2022 NFL Mock Draft

3,239 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alright, nerds. The much anticipated 2022 NFL mock draft has arrived. I'll be entertaining myself throughout the process and likely getting most of these picks incorrect. If Mel Kiper can make a career out of making ****ty guesses, so can I!

1) Jacksonville Jaguars - EVAN NEAL, OT, Alabama
  • Jacksonville needs to protect Trevor Lawrence or they're going to fail themselves. Neal is easily the best offensive line option in this draft. He's NFL ready and will contribute on day 1.

2) Detroit Lions - AIDEN HUTCHINSON, Edge, Michigan
  • Aiden Hutchinson and Dan Campbell go together like peanut butter and jelly. Aiden Hutchinson is the best edge option in this class and he has the drive and high motor that Dan Campbell loves.

3) Houston Texans - KAYVON THIBODEAUX, Edge, Oregon
  • The Texans like their defensive lineman, especially early in the draft. I actually don't think Thibodeaux will be that great of an NFL asset so this pick makes perfect sense. Here's to another disappointing season.

4) New York Jets - IKEM EKWONU, OT, NC State
  • Perfect scenario for the Jets here. Do they go with Ikem Ekwonu or Kyle Hamilton to fill their safety void? Ultimately, OT is a huge key in developing Zach Wilson.

5) New York Giants - CHARLES CROSS, OT, Miss State
  • Who knows where they'll go here. I'm going to play it safe and assume that Daboll wants to work with Daniel Jones. Adding a top tier tackle to protect Jones, or whoever takes the reigns, is key. Plus, they have a second pick coming up to address other needs.

6) Carolina Panthers - MALIK WILLIS, QB, Liberty
  • They want Cam Newton, Malik Willis is the closest QB prosect in this draft. Could they take Kenny Pickett? Possibly, but he has small hands and apparently the NFL types don't like that.

7) New York Giants - JAMESON WILLIAMS, WR, Alabama
  • Daboll doesn't have Stefon Diggs to bail him out anymore. Jameson Williams could be that guy. I would think that they'll want an additional weapon outside of Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney.

8) Atlanta Falcons - KYLE HAMILTON, S, Notre Dame
  • The Falcons are given a GIFT in Kyle Hamilton. On draft day I don't see him falling out of the top 5 but in this scenario he does. The Falcons need help on defense and he's the best player available.

9) Denver Broncos - NAKOBE DEAN, LB, Georgia
  • Realistically, I don't think this pick will be the Broncos. In this scenario I'm going with Nakobe Dean since AJ Johnson and Josey Jewell are both pending free agents. Dean is a Day 1 starter.

10) New York Jets - DEREK STINGLEY JR, CB, LSU
  • Derek Stingley or Ahmad Gardner. I prefer Gardner but there's no arguing the potential in Stingley. The Jets need to swing for the fences here and hope it pans out.

11) Washington Commanders - KENNY PICKETT, QB, Pitt
  • The Commanders need a QB, Pickett is still available. It just makes sense here. They could go with Ahmad Gardner here also, I was almost 50/50.

12) Minnesota Vikings - AHMAD GARDNER, CB, Cincinnati
  • Ahmad Gardner could go a lot higher than this but the Vikings won't submit this pick fast enough if he's available.

13) Cleveland Browns - TRAVON WALKER, DL, Georgia
  • Travon Walker is a versatile defensive lineman/edge rusher. Cleveland actually has a fairly balanced team but the plug and play ability of Walker is hard to pass on.

14) Baltimore Ravens - DAVID OJABO, Edge, Michigan
  • Raw, athletic talent. David Ojabo can replace Justin Houston. Harbaugh gets an athletic freak who he can move around.

15) Philadelphia Eagles - JERMAINE JOHNSON, Edge, Florida State
  • Jermaine Johnson might be the best edge rusher in this class. The Eagles won't waste any time making this pick and letting Johson fly off the edge week 1.

16) Philadelphia Eagles - TREYLON BURKS, WR, Arkansas
  • If they want Jalen Hurts to succeed they'll need to give him a legitimate redzone threat outside of TE. Outside of DeVonta Smith, the Eagles are seriously lacking in WR talent (don't even say Jalen Reagor is good - he can't catch).

17) Los Angeles Chargers - JORDAN DAVIS, DL, Georgia
  • The Chargers need help with run defense. Jordan Davis is an absolute mountain. Devonte Wyatt is probably a better overall prospect but it's hard not to account for Davis in any game plan.

