draft strats!

964 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agAngeldad
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
post your draft strat questions here

i'll start with this:

How early is too early to draft Kelce? Based on most rankings I've seen, I assume he'll typically go at around 10-12 (bottom of round 1 for those who draft early in round 2 in 12 team leagues or beg of round 2 for those who drafted late in round 1 in 10-team leagues). ...is 8-9 too early to take him? If someone takes Kelce at 8, then odds are they are leaving a D'Andre Swift or Ja'Marr Chase or maybe a Kupp out there.

KatyAggie01
Non PPR league...who do you take with picks 3-5 assuming Taylor and Henry go 1-2. Do you take CMC at 3 or do you go Kupp? What about 4. Do you take Cook or Kupp/Jefferson? Just curious.
Enviroag02
AG
Not many rankings have Henry at 2. Most have Taylor, CMC, Ekeler, Cook, Henry with Kupp and Jefferson mixed in there.
oh no
AG
for standard, the most consistent rankings show Taylor and CMC as 1-2, Henry, Cook, Ekeler, Mixon, Najee as 3-7.

I think Kupp is more like a 10th pick in standard and 6-7-8 in PPR.
ac04
the top 4 in PPR should be some combination of taylor, CMC, jefferson, kupp. non-PPR i think you could make a case for henry or ekeler to replace one or both WRs, but i probably wouldn't.
oh no
AG
how about my OP? How early do you take Kelce in PPR?
boy09
AG
ac04 said:

the top 4 in PPR should be some combination of taylor, CMC, jefferson, kupp. non-PPR i think you could make a case for henry or ekeler to replace one or both WRs, but i probably wouldn't.
Yeah, there are about 6 or 7 guys you could make a strong case for in the #2 spot. Hell, i wouldn't even be surprised if some of those guys went #1. There is definitely nothing even close to a consensus for picks 2-7, at least not that i've seen.
ac04
i am not a huge fan of taking a TE that early, i never like the way my roster turns out. plus i think andrews and pitts have similar upside at a lot more reasonable cost.
oh no
AG
agreed generally, but I don't think i'm going to love taking Swift or Kupp at #8, yet at the same time, it might feel like a reach taking Kelce at #8..

in a 10 team PPR, drafting 8th and 13th, so maybe Stefon Diggs or Davante Adams could still be around at 13 based on some ppr rankings.
Zachary Klement
AG
Reggiesankles said:

Non PPR league...who do you take with picks 3-5 assuming Taylor and Henry go 1-2. Do you take CMC at 3 or do you go Kupp? What about 4. Do you take Cook or Kupp/Jefferson? Just curious.
I'd take the best available of CMC, JT, JJ, Jamarr, and Kupp. I pick 5th overall tonight and am praying I can land Justin Jefferson.
agAngeldad
Take your QB by 4 round and hopefully get a top 5. I have resisted this in the past few years and it ended up costing me points/playoffs in a 14/half ppr league. 1000 Points between 1 and 10. That could be 10 per game.
MSFC Aggie
AG
agAngeldad said:

Take your QB by 4 round and hopefully get a top 5. I have resisted this in the past few years and it ended up costing me points/playoffs in a 14/half ppr league. 1000 Points between 1 and 10. That could be 10 per game.
Top 5? Where were Brady and Stafford being picked last year?
oh no
AG
fantasypros PPR rankings as-of today - should pretty much cover your league's first two rounds if PPR:

1 Christian McCaffrey (CAR) RB1
2 Jonathan Taylor (IND) RB2
3 Austin Ekeler (LAC) RB3
4 Dalvin Cook (MIN) RB4
5 Justin Jefferson (MIN) WR1
6 Cooper Kupp (LAR) WR2
7 Najee Harris (PIT) RB5
8 Derrick Henry (TEN) RB6
9 Travis Kelce (KC) TE1
10 D'Andre Swift (DET) RB7
11 Ja'Marr Chase (CIN) WR3
12 Joe Mixon (CIN) RB8
13 Stefon Diggs (BUF) WR4
14 Davante Adams (LV) WR5
15 Alvin Kamara (NO) RB9
16 Saquon Barkley (NYG) RB10
17 Aaron Jones (GB) RB11
18 CeeDee Lamb (DAL) WR6
19 Leonard Fournette (TB) RB12
20 Mark Andrews (BAL) TE2
21 Tyreek Hill (MIA) WR7
22 Mike Evans (TB) WR8
23 Javonte Williams (DEN) RB13
24 Keenan Allen (LAC) WR9

In my more competitive 10 team league, I'm drafting 8th and 13th. Assuming the first round goes roughly according to rankings, I'm looking at Najee or Henry first at #8 overall, but if they're both taken before 8, I'm probably looking at Kupp, hence my question earlier about taking Kelce too early..

At #13, in the chance both are available, Am I crazy if I think i favor the Carr-Adams roommate connection over Diggs?

..I also feel like Chubb at #27 and Deebo at #26 should be closer to 18-19 range..
agAngeldad
MSFC Aggie said:

agAngeldad said:

Top 5? Where were Brady and Stafford being picked last year?
That is where it is hard to compare results. Every league has members that draft QB in round 1. Brady went in rd 8 in 2 of my leagues and Stafford went ahead of him slightly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.