*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,501 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
Vade281
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guess I missed out on last night but I was able to get drops from Crota last night
GigEmAgs14
AG
I missed out as well, but I received a rare helmet, scout rifle, and special weapon from doing strikes on Mars.
howdydamnit04
AG
I think the take away from last night is when we have randoms in the group, always make the party invite only so their stupid &#$ friends can't join to talk about PE and what happened in 4th period today. Also if I request 32s only on LFG, just boot anyone who shows up as a 31. I dont mind having 31s in the group who are known but randoms just seem to be too risky to have.

One of the dudes kept giving Donde crap, I guess assuming he was also a random, even though Donde was taking care of business and this ****** keep screwing everything up.
htownag08
AG
Oh damn this must have been before I jumped in!
TexasAggie_02
AG
suggestion: always check http://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new before using any of the LFG sites. there are fewer people on the reddit site, but the quality is much better, and they are generally college-aged and higher. All my fastest LFG runs have come from reddit groups. All of my "kill me now, these guys are &$^%(! stupid" runs have come from destinylfg.net, and destinylfg.com.
Vade281
AG
I need to add everyone on here I guess if I want to get invited to raids
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
I need to add everyone on here I guess if I want to get invited to raids
Same here
Bryan98
AG
quote:
suggestion: always check http://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new before using any of the LFG sites. there are fewer people on the reddit site, but the quality is much better, and they are generally college-aged and higher. All my fastest LFG runs have come from reddit groups. All of my "kill me now, these guys are &$^%(! stupid" runs have come from destinylfg.net, and destinylfg.com.

This is excellent advice.
TheVarian
AG
THEY SUCKED.
LPHA
AG
My buddy's getting to the point that he's ready to put the game away until HoW. I'm not. I've only done the normal VoG twice from beginning to end, and I've done hard mode oracles and Atheon (got the sweet, sweet sparrow and nothing else). I'm up for anything, as long as you keep in mind that I still don't know the raids that well. I have a 31 warlock and a 26-27 titan that I'm trying to max out the defender class.

Tiny Pumpkins
htownag08
AG
I'm right there with you. I only have one character so I only get to run the raids once per week, if I even get the chance to. I still feel lost half the time on them, but the guys on here are always helpful to teach and help you get through it. I think i've run Crota way more than VoG at this point, but I still need some of the VoG weapons.
htownag08
AG
Damn and just as I say it Xur brings some good stuff for my hunter - I hope i have enough coins to get icebreaker or i'm going to have to do some major work tonight/tomorrow.
GigEmAgs14
AG
What is your Gamertag?
htownag08
AG
TNilli
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
Damn and just as I say it Xur brings some good stuff for my hunter - I hope i have enough coins to get icebreaker or i'm going to have to do some major work tonight/tomorrow.

I'll sell you 10 strange coins for every legendary engram you deliver to my postmaster. I'm pushing 160 strange coins and there isn't a single thing worth buying for me.
htownag08
AG
I've been slacking on the nightfall and daily stuff - need to catch up but I did get icebreaker!
TheVarian
AG
If anyone gets on tonight, can you help me beat Xyor?

Aggiekatie?
dcaggie04
AG
I'm about to be on and can help out. Need to take out xyor myself.
htownag08
AG
I probably won't be on till way later but if you still need help I don't mind.
AggieKatie2
AG
Sorry I'm out of state right now. I was able to solo him. Takes some time, but isn't overly hard if you have ice breaker and something to help take down blue shields.
Sentinel
AG
Need just one more radiant shard!
Raggy09
AG
I got a HM Crota checkpoint if anyone is interested.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
I got a HM Crota checkpoint if anyone is interested.

Right meow?
Raggy09
AG
Would've been, but I started getting a vulture error code...have no idea what I need to do with it.
Raggy09
AG
Apparently Bungie got their act together, I'm back online.
Aggie_buster
AG
Anyone care to add my gamertag to the list?

Amstel XV

I have a 32 hunter and 32 warlock.
TheVarian
AG
We will add you. The list gets updated every now and then since the mod is on here and there. But nonetheless, we will still add Ya and kick a
howdydamnit04
AG
Dont know if y'all have seen this but check out this map of the abyss I found on reedit.

http://postimg.org/image/z3d128t55/full/
GigEmAgs14
AG
Is it true that the game gets better once you reach level 20? I will reach level 20 tonight.
bearamedic99
AG
Keep telling yourself that.
TefIon Don
AG
Quick noob question: I have some defense upgrades available for some armor that will give me more light, but I'm not sure if I should use the ascendant shards required right now or save them for later. I'm about to be level 28, and I feel like I should do whatever possible to get to 30.
bearamedic99
AG
GEA14, it continues to grind but you slowly get more options for how to grind.

Teflon, I'm no expert but I would say get to lvl 30 so you can start on Crota and get Crota raid gear which require radiant shards instead of ascendant shards. Plus you will have an easier time with the weekly nightfall and daily heroic missions
IntercooledAggie
quote:
Quick noob question: I have some defense upgrades available for some armor that will give me more light, but I'm not sure if I should use the ascendant shards required right now or save them for later. I'm about to be level 28, and I feel like I should do whatever possible to get to 30.

If the armor piece in question is a Vault of Glass armor item do not use shards, however if it's vanguard gear go right ahead. Essentially you'll use vanguard gear and an exotic piece to reach 31, then start levelling Crota gear for 32. Hopefully that helps.
bearamedic99
AG
Depending on the wife, I hope to be on early tonight for a Crota raid. I have a full set of Crota's raid gear and need all the shards I can get.

Superrufus99
TefIon Don
AG
Bear: that's what I figured. Thanks.

Intercooled: its Vanguard Legendary gear, and with the upgrades I can get 9 more light (IIRC) which should bump me up a level.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.