18) New Orleans Saints - DEVONTE WYATT, DL, Georgia
  • Speaking of Devonte Wyatt. Wyatt is a perfect compliment to the Saints defensive front. Arguably, the Saints could go many directions here but Wyatt seems like the safest pick at this point.

19) Philadelphia Eagles - ANDREW BOOTH JR, CB, Clemson
  • In this mock draft, the Eagles gambled early on Treylon Burks hoping one of the top remaining corners would make it to this pick. They get to choose between Booth or Trent McDuffie.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers - KENYON GREEN, OL, Texas A&M
  • Kenyon Green is the best interior offensive lineman in this class. While the Steelers need a QB, they'll need to protect whoever is running the show.

21) New England Patriots - DEVIN LLOYD, LB, Utah
  • The Patriots will probably trade back and stockpile picks. Here it's hard to pass up on Devin Lloyd who could potentially go top 10.

22) Las Vegas Raiders - GARRETT WILSON, WR, Ohio State
  • Garrett Wilson is a typical Raiders pick. A flashy WR with speed when they have other needs they should address.

23) Arizona Cardinals - MATT CORRAL, QB, Ole Miss
  • This is an obvious "Kyler Murray was traded" pick. If Kyler and the Cardinals kiss and make up I could see them going CB or Edge.

24) Dallas Cowboys - GEORGE KARLAFTIS, Edge, Purdue
  • This is a necessity pick. Randy Gregory is probably out so replacing him with an upgrade would be ideal for the Cowboys. Who really knows with Jerry Jones though?

25) Buffalo Bills - TRENT MCDUFFIE, CB, Washington
  • Trent McDuffie shouldn't drop this far. A gift for the Bills who could use some depth at CB.

26) Tennessee Titans - JALEN WYDERMYER, TE, Texas A&M
  • The Titans need a TE option. Who better than to fill that need than our very own Jalen Wydermyer. If Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd were to fall all the way to the Titans I can see them jumping at either of them. A top CB could also benefit the Titans.

27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TREVOR PENNING, OT, Northern Iowa
  • Ali Marpet is retiring so there's a large void on the offensive line... not to mention the void left by Tom Brady.

28) Green Bay Packers - DEMARVIN LEAL, DL, Texas A&M
  • DeMarvin Leal is the best interior defensive lineman available. As I'm typing this mock draft there's a very good source indicating that Aaron Rodgers is heading back to Green Bay.

29) Miami Dolphins - DRAKE LONDON, WR, USC
  • The Dolphins front office is indicating that Tua is their guy. The Dolphins WR room is fairly average outside of Jaylen Waddle. London gives Tua an immediate red zone threat.

30) Kansas City Chiefs - JAQUON BRISKER, S, Penn State
  • I can't be the only one that cringes for the Chiefs when I see Daniel Sorenson roaming center field. Brisker brings a tremendous complement to Tyrann Mathieu.

31) Cincinnati Bengals - TYLER LINDERBAUM, OL, Iowa
  • They need to protect Joe Burrow. The fans know it, the players know it, Joe Burrow knows it, the front office has to know it.

32) Detroit Lions - DESMOND RIDDER, QB, Cincinnati
  • Desmond Ridder is tough and has been a leader in college, something Dan Campbell loves and Detroit needs. Ridder can sit behind Jared Goff for a season, or until he's ready to take the helm. Why not take a QB of the future for the pick you received for Matthew Stafford?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG

This is a necessity pick. Randy Gregory is probably out so replacing him with an upgrade would be ideal for the Cowboys. Who really knows with Jerry Jones though?

-------

I'm a bigger critic of the Cowboys org as anyone but the Cowboys stood by this asshat through so many troubles and suspensions and if he leaves em over just a few $$$ he's a bigger di** than anyone ever thought.
misterguinness
AG
After Jordan Davis' 40 time at the combine, I'm thinking he goes in the top 10.
2+2=5
Macarthur
Agree on Davis.

I was also hoping T walker might fall in our lap but I don't think there's anyway he's there at 24. He's approaching Javon Kearse territory.

GCP12
AG
Leal is gonna need an incredible pro day to be a first rounder at this point
Broncos
misterguinness said:

I would agree that he's definitely trending that way.

That 40 was ridiculous.
lunchbox
Seeing a lot of NFL people mention the turf in Indy was new and FAST.

