*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,541 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
JonLobb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did buy my first piece of vangard armor last night though.

Bryan98
AG
quote:
It is possible for a group of 29s to do but but damn hard. Hard mode is leaps and bounds harder than normal.

Yeah, I've spent about 4 hours working on HM with 2 PUGs, and have nothing to show for it. I think if I can build my own group of skillful 29s (and 30s if any of us ever get the drops we need) we can do it. Normal mode is already feeling easy for everything up to Atheon.
Bryan98
AG
quote:

Congrats on that! Hope it wasn't the helm.

The discussion we're having is on how people determine who is going to play a certain critical role on the final boss, now that the pool of people who are available for that role is being randomly determined.
JonLobb
quote:
quote:

Congrats on that! Hope it wasn't the helm.

The discussion we're having is on how people determine who is going to play a certain critical role on the final boss, now that the pool of people who are available for that role is being randomly determined.
not the helm, leg armor.

still working on Future War rep though, all of the crucible armor has +strength.

I also switched to Blade Dancer subclass, and it is AWESOME.
THEamc
AG

XB1
GT Senor Poo
JonLobb
ok WTF. I finally got my first legendary engram, and when I decrypt it it comes out as a robe that I can't even wear, which them of course breaks down into some sort of upgrade material that I can't ever use.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Legendary should break down into shards, too. Trust me, you'll end up with more building materials than you'll ever use except for shards/energy.
Bryan98
AG
Unless you're dying for shards, I'd bank those legendaries that you get for other classes.
hot dog
AG
I really wish there was a matchmaking system for VoG. I've been trying for most of the day to find a group on /r/fireteams and destinylfg, but most want either a higher level (I'm 27) as well as previous experience. I really don't think I'm underleveled, and I have some decent guns (suros regime, and an almost maxed final boss).
JonLobb
is anybody going to be doing the weekly heroic strike this evening on PS4?

PSN: Spectre08
cr0wbar
AG
What level are you Jon? I might be on later tonight

crow_bar08
JonLobb
quote:
What level are you Jon? I might be on later tonight

crow_bar08
level 25
Bryan98
AG
Tb30: What system are you on, and what's your username?

Good on you for trying to PUG. I'm surprised you couldn't find a group at 27. I would definitely recommend maxing out your weapons to signal that you've prepared yourself, but I know they take forever.
spieg12
AG
quote:
I'm starting to believe that the right group of 29s can do Hard Mode without much problem.

Our group ran a hard raid in an hour and 20 minutes on Tuesday. We had 5 30's and 1 29. It was pretty easy. We didn't wipe until Atheon due to all the stupid glitches (people dying inside the relic shield even though they are feet from the relic holder, only one teleported and five outside etc).

If you have enough people who know how to do it it's pretty easy. I'd say we had 5 of the 6 who could handle the relic so the random teleport was never a problem. Also a tip for anyone interested, if you have one or two 29's and the rest 30, ALWAYS have the 29 pickup the relic on Atheon. You want as many 30's shooting him as possible to take him down fast. The damage drop off from 30 to 29 is unbelievable.
BigRed292
Psn: BigRed292
Im level 28 looking for some good players to help me beat my first raid and nightfall
hot dog
AG
howdydamnit04
AG
Xur is selling chest pieces, an Arc sniper, and helmet engrams.
tamusc
AG
Wasn't it chests last week too?

Guess I won't need to spend my coins in the sniper though since I got this bad boy as my nightfall reward last night.

Bryan98
AG
Tb30: If you want to hit 30 pre-Hard VoG, you need an exotic helm.

I'm pretty underwhelmed with Xur's offerings today. I'm probably going to save my coins - and my motes, since I have exotic helms for Warlock and Hunter, and now that I have two level 29 Warlocks, I don't have room to create a Titan.
Saxsoon
AG
Nope, picked up PaT this morning. I need a solid Arc weapon, especially as a warlock. I have legendary and exotic solar weapons, but and only a void legendary shotgun. I need to be picking up this kind of stuff. Also it will be great for getting some good potshots at bosses.
JonLobb
what difference does the different kind of damage make?
Tex117
AG
quote:
what difference does the different kind of damage make?
In the harder content, (The raid and nightfall specifically), The shields on captains, knights, etc. are hard to take down, come back fast, and you pretty much have to have a weapon that deals the specific damage that shield is weak to.

