A&M Steam Tunnels

49,346 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by StringerBell
AGGies0311
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been to the best bathroom on campus...... third floor Men's bathroom.
bmc13
eric76
AG
92Ag95 said:

I lived down there rent free the whole time I was at A&M. Took my shower every week at G. Rollie.
I used to know one grad student who live in his car in the parking lot where the Rec Center is now. In the mornings, he'd stop by De Ware Fieldhouse to take a shower. On nice summer nights, he had a different place to sleep -- on the roof of the physics building across the street from the trigon. (I think it is now psychology or something.)
Rule Number 32
AG
OasisMan said:

OasisMan said:

top of msc

there are / were stairs outside back by the fountain closer to Rumors, weren't blocked of at all, so figured no harm no foul
ahhh

I see I wrote this in 2012...
Hahahaha, the night we camped out for cotton bowl tickets, only to watch our Ags get completely destroyed by Tennessee. Fun times.
OasisMan
AG
it was worth the experience
GretaVanZep
Freshman, class of 26' here. Still keeping this thread alive.

My "friend" is definitely hoping to find some cool spots at Cstat.

Do you know any cool hidden gems?

And out of curiosity, were there any Secret Societies you know of during your time at A&M?
Naveronski
AG
So many issues with this.

And almost none of your (single, with no history) post will be answered seriously.
Pinochet
Not this time fed.
satexas
AG
Went into the tunnels via a steam grate near Evans back around 1992. Did it with a buddy, we were down there and literally explored every inch, wanted to see if the rumor was true that they extended almost all the way to McDonald's on SWParkway in front of (what was then) Kroger...

After like 5 hours down there, we triggered some type of alarm and the campus cops swarmed various entrances and looked for us, eventually finding and arresting us. My buddy had some weed in his back pocket (dumbass) and really got the book thrown at him. I had to face a charge of criminal trespassing for which I went to court and ended up getting probation and a ton of community service for which I ended up cleaning the church next to A&M Consolidated for what felt like forever.

After I did 'my time', my record was expunged. Tested via getting a DoD job about 5 years later requiring a secret security clearance and background check - which I thankfully passed (albeit sweating my ass off on it forever)
lb3
AG
I remember hearing about your exploits.
KRamp90
AG
I may know of someone who popped out of a manhole cover in front of Sbisa in the early morning hours...
nai06
AG
At one point you could view all the original blueprints and schematics for the steam tunnels in Cushing library. Might want to start there
eric76
AG
GretaVanZep said:

And out of curiosity, were there any Secret Societies you know of during your time at A&M?
There was the BCC (Building Climber's Club) in the mid 1970s. It's purpose was to climb onto the roof of various campus buildings and explore the steam tunnels.

It wasn't so much secret as just that it wasn't publicized.
eric76
AG
If I hadn't already mentioned it earlier, there was something pretty cool at A&M in the 1970s that hardly anyone knew of.

At one point they had widened the second deck on the alumni side of Kyle Field by building a new second deck above the old second deck. You could find your way into the old second deck climbing around on the alumni side and there was little sign other than a couple of old beer cans that anyone had been there in a very long time.
The Fife
GretaVanZep said:

Hobbes. There were ninja nights at Sbisa, parties, and throwing the #1 poster in Rudder Fountain. Pictures may or may not still exist, years after being originally saved onto a beige G3 PowerMac and Windows 98 box.

Can't say more about it because at this point I've already said too much.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Not the tunnels, but I did make it up on the roof of the old Kyle Field press box.

We did rush interviews in the press box each fall. Somewhere along the way, someone realized that the key to unlock the chain locks for the security fence around the stadium was the same one that was used to access the elevators. Someone in the organization made a duplicate key at some point and the rest was history.

Definitely a cool experience.
bigtruckguy3500
2 buddies and I went in near the horticulture green houses and spent about 15 minutes walking around and ended up under what we think was Heldenfels or the adjacent biological sciences building. It was a giant room, stairs leading up, lots of broken stones and concrete, some grafity, and in the corner was a motion detector that we happend to look up at just as it turned red. We booked it out of there as fast as we could. Pretty sure a couple cadets got arrested not long after that.

It was a cool experience, but in retrospect I'm sure it would've been a better idea to find something cooler to do, with less chance of us getting arrested. But, you do dumb stuff when you're young. We just happened to luck out.
black_ice
TheEyeGuy said:

Gotten to go up on top of the pressbox at kyle. That was freaking awesome.

Same in 2003
black_ice
We got us a fed right here boys
AggieBarstool
GretaVanZep said:

Hidden gem: It's called "College Station" not "Cstat."

Hope this helps.
eric76
AG
AggieBarstool said:

GretaVanZep said:

Hidden gem: It's called "College Station" not "Cstat."

Hope this helps.
I thought that maybe the post was done from a cell phone and the autoincorrect function took its toll. It never would have crossed my mind that anyone would call College Station by the name "Cstat".
MIAGD
AG
Knew a guy who had a map back in '03. Also had a friend that worked on campus and had several master keys to different buildings. Summer school was fun on those late nights. Saw some our art work from the Corps video.
StringerBell
AG
Watched the july 4th fireworks back in 2001 from the top of the msc

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.