I wonder if any teams will discount the 40s that were run there.

I also wonder if any players will NOT run their 40 at their pro day because they know it will be slower.
Broncos
Broncos said:

9) Denver Broncos - NAKOBE DEAN, LB, Georgia
  • Realistically, I don't think this pick will be the Broncos. In this scenario I'm going with Nakobe Dean since AJ Johnson and Josey Jewell are both pending free agents. Dean is a Day 1 starter.

It looks like I was kind of right about something...
Macarthur
Broncos said:

misterguinness said:

I would agree that he's definitely trending that way.

That 40 was ridiculous.
Not only that, did you watch him jump? Jesus
Broncos
Broncos said:

• This is a necessity pick. Randy Gregory is probably out so replacing him with an upgrade would be ideal for the Cowboys. Who really knows with Jerry Jones though?

Macarthur
No doubt this becomes a need unless they spend some big money which would be out of character.
Deluxe
AG
Just my two cents:

-I think Chargers will take Garrett Wilson if he's available at 17. Perfect long term replacement for Keenan Allen. Pure route runner.

-I think Olave will be a first rounder too.
Broncos
VERSION 2.0

1) Jacksonville Jaguars - EVAN NEAL, OT, Alabama

• Jacksonville needs to protect Trevor Lawrence or they're going to fail themselves. Neal is easily the best offensive line option in this draft. He's NFL ready and will contribute on day 1. (Previous pick: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama)
2) Detroit Lions - AIDAN HUTCHINSON, Edge, Michigan

• Aiden Hutchinson and Dan Campbell go together like peanut butter and jelly. Aiden Hutchinson is the best edge option in this class and he has the drive and high motor that Dan Campbell loves. (Previous pick: Aidan Hutchinson, Edge, Michigan)

3) Houston Texans - TRAVON WALKER, Edge, Georgia

• Versitile, Day 1 defensive lineman who the Texans can plug-and-play. Walker skyrocketed himself up the draft boards after his combine performance. (Previous pick: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon)

4) New York Jets - IKEM EKWONU, OT, NC State

• Perfect scenario for the Jets here. Do they go with Ikem Ekwonu or Kyle Hamilton to fill their safety void? Ultimately, OT is a huge key in developing Zach Wilson. (Previous pick: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State)
5) New York Giants - CHARLES CROSS, OT, Miss State

• Who knows where they'll go here. I'm going to play it safe and assume that Daboll wants to work with Daniel Jones. Adding a top tier tackle to protect Jones, or whoever takes the reigns, is key. Plus, they have a second pick coming up to address other needs. (Previous pick: Charles Cross, OT, Miss State)

6) Carolina Panthers - MALIK WILLIS, QB, Liberty

• They want (and miss) Cam Newton, Malik Willis is the closest QB prosect in this draft. Could they take Kenny Pickett? Possibly, but he has small hands and apparently the NFL types don't like that. (Previous pick: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty)

7) New York Giants - KAYVON THIBODEAUX, Edge, Oregon

• The Giants add huge building blocks in their trenches for years to come in Charles Cross and Kayvon Thibodeaux. The Giants had a terrible pass rush last season and Thibodeux is just a few years removed from being the top prospect in college football. He possesses the athletic ability, now we just need to see if he can play with NFL talent. (Previous pick: Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama)

8) Atlanta Falcons - JAMESON WILLIAMS, WR, Alabama

• The Falcons front office could go a lot of different directions here but ultimately they take a weapon for Marcus Mariota to throw to. You could make a case for Kenny Pickett, Kyle Hamilton, Jermaine Johnson, or Ahmad Gardner here as well. (Previous pick: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame)

9) Seattle Seahawks - AHMAD GARDNER, CB, Cincinnati

• Is Drew Lock the answer at quarterback for the Seahawks? Probably not. The Seahawks could go Kenny Pickett here but end up taking the best CB prospect. A much deeper QB draft in 2023 gives Seattle optimism in finding their future next year. (Previous pick: BRONCOS - Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia)

10) New York Jets - GARRETT WILSON, WR, Ohio State

• Wilson to Wilson for the touchdown! The Jets added protection for their franchise QB with their first pick, now they add a talented pass catcher for him to throw to. The Zach Wilson project is full force in New York. (Previous pick: Derek Stingley Jr, CB, LSU)