You probably didn't even notice it in the story mode, but when you shoot a shielded enemy, the color of the shield tips you off to what it is weak to. Fallen, usually arc. Hive, usually Solar, Vex, usually void.

quote:
Hard mode is leaps and bounds harder than normal.

Yup. It is. And if you don't have at least 3 level 30s or a gallhourn (sp) even a skilled team is going to have trouble with the DPS.

I did get Fatebringer from Templar Hard Mode...that is a sweet...sweet handcannon.
BourbonAg
AG
Decided to run my first heroic story today and I'll be damned if it isn't the last quest that takes forever.
JonLobb
Up to level 26.

Still haven't been able to do a weekly strike yet.

PS4: Spectre08

anybody? anybody?

bueler? bueler?
JonLobb
finally got all of my legendary gear and leveled to 27.

will anybody do the weekly strike with me NOW?
agdoc2001
AG
Jon,
Searched for your username on PSN and couldn't find it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JonLobb
you're right, posting the wrong one.

G8SPECTRE
AggieBob08
AG
quote:
you're right, posting the wrong one.

G8SPECTRE

Add me ,"rlmoats", I just got 27 and haven't been able to do a weekly yet besides when I tried to solo it. Lol
Arkyd
AG
Anyone on XB1 this afternoon that wants to run the weekly strike? If so, hit me up, sn is Arkyd (25 Titan).
Prime0882
AG
Finally hit level 20 on my first toon (defender Titan).
How much light equipment does it take to get to level 21 and onward? Did a daily heroic story last night and got a chest piece with +2 Light.

If this becomes a Wow type Timbermaw Hold kind of grind I might just wrap things up until DLC hits. Anyone else read that there'll be a 3rd subclass for the classes with with the DLC?

PS4: Prime0882
tamusc
AG
quote:
Finally hit level 20 on my first toon (defender Titan).
How much light equipment does it take to get to level 21 and onward? Did a daily heroic story last night and got a chest piece with +2 Light.

If this becomes a Wow type Timbermaw Hold kind of grind I might just wrap things up until DLC hits. Anyone else read that there'll be a 3rd subclass for the classes with with the DLC?

PS4: Prime0882

It's nowhere near that bad!

You can get to 25 or 26 pretty easily. Just do some bounties, strike playlist, public events and dailies on the highest level you can. Doing those should get you the base gear you can level and hit 26 without having to use many Ascendant shards.

After 26, you're pretty much dependent on shards and exotic or raid gear to get much higher.

Keep an eye on your motes of light and strange coins to try to buy gear from Xur on Fridays and Saturdays. Ideally you can buy am exotic helm from him. Then, fill out the rest of your gear with vanguard gear with the marks you'll get from the previously mentioned activities or drops.

Just remember that you can only wear one exotic piece at a time and you want that to be a helm, if possible.
JonLobb
I screwed up and didn't read this thread closely enough and ended up spending 125 vangard marks on the vangard helm the day before Xur showed up.

DOH!
TexasAggie_02
AG
be VERY careful with swapping items between characters with your Vault in the Tower. Lots of people are having their vaults WIPED!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2l18cb/i_just_lost_every_item_in_my_vault/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jzeox/missing_vault_items/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2k3kmh/anyone_else_had_weapons_disappear_from_their_vault/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2l00o4/all_items_stored_in_my_vault_disappeared/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2kbd5i/did_bungie_delete_your_guns_or_gear_are_you/

Bungie is looking into it.

Krussian09
AG
That kinda scares me. I've been swapping the majority of my gear between two characters for some time now. I think if I lost all my gear I just wouldn't want to play anymore.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, while I don't swap gear between characters much, many of my friends do. Bungie needs to fix this ASAP.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.