Russell Wilson traded to Denver

4,066 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ApachePilot
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The Pilot
Broncos
Unemployed
AG
Broncos didn't get enough in return for Drew Lock.
CoachRTM
AG
As a Broncos fan, I'm glad we got a tier 1 guy.

QB purgatory sucks.
Broncos
Drew Lock
Shelby Harris
Picks

...so far.
Broncos
Seahawks Receive:

1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
5th Round Pick
Drew Lock
Shelby Harris
Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick
GCP12
AG
Noah Fant as well.

Picks: 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 1 fifth
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am a die hard 49ers fan, and the Seahawks' trade of Russell Wilson to Denver Broncos will shake the NFC West and AFC West. When Russell Wilson started 9 straight full seasons from 2012 to 2020, the Seahawks never finished worse than 9-7. But without Russell Wilson, the Seahawks will probably finish last in the NFC West for the 2nd year in a row. The defending Super Bowl champion Rams will be favored to win the NFC West again. The 49ers and Cardinals will probably be competing for 2 of the 3 NFC Wildcard playoff spots, but I won't be surprised if either the 49ers or Cardinals wins the NFC West in 2022.

The AFC West will become more competitive with quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Russell Wilson, and Derek Carr playing in the same division. The Kansas City Chiefs have won 6 straight AFC West division titles from 2016 to 2021, but that streak might end in 2022.
Marvin
AG
GCP12 said:

Noah Fant as well.

Picks: 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 1 fifth

I bet Fant went from a 10 (we got a QB!) to a 0 (I still don't have a QB!), haha.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
The Porkchop Express
Broncos said:

Seahawks Receive:

1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
2nd Round Pick
5th Round Pick
Drew Lock
Shelby Harris
Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick
Here's a picture from the press conference in Denver.

Broncos
Yea, because a franchise QB and RB are the same.
ApachePilot
AG
Well this sure ends a fun era in Hawks football. I think this trade is smart for the Hawks. Time to rebuild. Denver gets a great QB. Hawks will surely suck now. Hope they trade DK as well.
The Porkchop Express
Broncos said:

Take a joke much?
Broncos
helloimustbegoing said:

Broncos said:

Take a joke much?
This is TexAgs. Jokes are not allowed.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Greatest QB division ever?

Mahomes
Carr
Herbert
Wilson

Nasty division

Ps not a die hard 49er fan which has a terrible qb situation
IrishAg
ApachePilot said:

Well this sure ends a fun era in Hawks football. I think this trade is smart for the Hawks. Time to rebuild. Denver gets a great QB. Hawks will surely suck now. Hope they trade DK as well.
Actually, they might be going after Deshaun Watson and using the draft capital they just got to get younger at QB. If you think about it, the Seahawks sure don't care about dealing with fallout from controversial players.
IrishAg
MookieBlaylock said:

Greatest QB division ever?

Mahomes
Carr
Herbert
Wilson

Nasty division

That is insane!
ApachePilot
AG
I think the Hawks got a decent deal if they go back to their drafting skills of 2008-2012. Wilson was not a high draft pick if folks remember. Gotta hit again. Easier said then done I know. I lived through Zorn and Kreig. Hassleback was ok. But so many misses.

All that said I think Wilson was trending downward. He doesn't run and evade the rush like before. He's still great but I don't see him playing at a high level. Once teams took away his long ball the last 2 seasons he really struggled. And he seems more concerned with non football things now. It'll be fun to see how he plays at Denver. Only time will tell.
ApachePilot
AG
IrishAg said:

ApachePilot said:

Actually, they might be going after Deshaun Watson and using the draft capital they just got to get younger at QB. If you think about it, the Seahawks sure don't care about dealing with fallout from controversial players.

