Frank Gore retires... Hall of Famer?

2,909 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Iowaggie
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is going to be an interesting one to watch.

Finishes 3rd all time in rushing yards. 9 seasons of 1000+ yards over a career that saw the game shift more and more away from a featured back.

He was never a top 3 back in the league in any season other than 2006. Yet given the way the RB position has eroded over time I think he deserves it at some point.

What say you?
Smeghead4761
Frank Gore missed fewer games due to injury (15) in 16 seasons playing RB in the NFL than Caleb Chapman has in the last two seasons has playing WR for the Aggies.
Max Power
AG
The only two players to rush for more yards than Frank Gore are Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton. He's 5th in all purpose yards. The only real knock I know of is he wasn't a TD machine. He scored exactly 100 td's in his career. He was durable and dependable, a guy that showed up every day and did his job. He's one of those guys that might not make it in his first year, but his resume is enough for a gold jacket.

Doesn't matter for his HOF potential but I've read that in the history of all the players that have made it to the NFL from Miami he's in the argument for the toughest player to ever come out of that school, and he's 5'9".

The man will be in Canton.
MookieBlaylock
AG
If Troy Aikman is in Gore is in
redag06
Not even a question
KatyAggie01
Agree. Not even a question. His durability alone should get him there, then you add in his production. Easy decision.
Iowaggie
AG
I feel like since Curtis Martin is in, Frank Gore will eventually be in.
boy09
AG
It seems crazy to me that this is even a debate
Southlake
Doesn't he have like 11 billion children from different mothers?

But, yes, he deserves to be in.
boy09
AG
Frank Gore has 2 kids as far as i know..
Bunk Moreland
yeah he must be confusing him with someone else.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Rabbit hole I couldnt pass up

Travis Henry 11 kids 10 women

Aggie grad assistant Antonio Cromartie

14 kids
bdgol07
AG
He may or may not make the HOF in Football, but he apparently knocked some dude the F out in the boxing ring this weekend
Iowaggie
AG
bdgol07 said:

He may or may not make the HOF in Football, but he apparently knocked some dude the F out in the boxing ring this weekend
https://instagr.am/p/CdoCCwJJgi0
Hubert J. Farnsworth
He's obviously not worried about issues from head contact. The guy played runningback for years and decides after retiring "hey, I should get into boxing".
what say you
Bunk Moreland said:

This is going to be an interesting one to watch.

Finishes 3rd all time in rushing yards. 9 seasons of 1000+ yards over a career that saw the game shift more and more away from a featured back.

He was never a top 3 back in the league in any season other than 2006. Yet given the way the RB position has eroded over time I think he deserves it at some point.

What say you?

Glad you asked Bunkā€¦ he'll get in when he's old and senile.
Furlock Bones
AG
I'll say what I said on twitter. If Gore isn't in the HoF, no pure running back will ever get in again.
Iowaggie
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I'll say what I said on twitter. If Gore isn't in the HoF, no pure running back will ever get in again.

I think Adrian Peterson will be in HOF.
(I also think Gore will be as well).

Given the rule changes, there's going to be a ton of quarterbacks and receivers make it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.