*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,531 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New strikes and story will be added, and most people are assuming that a raid may be included in at least one of the dlc.
Krussian09
AG
For Kampfers:

Jatt Ag - 27 Warlock (Sunsinger)

I'm good to play most nights anytime after 9. Hit me up if I'm on. I also have a 26 Hunter friend that would be up for VoG.
Xiuh
I am at level 25 bladedancer maxed, maxing gunslinger while farming. Xiuhcoatyl
jr15aggie
AG
Some of you guys need to get laid [/haters]
Saxsoon
AG
wee_ag
AG
Apparently there's a big secret area near the black gate...

http://www.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Cheats_and_Secrets
Kampfers
AG
quote:
The next time we do that we need dedicated fireteams. There are 3 control zones in that opening sequence which means we need 2 people at each. Preferably one support class at each zone (defender titan or sunsinger warlock).

Going ahead and looking forward to that, lets look at levels and classes so we can fit together a team.

Kampfers - Level 27 - Hunter (Bladedancer)
JattAg - Level 27 - Warlock (Sunsinger)
Donde - Level 26 - Titan (Defender)
Space Cactus - Level 26 - Warlock (???)

Jatt's Friend - Level 26 - Hunter

Phelan - Level 26? - Titan (Defender)
Mike - Level 25? -

The Afterl1fe - Level 25 - Warlock (Voidwalker)
CRM - Level 25 -
Wee - Level 24 - Warlock (Sunsinger)
Midget - Level 24 -

I'm doing this by memory so help me fill in as necessary.
VoG reference list to the next page

Xiuh - PS4 or XB1?
Xiuh
Xbox one
howdydamnit04
AG
Midget -24 Titan. Almost 25! Farmed Skywatch and got a purple scout rifle and boots. Just need to level up the boots and I should make it to 25
jr15aggie
AG
I made it past level 20! PROMOTED!!!!
SF2004
AG
I am so far behind the PS4 group. I keep reading about all the meticulous **** that you have to farm and get nothing most of the time. Reminds me of D3 vanilla.

I will get to 20+ eventually. I just hope the fellow PS4 guys will still be playing. I played about a hour with Saxoon last Sunday morning and just having him changed the game experience.

As many have said, even at my low level the gunplay and feel of the game is great. Bungie might need to tweak (or even overhaul) how the loot and content works.

I will probably never get to do the raid.

They also need to stop trying to deny that it is an MMO. 10+ hour organized raids only exist in MMOs.
HossAg
AG
I have no idea how you guys are already at level 27 and stuff. I'm watching pro gamers take longer than y'all. Of course, Destiny isn't a competitive supported game, so they don't play it as much as they play cod and focus on YouTube and livestreams.
kill0509
AG
It definitely helps to have a group of guys to jump in to a fireteam with and play for a couple of hours. Crud, I have 4 legendary weapons/armor pieces already and am working towards an exotic bounty for the hand cannon. Only had one late night actually playing because I was trying to finish up the crucible part of an exotic bounty. Just playing a little bit each day has gotten me to lvl 26 and we were still getting smoked running the strike for the hand cannon. Makes me want to keep grinding so I can get that hand cannon finally.
AggieChemE09
AG
Until yesterday I had not seen any legendary engrams, and last night I got 5 of them!!! Then the cryptoguy turned them into a mote of light, 2 blues, and 2 greens........

Oh well, up to like 14 Strange coins and 15 Motes of Light now, so come Friday i'll be rocking.
Saxsoon
AG
The initial rush has died down but I am still coming back for 2 or so hours everyday. Tonight I am freer than usual so I am going to run the strike Playlist and dailies to get my Vanguard score up. May run some of the witch's wrath bounties as well.
Thunder18
AG
Im 0-6 on purple engrams actually giving me purple stuff...its super frustrating
jeffk
AG
quote:

Ha!

Just about to hit level 10 and finished the Sword of Croata episode yesterday. Fun stuff, but I'm so far behind everyone it feels like I'm playing this whole game solo.
jr15aggie
AG
When I got to 21 last night I was like, "alright, finally, now I'm part of the club... I wonder how many guys in the tower will be looking at me like I'm one of the elite" **** looks around tower and sees nothing but 26 & 27 level guys... looks closer and sees a level 29 guy**** "Son Of A !!!!!!!!!!"
Saxsoon
AG
I feel the same way and I am lvl 25. Just one more defense upgrade though and should be 26.
jr15aggie
AG
What's interesting is the tricks you figure out along the way. For example, I only recently figured out that turning in bounties leveled up your gear really fast... so when visiting the tower, always get your new engrams decoded first and equip any new/old weapons & armor that needs to be leveled up... turn in all your bounties and bang, instant item level up!