11) Washington Commanders - DRAKE LONDON, WR, USC

• Does Washington believe in Carson Wentz or will they take Kenny Pickett and let them compete? It could go either way but I think they'll let Wentz take the reigns this season. Drake London gives Wentz a huge red zone target. (Previous pick: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh)

12) Minnesota Vikings - JORDAN DAVIS, IDL, Georgia

• Jordan Davis gives the Minnesota defense a MAMOTH of a man at nose tackle. A solid linebacker corps should have a field day with all the gaps created by the big man. (Previous pick: Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati)

13) Houston Texans - KYLE HAMILTON, S, Notre Dame

• Kyle Hamilton could easily go top 10 but a poor showing in his 40 time has some thinking he may slip. If he does "slip" the Texans could land a steal and help fortify a glaring need. (Previous pick: BROWNS - Tavon Walker, Edge, Georgia)

14) Baltimore Ravens - JERMAINE JOHNSON III, Edge, Florida State

• Jermaine Johnson is another prospect, like Kyle Hamilton, that could go much sooner than mid-first round. Johnson is a versatile defender who can play multiple positions along the line for Baltimore. He seems like an idea fit for their defense. (Previous pick: David Ojabo, Edge, Michigan)

15) Philadelphia Eagles - DEREK STINGLEY JR, CB, LSU

• Is Stingley worth a gamble given his injury history? The answer is yes. The Eagles roll the dice hear and hope for the former 5 start athlete. (Previous pick: Jermaine Johnson, Edge, Florida State)

16) New Orleans Saints - KENNY PICKETT, QB, Pittsburgh

• The strange multi-pick trade makes me think the Saints are targeting a QB. Mayble they'll be looking to move up higher again? We'll see as the draft inches closer. (Previous pick: EAGLES - Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas)

17) Los Angeles Chargers - TREVOR PENNING, OT, Northern Iowa

• The Chargers need to protect Justin Herbert. Trevor Penning is the best tackle available and this seems like an idea place to draft him. If the Chargers don't go offensive line here look them to shore up their interior defensive line. (Previous pick: Jordan Davis, IDL, Georgia)

18) Philadelphia Eagles - DEVIN LLOYD, LB, Utah

• Have you looked at the Eagles linebacker depth lately? It needs help. The Eagles gambled a little early by taking Derek Stingley. Here the Eagles add a consistent linebacker and leader in Devin Lloyd. (Previous pick: SAINTS - Devonte Wyatt, IDL, Georgia)

19) New Orleans Saints - CHRIS OLAVE, WR, Ohio State

• Michael Thomas' best years are behind him. He can still be a valuable target for a rookie such as Kenny Pickett but why not draft a WR to grow with the new signal caller. If they don't take Olave here I think the pick may be Andrew Booth. (Previous pick: EAGLES - Andrew Booth Jr, CB, Clemson)

20) Pittsburgh Steelers - ZION JOHNSON, IOL, Boston College

• I still think Kenyon Green could be the guy the Pittsburgh front office sides with but Zion Johnson is another good candidate. If Kenny Pickett is indeed off the board here they'll go offensive line. (Previous pick: Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M)

21) New England Patriots - NAKOBE DEAN, LB, Georgia

• My personal top choice for linebacker in this draft class. Dean is a little undersized per NFL measurables but he's a clear leader and plays with an extremely high motor. (Previous pick: Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah)

22) Green Bay Packers - TREYLON BURKS, WR, Arkansas

• They need to find a replacement for Devonte Adams. Treylon Burks is the best available WR at this point in the draft. The 6-2 pass catcher has drawn comparison to Alshon Jeffrey. (Previous pick: RAIDERS - Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State)

23) Arizona Cardinals - ANDREW BOOTH JR, CB, Clemson

• The weakest spot on the Cardinals roster (pending Kyler Murray demanding a trade or sitting out) is cornerback. There are a few options here for Arizona and it could go any way between Andrew Booth, Trent McDuffie, or Kaiir Elam. (Previous pick: Matt Corral, QB, Miss State)

• The departure of Randy Gregory leaves a need off the edge for the Cowboys. (Previous pick: George Karlaftis, Edge, Purdue)

25) Buffalo Bills - TRENT MCDUFFIE, CB, Washington

• I'm not sure where else the Bills look aside from defensive backs. Lucky for them there should be quite a few nice options at this point in the draft Trent McDuffie, Kaiir Elam, Daxton Hill, Jaquan Brisket, and Kyler Gordon just to name a few. (Previous pick: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington)

