AT&T partial upgrade eligibility?

15,802 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by mts6175
tmanAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does AT&T offer partially discounted phone upgrades? My wife has an iPhone 4 and wants to get the 4S. Obviously she hasn't had the 4 for two years so a fully discounted upgrade isn't an option, but do they offer partial discounts with a contract extension?
AgDrumma07
AG
Not usually, but you can call and ask.
TravelAg2004
AG
If it's been at least a year, they will usually let you upgrade assuming you sign a new 2 yr contract at that point.

That's what I did when I upgraded from the 3G to the 3GS a few years ago.
khkman22
AG
Yes they do, but I don't know when the early upgrade is allowed. I'm thinking around 12-14 months, maybe 16. Normal upgrade for me has been about every 20 months, not 24. The price on the early upgrades is usually $200 more than the full subsidized, so $399, $499 and $599 for the iPhone instead of $199, $299 and $399.
flipper
They will let you do it early but I'm not sure when. When you log into your account and go to upgrade it will tell you the earliest date you will be eligible for discounted upgrades.
flipper
I bought my iPhone 4 on 2/26/2011 and it says I'm eligible for a discount on 7/26/2012.
agdoc2001
AG
They do, but it's an extra $250 over the regular upgrade fee and you have to sign a new committment. Go yto AT&T website, put in your mobile number, and they will text you the cost to upgrade.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Smash Williams
AG
Right now on AT&T the partial upgrade cost is $449, $549, and $649.
bexar
I'm pretty sure the early upgrade some are thinking of is for a family plan/bundle w/e. The main account holder gets upgrades every year while the secondary users have to wait 2 years
tmanAg08
AG
Thanks, confirmed that it is $250 extra.
flipper
I don't have a family plan.
mts6175
AG
Go to a store. Sometimes they will upgrade and just have you renew your contract again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.