NCAA Online Dynasty (PS3)

91,837 Views | 2458 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SpringsAg
SpringsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure, that's fine with me. That only resets the coach levels, right? Meaning I won't lost recruits?
SoTXAg09
AG
Right. The same thing we just did, but hopefully coming in at a level 20.

C-2, I'm not opposed to being in another dynasty. I just don't want to junk this one.
phillyag92
AG
I'm not opposed to being in another dynasty either.
FormerLefty
AG
I'm fine with resetting the coach levels because I never earned coach XP with the original Dynasty.

I'd also be interested in joining another OD as long as we aren't all in the same conference. User game scheduling seems to be my biggest challenge.
SoTXAg09
AG
We've advanced. Bad news, there's no resetting the skill level.
C-2ag99
AG
I think I'm gonna ditch this one because I don't want to start over coach XP. Sucks. I'm all for starting a new one where we aren't in the same conference, though. I'd like to take on the challenge of building a small school.
C-2ag99
AG
If y'all like the idea of small schools / different conferences, let me know and I don't mind being commish. Let me know andif we do I'll start a new thread so we don't bog down this one.
phillyag92
AG
C-2 : I'm in.
SoTXAg09
AG
I'm in as well. I would like to continue this one, or at least try to if y'all want to give it a shot.
FormerLefty
AG
C-2, I'm in. PSN is FormerLefty.
SpringsAg
AG
I'll do what the cool kids are doing, and join the new one as well. Perhaps just scratch this PAC one if there's only a few people in it?

PSN:msowrex
phillyag92
AG
PSN: cacdaddy
C-2ag99
AG
Well cool. That's 5 of us in. Throw your 2 cents in as what the format should be. I'm thinking start as an OC at a 1 star school in a non bcs conference. Then in a couple seasons start singing started from the bottom now we here. Or create our own schools and import? Other ideas?
SpringsAg
AG
I like the idea of starting as an OC and then advancing our coaching careers accordingly (maybe some of us might end up in big boy conferences as a HC competing against each other). However, I would like the advancing to move faster because that sounds like it would take awhile.

I don't know much about creating our own teams - what goes along with that?
C-2ag99
AG
1/2 star programs? Or everybody start at 1 star?
SoTXAg09
AG
So what's the plan? Let's start SOMETHING...
SpringsAg
AG
Agree let's get this ball rolling!
phillyag92
AG
I say we pick one star teams and go. I have no interest in creating a team.
FormerLefty
AG
I'm fine with anything as long as we aren't all in the same conference.
C-2ag99
AG
I just got on to start the league and then realized I can't because I'm already commish of another league. Limit is one unless you pay for an upgrade. Would somebody else mind being commish?

Here's what I recommend if it's cool with everybody else. 1 star teams only. 1 user per conference. Heisman level. Start as Offensive Coordinator and work your way up the ranks. Up for a challenge!
C-2ag99
AG
PSN: jbe99ag
SpringsAg
AG
I like that criteria. I would be able to make the OD and act as commish (although I've never done it). Could probably look into it tonight / tomorrow.
SoTXAg09
AG
If y'all want to ditch the current one, I don't mind running the next one.

Are there rules for career advancement? I ask because I did an offline dynasty as the OC of a sun belt school and was offered the OC job at Bama after only one year.
C-2ag99
AG
Yeah, I couldn't decide about what rules we should have for career advancement. Any ideas?
SoTXAg09
AG
It's just so easy to get to the top... I was OC for 2 years, took the head coaching gig at Kentucky and now am undefeated halfway through the first season.

I would lean towards head coach of a 1 star school, no advancements, but conference realignment is allowed.
SpringsAg
AG
So we all start as a HC at a 1 star school, but no career / school changes? Only changes would be upgrading to better conferences?
SpringsAg
AG
And SoTxAg I'll let you commish this one. Helluva job the first go around
gig them
AG
I'm curious - what keeps going wrong? I haven't been around since the first iteration went kaput, but I'm in another OD that's approaching year 4 and it's amazing. You really see the value of these things when everyone has a team of their own recruits.

If at all possible y'all should try to forge ahead b/c the payoff is worth it
SoTXAg09
AG
gig them, the file was corrupted. Literally half the teams had played the week and then boom! We could no longer access or advance the dynasty. We were able to reload the dynasty, but Starting level was set to 1 ( and apparently unchangeable) so everybody didn't want restart leveling their coach. I voted to forge ahead, but was overruled.
C-2ag99
AG
I'm fine with starting as HC with the added rule that we can't switch jobs. It would be fun to stick around long enough to have a roster full of your own recruits. The only downside could be once you upgrade the talent on your roster and are stuck with playing in a crappy conference. I've never stuck with a small school long enough for conference realignment to happen. Do you really get conference invites in this game? Or do you have to change them manually?

[This message has been edited by C-2ag99 (edited 2/7/2014 11:32a).]
SpringsAg
AG
Same for me C2, I've always moved on up to a big boy school if I started at a 1 star. I imagine we would play in the bad conferences until everyone was ready then we'd all upgrade at once to an AQ conference, or something.
SoTXAg09
AG
They have to be changed manually, but it's pretty easy. It wouldn't be too difficult to start sun belt, move to mountain west and then move to AQ , just as an example.
SpringsAg
AG
What would be the moving up criteria? All at once? When certain #of prestige stars achieved? After a certain #of seasons?
SoTXAg09
AG
I don't think it needs to be set in stone... 2 years or so, probably.
SpringsAg
AG
Sweet. I'm up for whatever. Let's do this dance

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.