*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,532 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dangers of an mmo sadly
benMath08
AG
quote:
Dangers of an mmo sadly
Guild Wars already solved the level gap problem, I'm pretty sure that's not the only game to do it either. Oh well.
Krussian09
AG
It's good that it takes a relatively short time to reach max level.

Also GT = Jatt Ag
OldArmy07
AG
Just an FYI - I was playing as a lvl 10 with a lvl 2-5 friend the other day with him as the host. Even if you're 10 levels above the bad guys, it looks like they cap the damage that you do at 2-3 levels above what the bad guys are. It wasn't as much of a challenge, but it was hard enough that I still had fun playing low levels again.

I ran the lvl 8 Earth strike with CRM last night as lvl 12-13 and it was pretty easy, but fun. Loot was leveled to lvl 12 to match our levels.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, I know most of us don't mind playing levels again with our buds, but I was worried that it would ruin the challenge and my ability to kill guys (level up) if my higher ranked friend was going around killing Knights with his pinky toe. If they level cap damage as you say, that's at least a very good thing.

I hope to be on later tonight (maybe 10 ish) wanting to finish up Earth stuff. I'm level 9 or 10 I believe and spent time on the moon, I just need to go finish things down there. Still lots of areas to explore on Earth too... all those caves n stuff with the ? level bad guys.
slickag2007
AG
I haven't gotten around to doing any of the Strikes yet. I just nabbed a level 9 scout rifle that looks pretty awesome. But I'm not quite at level 9 yet. So I gotta grind a little more either tonight after work or tomorrow morning.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Yeah, I know most of us don't mind playing levels again with our buds, but I was worried that it would ruin the challenge and my ability to kill guys (level up) if my higher ranked friend was going around killing Knights with his pinky toe. If they level cap damage as you say, that's at least a very good thing.

I hope to be on later tonight (maybe 10 ish) wanting to finish up Earth stuff. I'm level 9 or 10 I believe and spent time on the moon, I just need to go finish things down there. Still lots of areas to explore on Earth too... all those caves n stuff with the ? level bad guys.
Yeah, they were still ?? level in the bunker when I checked last night at level 12. I think the ones in the Grotto are level 20, and if you remember the Hallowed Knights in the subway, there wasn't anything around them (although I suppose something might have opened up in the full game, might be worth a check). There was a chest in the sasquatch cave, but it was just normal low level loot and some glimmer.

Once I get to level 20 I'll definitely be trying to clear out the bunker and the grotto though.

I also nabbed a Blue (purple > blue > green > no color) scout rifle (the Naraka SR5 - 138 attack w/no upgrades) last night that does pretty sick amounts of damage, and I haven't been able to upgrade it at all yet. I've was 3 hitting Knights (if you get all headshots) with it when I ran the Earth strike last night.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Strikes are really fun to me. I have done a few level 18 and level 20s. I am tempted to try and do a level 22 even though I probably don't have the gear to succeed.
jr15aggie
AG
I've probably put 6 hours into the game so far (12+ if you consider the Beta) and I'm still such a noob at the game it's not even funny. Part of the problem was that Kampfers was the strike team leader the entire time that first night so I didn't get a chance to choose locations or see what was out there... he did all the navigating and I just showed up and killed stuff... and I was oh so good at killing!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Kampfers --- on what system are you playing?
tate504
AG
I'm not to the point of picking one, but I just found out there were factions. Does anyone know what this affects? Can I be in all or do I pick one? What are the consequences of me picking a faction ?
TexasAggie_02
AG
factions don't affect your story. Each faction leader has gear for sale. You earn credits for each faction by wearing their colors/emblem in the crucible. You can switch out between the factions as much as you want.
jeffk
AG
I still need to finish up some stuff in Mother Russia, so hit me up tonight, jr.
agfan2013
AG
And crap, just caved in and bought this.
Tex117
AG
Gawd, I am so bad at PvP its just staggering.

I feel like I shoot an enemy player 5 times, and then I get one or two shot killed.

Anybody have any tips?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Gawd, I am so bad at PvP its just staggering.

I feel like I shoot an enemy player 5 times, and then I get one or two shot killed.

Anybody have any tips?
Tex -- I am pretty bad. I am slowly getting better. Basically, I get an assist and then die in most fights.
Saxsoon
AG
Control is a little more forgiving since you get more points for other action items and you tend to find groups clustered around for supers/heavies/grenades
Tex117
AG
Ph.D.Aggies and Marsuvees,
What normal weapon do you use? Heavy Weapon? Special weapon?

Am I doing something wrong in the aiming? I aim like I normally do in the PvE.

I have never placed higher than dead last. And I mean wow dead last.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I use a hand cannon (granted -- mine is a very high level attack one) or an auto rifle as my primary. With a hand cannon you have to take time to aim and get the headshots. My secondary is map dependent. In open maps, sniper --- in closed maps, shotgun.
Saxsoon
AG
levels of weapon don't mean anything in Crucible. Every gun is baselined to be the same attack. Only Iron Banner is when level of your gear comes into account.

I am not very good to be honest either, in fact my K/D has been negative the past couple of matches. But I just unlocked a solid Auto Rifle to use that has been tearing up PVE. Curious to try it tonight in crucible. I use a fusion rifle as my secondary which is hit right is a one hit kill, but the load up can be a nightmare, especially if you miss. Might give a run with a shotgun and see how that goes.
wee_ag
AG
I have yet to jump into the Crucible... I'm skeered.
howdydamnit04
AG
I am missing something. I've only once had a fireteam of randoms and never a clan fireteam. Is there a way to make it so people can team up easier?
TexAg2016
AG
Psn: aTm-Fragment
Ranger222
AG
pretty good intro video on how to improve your game for crucible

Kampfers
AG
quote:
Kampfers --- on what system are you playing?

XB1, so we can't team up. Sorry.
Kampfers
AG
I think I figured out my issues partying up. My xb1 isn't sending me notifications when I get an invite.
Tex117
AG
Ranger 222: There we go! Those are some pointers. Thanks!
zgood10
AG
Anybody fight Vurok the Eir Spawn guy? Any tips? On the Moon level
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Just did the Moon strike and holy BALLS that was tough.

When the boss had a sliver of health left I was the last man standing. I SOMEHOW was able to revive them both in the midst of the chaos and took him down shortly after. Need to save and upload that video clip soon to show how freaking close it was.
zgood10
avidhunter
PSN: TheStigMG84
Say Chowdah
AG
Random questions:

1: I'm still in Russia and I've completed 4 missions so far (solo campaign) - wife, kids, job keeping me down. After I've finished them, two of them still show as available missions while two show as territory owned by the city.

Did I miss something?

2: This game is a little confusing. There was no training session at the beginning to explain what the plot is or what I am supposed to do. Did it use my history of playing games to assume that I didn't need a training session?
Saxsoon
AG
Level 20 last night
Krussian09
AG
quote:
Level 20 last night
Same here. Got my first legendary piece... but it was for a Hunter. I'm a Warlock.
Saxsoon
AG
No legendary yet but I think I am going to start grinding for dead orbit gear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.