'all.
PooDoo
AG
I must be off the list.
trueaggie2782
AG
PooDoo said:

I must be off the list.

I may be too. I did not go easy on them on their last router that they sent me. It was complete garbage and I called it out for what it was. I think they rushed it to market without doing enough quality testing.
nwspmp
PooDoo said:

I must be off the list.
Same here. Hadn't heard a single thing in probably over a year now. Assumed the testing system was dead.
Bregxit
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

PooDoo said:

I must be off the list.

I may be too. I did not go easy on them on their last router that they sent me. It was complete garbage and I called it out for what it was. I think they rushed it to market without doing enough quality testing.

I think that's why I was kicked off. I left a 4-star review for a NAS and the folks running the program were obviously irked. They sent me emails trying to get me to change it to 5 stars and I refused.
hph6203
AG
Last thing I heard from them was that Arlo broke off from Netgear and they had started a new program, but that was over a year ago.
Aggie71013
AG
I've left a 4 star review and still get offers. Also never been contacted to get me to improve the score.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Bregxit said:

trueaggie2782 said:

PooDoo said:

I must be off the list.

I think that's why I was kicked off. I left a 4-star review for a NAS and the folks running the program were obviously irked. They sent me emails trying to get me to change it to 5 stars and I refused.

One of my first reviews was for a hotspot, and I gave it like a 2 or 3 star review. I got plenty more test offers after that and no one ever contacted me to bump it up.

Maybe someone new took over though. I think Travis (OP) has moved on, so who knows.
sawemoffshort07
AG
Trek, I know you are no longer with Netgear; however, quick question: I have the Powerline PLP2000, is there a way to buy individual "satellites" to expand the system?
Vade281
AG
Selected over 20 days ago for a new product....still nothing shipped
Aggie71013
AG
Same boat. Sent a follow up to make sure I hadn't missed it they said it's taking longer than usual due to new protocols. Who knows.
Aggie71013
AG
Just got a shipping notification!
ExPLK
AG
It is being managed by someone different now and the communication isn't as frequent. I got asked to participate in testing a product and replied. I got no notification afterwards, the device just showed up. I followed the standard protocol and submitted the review - received no response.

Not complaining - just sharing as it is a little different now.
irock2513
AG
The communication was different this time bc life is different- reduced time in offices etc. After receiving the device without a heads up, I simply emailed the rep to confirm where the review needs to go. Just need to show a little more grace to folks these days.
Aggie71013
AG
Until this time my experience has been the same with the change in resource. Been great and I fully attribute this to COVID.
Vade281
AG
My router should be here tomorrow! I'm excited. I'm very grateful for this program. Glad to see it's still around.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Is there any way to get on this list still or has that ship sailed?
wessimo
AG
Nope. Staff booted op for not buying an ad.
hph6203
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Is there any way to get on this list still or has that ship sailed?
The program closed its enrollment not long after the thread was started and the program was scaled back pretty substantially when Amazon put the brakes on companies giving products in exchange for reviews. OP now has their own consulting firm for developing online business for companies and is a sponsor on the Outdoor board. He posts discount codes for products sold on Amazon by his clients.
Token
AG
Does OP still work at netgear? I might have a big order for him and his team
tfunk02
AG
Nope, he's a TexAgs sponsor now. I'm sure he could probably help since he was with Netgear for 13 years.

Here's his website: https://www.trekstrategy.com/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.