*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,487 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
Say Chowdah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I entered my first controlled mp group.

I am level 16 and everyone else was in the 20's but I can't say that is the reason I was so terrible. I was so terrible because I'm just plain bad.

In fact I am so bad an had to change my gamertag to "LowOctaneHero" to make sure that anyone who comes across me undertands that I am the weakest link (WeakestLink was already taken).
mid90
AG
I haven't played the game yet, as I don't have a console. But I've been looking forward to this game ever since I first heard about it almost 2 years ago, and was absolutely willing to buy a console just for Destiny. But now with everything coming out about how Bungie/Activision completely gutted the story, I don't think I'll get it.....which makes me extremely sad. I was so excited for the epic space opera story the game promised.

texsn95
AG
Destiny = collecting dust while I finish up Dark Souls. Bummed out to hear about how it turned out.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Destiny = collecting dust while I finish up Dark Souls. Bummed out to hear about how it turned out.

Dark Souls is always the best decision.

Destiny is great fun with friends, and even solo, but the story is nonexistent, and what's there is nonsense.
texsn95
AG
Yup, I'm ~75 hours in and still love it so far. Actually since Destiny is still in shrinkwrap I think I'll return it and order my hero Master Chief and his collection of awesomeness.
bearamedic99
AG
GRRRRR. There was an update during my playing a vanguard strike mission and my engram got downgraded from purple to blue. I'm 24 and so far have received only one purple engram which decoded to two motes of light.
cr0wbar
AG
Got my first legendary Queens Helmet last night. WOOOOO
Saxsoon
AG
If anyone will have me on a raid for ps4, I am a lvl 27 Warlock Sunsinger (revival ability). Have maxed voidwalker if the situation calls for it. I think I am comfortable enough now to tackle this.
fta09
AG
quote:
GRRRRR. There was an update during my playing a vanguard strike mission and my engram got downgraded from purple to blue. I'm 24 and so far have received only one purple engram which decoded to two motes of light.
Sounds like it was this patch and they warned you in the notes:
quote:
For good or bad they are changing the engrams.

http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

After the update, engrams will always decode into gear that is at or above the rarity level of the engram. There will also be a better chance of items being decoded into higher level items. Legendary engrams that are in your inventory at the time of the update will be DOWNGRADED to Rare engrams.

I don't know how I feel about this. I know it was annoying to not get a legendary when decoding a purple, but this is going to put legendaries/exotics in our hands faster and reduce the desire to keep trying to find better gear. I'm really hoping there's upcoming updates to expand the storyline/missions. Like maybe pushing this idea that the traveler is evil and the other alien races are the good guys trying to stop it from destroying more worlds by giving them technology (like what the Prime Directive was aimed at stopping).

Anyway, news.
redbaron788
AG
I think a few of us were going to attempt the Vault tonight Marsuvees but I think we were gonna start around 10c, not sure how that fits with your schedule
herb96
AG
So I can't the tell the Cryptarch to "go eat a ****" anymore?
Saxsoon
AG
I am pacific coast so that is actually better for me, sadly I do have other plans tonight. I think the soonest I could tackle is this Friday.
Raggy09
AG
Btw. You can't pay through the raid solo. Or at least I haven't figured it out yet. Really wish bungie would create matchmaking for it + the nightfall strike.
Tex117
AG
Special thanks to 86 and MaroonOut....Bailed me out of soloing the weekly heroic strike.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Finished the Nightfall strike yesterday. Sucked big time b/c i didn't have an arc sniper. We did figure out a way to cheat it though.

I am a warlock sunsinger, so I can revive myself. Everything was going good until the boss fight. My other two buds kept dying, so i hid under the ramp on the left (left from where you enter the final room). Nightfall won't let you go to obit, but you can go to the dashboard and quit destiny, and then rejoin the game. I stayed in the game while my friends (defender titan and bladedancer hunter) kept leaving and rejoining.