26) Tennessee Titans - CHRISTIAN WATSON, WR, North Dakota State

• Christian Watson is skyrocketing up draft boards due to his size and speed. The Titans desperately need help across from AJ Brown (assuming he plays). (Previous pick: Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M)

27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - KENYON GREEN, IOL, Texas A&M

• Kenyon Green becomes the biggest winner of this draft with the opportunity to block for Tom Brady and immediately be in Super Bowl contention. (Previous pick: Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa)

28) Green Bay Packers - DEVONTE WYATT, DL, Georgia

• Versitle defensive lineman for a unit that needs a playmaker. (Previous pick: DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M)

29) Kansas City Chiefs - KAIIR ELAM, CB, Florida

• The Chiefs need to replace Tyreek Hill and add defensive back depth. The AFC West became one of the toughest divisions in football history over the offseason and the need for playmaking defensive backs prevails. (Previous pick: DOLPHINS - Drake London, USC)

30) Kansas City Chiefs - JAHAN DOTSON, WR, Penn State

• Jahon Dotson isn't Tyreek Hill but he can fill that role as a quick WR who can play inside or out. The Chiefs are able to address two large needs at the end of the first round. (Previous pick: Jaquon Brisker, S, Penn State)

31) Cincinnati Bengals - TYLER LINDERBAUM, IOL, Iowa

• The Bengals are able to find protection for Joe Burrow here. Linderbaum could easily find himself much higher in this draft but he's been knocked for not being 300 pounds. Still, a fiery lineman who will start Day 1. (Previous pick: Tyler Linderbaum, IOL, Iowa)

32) Detroit Lions - DAXTON HILL, S, Michigan

• Another Dan Campbell player. A versitle leader who can ball hawk or play down low. The Lions now have two key pieces for what could be the start of a top tier defense in years to come with Aiden Hutchinson and Daxton Hill. (Previous pick: Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati)
Broncos
Final version coming this afternoon or tomorrow. Some big changes on deck.

May include the second round also.
Broncos
THE FINAL TWO ROUND VERSION

1) Jacksonville Jaguars - TRAVON WALKER, Edge, Georgia
  • Multiple reports out there are claiming the Jaguars are in love with Walker and honestly, it's hard not to be. He easily has the highest ceiling of all the edge rushers in this draft. His combine sent him into the stratosphere and landed him a huge payday. Personally, if I'm the Jaguars I'm taking Evan Neal to protect Trevor Lawrence but there are multiple reasons I'm not an NFL GM.

2) Detroit Lions - AIDEN HUTCHINSON, Edge, Michigan
  • Dan Campbell gets the perfect guy for his team. Natural leader and high motor guy who arguably has the highest floor of all the pass rushers. Hutchinson will be an immediate impact and finish the season in contention for ROY.

3) Houston Texans - KAYVON THIBODEAUX, Edge, Oregon
  • The Texans could go anywhere here. An argument could be made for Sauce Gardner, Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu, or even trading down. The positive for the Texans is that there are so many needs and holes they can't really go wrong here because they'll be addressing a need. Again, if I'm GM I'm going with one of the top two OT's here to solidify that offensive line. Either Neal or Ekwonu would create a dynamic duo opposite Laremy Tunsil.

4) New York Jets - EVAN NEAL, OT, Alabama
  • The Jets need to protect Zach Wilson. Evan Neal is my top tackle in this draft class and would be a day 1 impact lineman. The Jets are yet another team who could go multiple directions here. They still have the 10th pick to address another need so they could potentially try and wait to address their offensive line. I think Neal is too good to pass up on here and there are plenty of legitimate options that will be available at pick 10.

5) New York Giants - JERMAINE JOHNSON, Edge, Florida State
  • The Giants have a ton of options here and another pick in the 7 spot. There are still two top tier offensive tackles available that they could take with their next pick. I don't see the hype that Jermaine Johnson has been receiving but he's been reportedly climbing up a lot of teams draft boards. It could just be that the edge rushers are a premium position that can provide an immediate impact. I could see the Giants taking one of the top available lineman or even scooping Sauce Gardner up. It may also depend on if they end up moving Kadarius Toney. We could see a sneaky WR pick here.

6) Carolina Panthers - IKEM EKWONU, OT, NC State
  • The trenches dominate this draft early on. The Panthers need to make the smart move here and add protection. Is Darnold their guy? Possibly for this season. I can also see them potentially making a move for Baker Mayfield also. Either way, they need to keep their signal caller upright.

