ATG Houston NFL teams.

933 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LincolnBorglum79
Kellso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Houston football fans. Im in a debate with a few other people and I wanted your input.
What are the top 5 Houston Oiler/Texan teams of all time and why?

boy09
AG
The best Texans team has got to be 2012. 9 Pro Bowlers, Andre Johnson #2 in receiving yards, Arian Foster #1 is rushing TDs and total TDs, peak Schaub. Started 11-1 before losing steam toward the end of the season and losing to the Pats in the divisional round. Still by far the best team the Texans have put on the field in their 20 year history.

Oilers were a little before my time.
Kellso
boy09 said:

The best Texans team has got to be 2012. 9 Pro Bowlers, Andre Johnson #2 in receiving yards, Arian Foster #1 is rushing TDs and total TDs, peak Schaub. Started 11-1 before losing steam toward the end of the season and losing to the Pats in the divisional round. Still by far the best team the Texans have put on the field in their 20 year history.

Oilers were a little before my time.
The best Houston Teams I've seen.

1. 1993 Houston Oilers
2. 1991 Houston Oilers
3. 2012 Houston Texans
4. 2019 Houston Texans
5. 1988 Houston Oilers.

The Luv Ya Blue teams were before my time.

Its my assertion that the 1993 Houston Oilers were the best team that Houston ever had. They were the only team in the NFL that could have beaten the 1993 Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl.
The 93 Oilers had Peak Warren Moon and an incredible defense.

Michael Irvin is on record stating the Oilers were the only team in the league they feared.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
1961 and 1962 Houston Oilers won the American Football League Championships with guys like Georgia Blanda and a
WR named Mac Haik.

The Best Houston pro football teams not including those champions would include both the 1979 and 1980 teams which lost to the Steelers both years and probably the 1978 team which finished 10-4 but did not make the playoffs because they were third in the AFC Central behind Pittsburgh and Cleveland. The only 2 teams to beat them.

I agree on the 1993 Oilers and the 2012 Texans as the other 2 top 5 teams. Both teams were good enough to go to
The Super Bowl but Buffalo happened in 1993 and they ran out of gas in 2012.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.