They whittled the boss down enough, to where he finally came over to my side of the room. There is a tiny slit down the middle of the ramp that i was under, and I was able to snipe him in the head with a solar sniper through the slit. He just stood there the whole time i was sniping. I ended up having to use 2 ammo regen packs. While waiting for the packs to cool down, i would shoot at him with my scout rifle.
AggieChemE09
AG
I was invited to a VoG raid last night as a fill in for a friend of theirs. It was actually alot of fun and they knew exactly how to beat each stage of the raid efficiently. I got a legendary void sniper rifle (now I have a legendary or better sniper of each element) and a solar scout rifle(A primary with solar damage!!!). Still have to do nightfall this week but so far it has been a good week!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Saxsoon
AggieChemE09
Thunder18
Aggie_3
Aggie21251 on PS4
cr0wbar
AG
psn: crow_bar08

Played with Wheatables02 the other night- dude stole my Purple chest armor
TheEyeGuy
AG
eyeguytex on ps4. On tonight!
Wheatables02
AG
ha, I've run two more queens missions since then and gotten chest pieces both times. they were slightly better each time but it would be nice for some variety.
Bryan98
AG
Do you already have the head and chest from the Queen's Wrath stuff? I'm trying to subtly convince my friend that once you have those, the QW missions are the most worthless activity in the game. Yes, there is apparently a small chance you'll get a Legendary Sniper Rifle that you'll use the 10% of the time or whatever that you use special weapons. You won't get the special coins you'd get from Heroic Weeklies, the Ascendant Materials you'd get from Heroic Dailies, won't get the awesome drops people are seeing from Nightfall and VoG.

You won't even get the useful rep you'd get from Patrols, Bounties, and Crucible, because QW missions only ever give Queen's rep, even if you wear a faction item. You won't get the marks you'd get from Public Events or Strikes.

If I'm going to spend any of my increasingly shrinking personal time playing Destiny, I'm going to do something that will lead to me getting the gear and materials I need to get to level 28, or at least give me the chance that that gear will drop. I'm definitely not running any Queen's Wrath missions now that I got the head and chest (which I got the first night).

TLDR Don't waste time on QW missions after you get the head and chest armor.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
I got the special edition, loved the demo, I reached 21.

All in all. . . I do not like this game and will more than likely let it collect dust. Will not preorder/buy the sequel unless the reviews are significantly better than this games was. November has so more, and better games coming out.
dcaggie04
AG
Finally got an exotic bounty.
cr0wbar
AG
What a gut punch. First legendary engram I get from a crucible match- just to decode it and get a Titan Chest piece (I'm a Hunter). Stored in my locker for the Titan I haven't created yet...
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
What a gut punch. First legendary engram I get from a crucible match- just to decode it and get a Titan Chest piece (I'm a Hunter). Stored in my locker for the Titan I haven't created yet...
I got a purple engram last night that decoded to an Exotic Chestpiece...for a titan. I'm a warlock.
Krussian09
AG
Xur is still selling the same damn Warlock gear he sold the past few weeks. Didnt have enough coins for the auto rifle last week and now there is nothing to buy this week
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
quote:
I got a purple engram last night that decoded to an Exotic Chestpiece...for a titan. I'm a warlock.
oh dear. I am so sorry. T&P
Aggie_3
Had the same thing happen to me im a hunter and my titan is only level 11
AggieChemE09
AG
When I get off work today I will be running my buddy through the Nightfall and Weekly Heroic(28). I was able to solo it yesterday, so if anyone on XB1 wants to be our third lemme know.
Saxsoon
AG
Anyone on PS4 want to give the lvl 28 weekly strike and Nightfall strike a shot tonight?
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
When I get off work today I will be running my buddy through the Nightfall and Weekly Heroic(28). I was able to solo it yesterday, so if anyone on XB1 wants to be our third lemme know.

If I'm on, I'd be happy to. Only a 25 but if you want a warm body invite me. MightyMidget04.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.