7) New York Giants - CHARLES CROSS, OT, Mississippi State
  • We keep the trend of fortifying the trenches going here. The Giants and their new head coach address two key positions early. This could be where we see Kyle Hamilton go also if the Giants decide to go all-in on defense. Another guy that could be a dark horse here is Jordan Davis.

8) Atlanta Falcons - GARRETT WILSON, WR, Ohio State
  • The Falcons are a mess. They've moved on from Matt Ryan and replaced him with former Heisman Marcus Mariota who we all forgot played in the NFL. Mariota currently has nobody to throw to with Calvin Ridley serving his suspension. I think the Falcons want Kyle Hamilton but they HAVE to add a wide receiver here or they may set a new record for fewest points scored in the modern era of the NFL.

9) Seattle Seahawks - AHMAD "SAUCE" GARDNER, CB, Cincinnati
  • Ahmad Gardner is the best player available here. The Seahawks haven't had a corner who can make an impact like Gardner can since Richard Sherman. In the off chance one of the top offensive linemen or pass rushers fall they could address those needs but even if Charles Cross or Jermaine Johnson does fall I have a feeling Gardner joined future Hall of Fame QB Drew Lock in Seattle.

10) New York Jets - DRAKE LONDON, WR, USC
  • I think the smarter move would be to take someone like Kyle Hamilton or Derek Stingley Jr but the Jets make this draft all about improving Zach Wilson. I'm not so high on Drake London but he does potentially give Wilson a huge red zone target which would be a nice compliment to Elijah Moore.

11) Washington Commanders - JAMESON WILLIAMS, WR, Alabama
  • Sure Jameson Williams is coming off injury but he's looked good in some recent videos that have surfaced. Williams has the potential to be the best WR in this draft and I think he has easily the highest ceiling. Commanders could also consider Derek Stingley Jr or Kyle Hamilton here. Notice the trend? Stingley and Hamilton could go to multiple teams in the top 10 but I have a feeling both fall.

12) Minnesota Vikings - KYLE HAMILTON, S, Notre Dame
  • We finally see Hamilton or Stingley Jr off the board. If Hamilton is still available here I don't think the Vikings use all of their time. Hamilton will be an immediate impact and game changer for the Vikings. A lot of mock drafts have Stingley Jr going here but I think Hamilton is the guy the Vikings want.

13) Houston Texans - DEREK STINGLEY JR, CB, LSU
  • Houston gets some draft day luck and gets the highest rated CB on their draft board. Sure there are the injury concerns but pre-injury Stingley Jr was a superstar. I think the Texans consider Stingley Jr with their first pick but ultimately the draft falls in their favor.

14) Baltimore Ravens - JORDAN DAVIS, IDL, Georgia
  • I think Jordan Davis could sneak into the top 10. There are so many things he can do and the size and speed is something we've never seen. There are multiple rumors swirling that Davis won't fall past Baltimore and I agree.

15) Philadelphia Eagles - TREYLON BURKS, WR, Arkansas
  • The Eagles could go a variety of directions here. It's a toss up between Treylon Burks and Chris Olave if they end up going wide receiver. I think the Eagles will take a WR with one of their first round picks. Outside of that Trent McDuffie is still floating out there along with Devonte Wyatt who could both provide help day 1.

16) New Orleans Saints - TREVOR PENNING, OT, Northern Iowa
  • It sounds like Trevor Penning to the Saints is a done deal. Could it be smoke? Absolutely, but the Saints do need to address their offensive line. Again, like the Eagles the Saints have two picks here in the middle of the first round so they have plenty of options.

17) Los Angeles Chargers - DEVONTE WYATT, IDL, Georgia
  • The Chargers would love for Jordan Davis or even Trevor Penning to be available here. Wyatt is a good consolation prize though. Wyatt can play anywhere across the line and add versatility to that defense. The AFC West has become the toughest division in football so anyone to help provide pressure on opposing QB's is a win here.

18) Philadelpia Eagles - DEVIN LLOYD, LB, Utah
  • I could still see the Eagles going Trent McDuffie here but a large argument could be made that they need a leader at MLB. Devin Lloyd would provide a solid anchor and leader to that defense. After taking a quick look at the Eagles depth chart it appears that their LB corps could use an upgrade.