I wouldn't waste too much on Watson. I think the best thing is build the team up and find that rookie gem. Rookie contracts for QBs seems like the best way to win now. Once you sign huge contracts it's hard to win. Unless you mortgage your franchises future.
IrishAg
ApachePilot said:

IrishAg said:

ApachePilot said:

I wouldn't waste too much on Watson. I think the best thing is build the team up and find that rookie gem. Rookie contracts for QBs seems like the best way to win now. Once you sign huge contracts it's hard to win. Unless you mortgage your franchises future.
I agree completely with you on that, if you're going for a championship, then building the team and getting things in place to start making playoff runs while your QB is on his rookie contract is the way to go. But, the QB is the guy who brings fans into the seats. No clue how the Seahawks will handle it, but losing Wilson could cost them fan support.
IrishAg
FYI, the Seahawks digital team isn't a fan of the trade, but still on their twitter game!

ApachePilot
AG
IrishAg said:

ApachePilot said:

IrishAg said:

ApachePilot said:

I agree completely with you on that, if you're going for a championship, then building the team and getting things in place to start making playoff runs while your QB is on his rookie contract is the way to go. But, the QB is the guy who brings fans into the seats. No clue how the Seahawks will handle it, but losing Wilson could cost them fan support.

Hawks fans have traditionally been very supportive of their teams. I don't see it changing folks like me. We tend to be loyal even when we shouldn't be I'd say. I think most Hawks will see this as a genius move. Wilson was a free agent after next season. Better to get picks and reduce cap now. I am actually excited again. The hawks weren't winning crap the way they were built. Wilson has been an amazing hawk and so fun. But he only has a few more years in him. Injuries will start to mount. Sad part of getting older. How many scrambling QBs last beyond 10 years?

I'm sad to see this era pass. But all things change.
ApachePilot
AG
IrishAg said:

FYI, the Seahawks digital team isn't a fan of the trade, but still on their twitter game!

aggielax48
AG
Am I the only one that thinks the Broncos got fleeced here? Gave up a lot for a 33 year old QB with only two years left under contract.
ApachePilot
AG
aggielax48 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the Broncos got fleeced here? Gave up a lot for a 33 year old QB with only two years left under contract.

No I think when the dust settles it'll be a huge win for the Hawks.
MSFC Aggie
AG
ApachePilot said:

aggielax48 said:

No I think when the dust settles it'll be a huge win for the Hawks.
Ya....seems like a great haul for Seattle.

IrishAg
Interesting, there must have been some real people upset if they were forced to delete the tweet.
Ags #1
AG
Depends how well they draft. They recent drafts have been pretty underwhelming
The Pilot
AG
If you are giving me the option of Russ or trying to nab a QB with any of those picks Denver gave up, give me Russ.
ApachePilot
AG
Ags #1 said:

Depends how well they draft. They recent drafts have been pretty underwhelming

That is my fear. They have lost their way for years. It seemed they couldn't miss 2008-2012. Since then it's been a mixed bag at best. That Aggie O
Lineman 1st round pick hurt the most. Huge miss. Penny in round 1 was a huge let down too. Brooks out of tech and DK were pretty good hits. But too few imo
ApachePilot
AG
The Pilot said:

If you are giving me the option of Russ or trying to nab a QB with any of those picks Denver gave up, give me Russ.

I highly doubt they go for a QB. I see a total rebuild. I saw Lockett is on the trade table. Appears the Hawks are in full reset mode. No need to rush the QB pick. Build the team around the QB first. Find that gem I the later rounds. Or suck again and get a great draft pick. I'm rescind to the fact my hawks are crap for a while again. I'm used to it really. Other than 1983-1987, 2004-2006, 2012-2014 my Hawks have been pretty awful. Maybe in another 10 years we can get it right again. Thank God for Aggie Football!
The Pilot
AG
I'm coming at it from a Denver perspective, saying if Denver were to get a QB in the first or second round this year or next, I'd rather take Russ this year.
. . .
ApachePilot
AG
The Pilot said:

I'm coming at it from a Denver perspective, saying if Denver were to get a QB in the first or second round this year or next, I'd rather take Russ this year.

Denver has Wilson 2 years under this contract. If the team around him is really that good then Denver will look smart. Hope they win it all. Could be a win win for everyone. I'll cheer for the broncos. Hope the Hawks spin all these picks into a future champion.. it was obvious to anyone that really was honest the hawks were dead and needed to restart.

I am just happy I got to see the Hawks play this last 10 years at the level they did. Us hawk fans haven't had a lot of success since '76.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.