******Cowboys Mock Draft thread 2022*******

10,355 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jr15aggie
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was listening to the draft show with Broaddus and those guys…they were thinking if a trade up was to happen it would be for the OT Cross. Sounds like too if they want a receiver in the first round they'll need to trade up. They mentioned Cowboys really like Drake London. Treylon Burks they don't see getting past Green Bay at 22.
Macarthur
Yeah, I saw that too.

One thing that wasn't addressed that I think is interesting is that if all those WRs are gone, that means more than likely someone is going to fall that otherwise wouldn't.

I keep thinking there is going to be another position that is going to slide that I think they may have to take because the value is so high.

What about Jordan Davis? Karlaftis? Wyatt? I would be very happy with Green or Zion, but I also think there are several guys that are day one starters at LG in the 2nd and 3rd. I think there's a great chance a great player falls to 24.

Macarthur
I also think Tariq Woolen has a chance to be a superstar!
Vince Blake
Mike Fisher, who is a bit of a sensationalist, is reporting the Cowboys are "desperately" trying to trade up into the top 14.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, we are all hearing it more and more. And I'll say it again since it was the last post on the previous page and probably not read....

This front office is currently making moves with the future in mind more than 2022. We've already seen them do away with good players (that could have helped us next year) so that we'll be ready to sign our future core players over the next 2-3 years.

Trading up in the 1st lines up with this philosophy. You are walking away from potentially drafting 2 decent starters for next years team if you trade up.... But.... if you instead walk away with another cornerstone player, that might prove to be the best deal for us long term.

OT would make the most sense to me, but I'm also hearing more and more about how they love Drake London. I need to watch some of his film, I've mostly ignored him up to this point since he was not making it to 24.
Danny Phantom
I am praying kayvon thibodeaux slips to the teens and is the guy we trade up for. We would instantly have the best front 7 in the NFL & a future of him & parsons would be so much fun.

Any of the top 4 WR's and top 3 OT's would work too.
jr15aggie
AG
Kayvon would certainly be exciting and a helluva snag. If nothing else this gives us something to think about while we watch the early parts tomorrow night.

I have my list of top 100 prospects with the Cowboys likely targets all highlighted. Kayvon is definitely one of them... we'll see which names I start crossing off. If we get past the 10th pick and some of my yellow highlights at the top of the page are still open, I'll start getting excited!
jr15aggie
AG
FYI, in case anybody isn't aware, the Cowboys for years have hosted really great draft night coverage. Can stream from their website and I assume it will also live stream off their youtube channel as well.

I typically have an airpod in one of my ears with this going... they will be the first to notify you if our war room starts moving around and picking up phones. Doesn't always amount to anything, but makes the draft exciting when we are 10+ picks away and Jerry starts getting jumpy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.