19) New Orleans Saints - DAXTON HILL, S, Michigan
  • The Saints could easily take Chris Olave here but Daxton Hill has flown up the draft boards. Hill can essentially play any defensive back or linebacker position. The Saints could use that versatility if they want to effectively run their 4-2-5 defense.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers - KENNY PICKETT, QB, Pittsburgh
  • QUARTERBACK OFF THE BOARD ALERT! I think we see someone trade up to grab either Kenny Pickett or Malik Willis but if not I think this is the earliest we see a quarterback go. The Steelers know Pickett since they've watched him in their backyard so I think they bring in the hometown boy.

21) New England Patriots - KENYON GREEN, OL, Texas A&M
  • Mac Jones is THAT guy in New England. Kenyon Green starts day one and keeps Jones upright. Green is a safe pick which also fits the Patriots mold.

22) Green Bay Packers - CHRIS OLAVE, WR, Ohio State
  • The Packers and Aaron Rodgers receive a gift here. Olave could potentially go a few picks earlier but becomes the replacement recently traded Devonte Adams. The Packers need to address wide receiver here to keep Aaron Rodgers happy.

23) Arizona Cardinals - TRENT MCDUFFIE, CB, Washington
  • The Cardinals like their cornerbacks from Washington. Corner is a definite position of need but an argument could be made for WR also. A name to keep an eye on here is Skyy Moore. Moore would step in and fill the void left by Christian Kirk.

• I'm sticking with Karlaftis to the Cowboys here. Pass rush is a position of need with the departure of Randy Gregory. Karlaftis has been falling on a lot of mock drafts but I think he sticks in round 1.

25) Buffalo Bills - ANDREW BOOTH JR, CB, Clemson
  • Andrew Booth could end up being the top rookie CB outside of Sauce Gardner. Booth checks all the boxes you want in an outside CB; size, tackles, competitor, man coverage. The Bills get a steal here.

26) Tennessee Titans - KAIIR ELAM, CB, Florida
  • Another corner, like Booth, who will outperform his draft position. Elam will provide the Titans with some versatility in the backfield. He can play deep, slot, in the box. The Titans would love for one of the WR's that have been taken to fall to them. While WR is a need, especially if AJ Brown leaves, I don't think Jahan Dotson is worth the first round pick.

27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TYLER LINDERBAUM, OL, Iowa
  • Don't buy into the Tom Brady to the Dolphins rumors. Brady is staying in Tampa Bay. Now, the front office needs to keep him happy and upright. Linderbaum and Zion Johnson are the two best options for interior offensive line here. I think Linderbaum edges Johnson slightly.

28) Green Bay Packers - NAKOBE DEAN, LB, Georgia
  • As long as the Packers are able to land of of the top WR's they have a fairly well-rounded team. Nakobe Dean would provide some defensive versatility and a youthful leader to that defense. For some reason, Dean has been slipping in mock drafts but I think he's the best LB in this draft class.

29) Kansas City Chiefs - LOGAN HALL, IDL, Houston
  • Logan Hall might be the best interior pass rusher in this draft. The Chiefs couple Hall with Chris Jones to give opposition nightmares.

30) Kansas City Chiefs - SKYY MOORE, WR, Western Michigan
  • Sure the Chiefs added Juju Schuster-Smith but he may be too busy making Tik Toks with the other Mahomes. Skyy Moore is a legitimate slot WR who can step in and be Tyreek Hill-lite.

31) Cincinnati Bengals - ZION JOHNSON, OL, Boston College
  • The draft works in the Bengals favor. They need to protect Joe Burrow at all costs and Zion Johnson magically appeared. Johnson is a solid offensive line prospect who will upgrade the pass protection in Cincinnati.

32) Detroit Lions - MALIK WILLIS, QB, Liberty
  • Two things are going to happen -- someone is going to trade up into the top 10 to draft Malik Willis or he falls a long way. Here the Lions get a year to groom Willis behind Jared Goff. I do think this is best case scenario for Willis as I don't think he's ready to contribute at the NFL level week 1.