It also helps to be a complete loser that enjoys hanging out with randoms shooting a cave for hours on end... what I can't figure out is why I sorta enjoy shooting at the cave? I also learned this is easy money for gearing up weapons/armor as well as completing certain bounties. And of course, the usual "Here's more engrams Cryptarch, will you please level up faster... look here's some nice shiney blue engrams... oh great, you turned them green, fan-frickin-tastic!!!!!"
benMath08
AG
quote:
what I can't figure out is why I sorta enjoy shooting at the cave?
The cave distills the slot-machine mechanic of these types of games to its purest form.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:

Ha!

Just about to hit level 10 and finished the Sword of Croata episode yesterday. Fun stuff, but I'm so far behind everyone it feels like I'm playing this whole game solo.

I'm working on a secondary from time to time so if you see me on this week or next shoot me an invite. I just got to the moon with it.

My time is getting divided now since FIFA 15 dropped today and I'm no longer limited to my 6 hour trial. Things will get even crazier next week when Forza Horizon 2 drops. I'll still be tuning in for special events, weekly strikes, and the VoG, but I certainly won't be grinding to the extent I am today.

Speaking of special events, The Queen's Wrath opened today. Supposedly if you do one of her bounties, you get a special quest (lvl 24) that the completion of will give you a piece of legendary armor. It's supposedly not as good as the raid gear you get from the VoG but that obviously is harder to attain.
Saxsoon
AG
All I need is legendary gear to even attempt VoG so I am all over that. Hopefully some legendary weapons drop as well.
Saxsoon
AG
Though 20 headshots with a hand cannon and 20 headshots with a scout rifle in Crucible will be brutal because of how it is currently balanced.
Raggy09
AG
quote:
Im 0-6 on purple engrams actually giving me purple stuff...its super frustrating

I'm not sure what my total found is, but I've gotten a legendary chest piece for a titan (with my warlock), legendary legs, legendary bond, and one exotic (!) special fusion rifle. Of course I've gotten SEVERAL legendary engrams that turn out to be uncommon boots, so...
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure what my total found is, but I've gotten a legendary chest piece for a titan (with my warlock), legendary legs, legendary bond, and one exotic (!) special fusion rifle. Of course I've gotten SEVERAL legendary engrams that turn out to be uncommon boots, so...

Yea...pretty sure I mentioned this earlier but my buddy got an exotic chest armor from his FIRST purple engram. He is a dicknose
Raggy09
AG
Mine was lvl 15 green gauntlets. I think everyone remembers their first time, whether it be from the sheer disappointment or the immense joy in what you discovered.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Mine was lvl 15 green gauntlets. I think everyone remembers their first time, whether it be from the sheer disappointment or the immense joy in what you discovered.
Yeah, mine was a legendary item. It was a warlock banner for Dead Orbit. Only problem is, my character is a titan.
Thunder18
AG
I wish we could blast the cryptarch right off the edge of the tower
Raggy09
AG
eh, we'd all be *****in about everything not being rare enough if everyone was walking around with all legendary gear already. It happened in the first Borderlands that everyone had dark orange weapons, so they had to add pearlescents in the DLC to give a further incentive to farming. In BL2 Orange gear was a LOT more rare, and you had to know who/where to farm. I like the rarity, but yeah it is misleading, and I think that's what has set people off.
jr15aggie
AG
Question: When you are farming with other people (let's just go ahead and assume it's a cave on Earth, shall we), do you only get engram drops from enemies you kill? Or will you see drops from other people's kills? Will everybody see the same engram drops or is it completely player specific?
Raggy09
AG
It's w/e in your area, like with the loot cave, you can honestly just sit and let everyone kill everything for you, and you'll still get engram drops. I spawned into the mars strike and hadn't killed a thing and picked up a legendary engram. It has a limit though, like you can't wander away from everyone killing things to do your own and expect them to find randoms from their work later. I don't know what the parameters are, but it's something like that.
Saxsoon
AG
So we now have a somewhat decent way to farm ascendant shards.

Because of the queen's wrath, everytime you complete a bounty, you are give a lvl 24 story mission with different modifiers attached. Once complete, you are given a guaranteed Legendary Chestpiece or Helmet. Once you have what you need ( I only need a helmet ) you can scrap the rest and get 2-3 shards per pop.
Raggy09
AG
Thank God. I've been carrying around legendary gauntlets that are at max level but I haven't been able to max out the perks due to ascendent shard rarity.
jr15aggie
AG
The thought of scrapping Legendary gear!!! It wasn't but a few days ago I cleaned out my vault of all the "green" stuff I was keeping because I thought, "this might be useful in the crucible or if I make another character".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.