33) Jacksonville Jaguars - LEWIS CINE, S, Georgia

34) Detroit Lions - QUAY WALKER, LB, Georgia

35) New York Jets - DAVID OJABO, Edge, Michigan

36) New York Giants - JAQUAN BRISKER, S, Penn State

37) Houston Texans - ISAIAH SPILLER, RB, Texas A&M

38) New York Jets - KYLER GORDON, CB, Washington

39) Chicago Bears - CHRISTIAN WATSON, WR, North Dakota State

40) Seattle Seahawks - DESMOND RIDDER, QB, Cincinnati

41) Seattle Seahawks - BOYE MAFE, Edge, Minnesota

42) Indianapolis Colts - JALEN PITRE, S, Baylor

43) Atlanta Falcons - MATT CORRAL, QB, Ole Miss

44) Cleveland Browns - PERRION WINFREY, IDL, Oklahoma

45) Baltimore Ravens - TYLER SMITH, OL, Tulsa

46) Minnesota Vikings - TARIQ WOOLEN, CB, UTSA

47) Washington Commanders - CHRISTIAN HARRIS, LB, Alabama

48) Chicago Bears - BERNHARD RAIMANN, OT, Central Michigan

49) New Orleans Saints - GEORGE PICKENS, WR, Georgia

50) Kansas City Chiefs - ROGER MCREARY, CB, Auburn

51) Philadelphia Eagles - ARNOLD EBIKETIE, Edge, Penn State

52) Pittsburgh Steelers - DEMARVIN LEAL, IDL, Texas A&M

53) Green Bay Packers - NICHOLAS PETIT-FRERE, OT, Ohio State

54) New England Patriots - CHAD MUMA, LB, Wyoming

55) Arizona Cardinals - BREECE HALL, RB, Iowa State

56) Dallas Cowboys - TREY MCBRIDE, TE, Colorado State

57) Buffalo Bills - KENNETH WALKER III, RB, Michigan State

58) Atlanta Falcons - COBY BRYANT, CB, Cincinnati

59) Green Bay Packers - TRAVIS JONES, IDL, UCONN

60) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - JAHAN DOTSON, WR, Penn State

61) San Francisco 49ers - DAVID BELL, WR, Purdue

62) Kansas City Chiefs - SEAN RHYAN, OL, UCLA

63) Cincinnati Bengals - CAM TAYLOR-BRITT, CB, Nebraska

64) Denver Broncos - CAMERON THOMAS, Edge, San Diego State
knoxtom
I think it goes Walker - Hutchinson. Everyone agrees with this. Only thing more locked in is that the Giants will do something stupid.

The Jets will take Gardner at 4 so a lot of teams will want to trade with the Texans for the third pick to get ahead of them. Texans will take the best deal and trade down. Expect Gardner to go third. After that, the Jets will trade down as well for the teams wanting to get either Neal or Ekwonu.

The three best players in this draft are Hamilton, Gardner, and Stingley. No one else is even close. Evan Neal is a sure thing pro bowl type player for 10 years. Everyone else is a crap shoot. Could be good, could be Luke Joekel.

As for the Aggies, Kenyon Green is a late 1st to mid 2nd. Leal is a late 2nd to 3rd ish player. Spiller has probably dropped to a 4th or 5th and everyone else is JAG
Macarthur
It's funny how a couple of months ago, I was posting that I hoped that Walker might be there at 24 for the Cowboys and now he's most likely going to be pick #1. Just shows how these things change so much from a few weeks much less an entire year out...
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
knoxtom said:

I think it goes Walker - Hutchinson. Everyone agrees with this. Only thing more locked in is that the Giants will do something stupid.

The Jets will take Gardner at 4 so a lot of teams will want to trade with the Texans for the third pick to get ahead of them. Texans will take the best deal and trade down. Expect Gardner to go third. After that, the Jets will trade down as well for the teams wanting to get either Neal or Ekwonu.

The three best players in this draft are Hamilton, Gardner, and Stingley. No one else is even close. Evan Neal is a sure thing pro bowl type player for 10 years. Everyone else is a crap shoot. Could be good, could be Luke Joekel.

As for the Aggies, Kenyon Green is a late 1st to mid 2nd. Leal is a late 2nd to 3rd ish player. Spiller has probably dropped to a 4th or 5th and everyone else is JAG
yup. def looking like walker at 1, which is crazy. then Hutch. i bet both corners go in the top 10. no way sauce drops to 9. which means stingley will then go 9.

im hoping green sneaks into the 1st. hes probably the #2 OG. Spiller will go day 2. prob 3rd round. there will be a run on those RBs as i think teams value him higher than some of the journos do.

all i know is, after the first two or three picks, its a crap shoot.

curious to see how many of the QBs go in the 1st. with that 5th year option, some teams will move up just to nab someone like ridder or one of the other available guys at #32.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.