******Cowboys Mock Draft thread 2022*******

10,354 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jr15aggie
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's several of them out there. The PFF is prob the best format, IMO, but it has a bad habit of having guys in there that haven't declared. I spent a week last year drafting Jobe out of Bama. Lol.

Vince Blake
PFF no trades. My top 3 targets in the first round are Kenyon, the center from Iowa (no way he gets past Philly's gauntlet of picks), Nakobe Dean. Happily take Kenyon and he immediately replaces Connor McHoldin'. Don't know much about Max Mitchell but has a really high PFF grade.
Leon is my homer pick…not sure where he lands. I've seen other sites higher on him.

Macarthur

This one is Aggie heavy

Crap…can't just copy and paste
PooDoo
AG
Matsui
PooDoo
AG
Macarthur said:

This one is Aggie heavy

Crap…can't just copy and paste
PooDoo
AG
Marcus Jones…. DB, KR, WR from UofH is intriguing.
Macarthur
Listening to the Broaddus draft podcast, Lindstrom was a guy he mentioned that he liked as well as the LBer out of Wyoming.
PooDoo
AG
That Muma kids highlights look like what we expected LVE to be after his rookie year. Great tackler and instincts.
If he puts up better than average combine numbers he won't be there in the 3rd.

Can't wait to see the kid from UofH run the 40. He looks like a playmaker. I'd have him on returns, where ever he excelled as a slot WR or DB

Marquis Hayes looks like he would be a day 1 starter at LG
Macarthur
Another name to watch is Obinna Eze, OT, TCU.

He's a mountain of a man at 6'7" 330lbs. He's got very good feet for his size but needs quite a bit of work on technique and needs to add some strength. He's fairly new to football so he's still got room to get better with good coaching. Could also help inside at G.
Macarthur
I see a number of scenarios where trading back a bit might be good. It appears there are about 12-15 players with first round grades, but there is a ton of good players in the 2nd and 3rd.

The Agly Duckling
In the graphic above, Nik Bonitto is listed as an "ED." Umm . . . . . I've been watching football for a long time, and that's a new one on me. I thought he was a backer.

I'm giving this a try, just for fun:
Englebird Dumperdink?
Entrenousse Defenseeeve?
Endemic Dicephalitus?

What the **** is an ED?

Oh, and if Jerry Jones is still calling the shots on who the team takes, I don't like the Cowboys' chances of maximizing their player acquisition opportunities. Good luck, though, just the same.
Macarthur
Here's an interesting guy that is prob a 5th rounder or so....

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1492679921264578565?s=20&t=0LMOP0aKOzLJlyTfCOCqsQ
Macarthur
However, the draft show thinks it's a strong possiblity that if the Cowboys just stay put, a really good player is going to fall in our laps.

Not really thinking CB, but if a good one is there, you take him.

Macarthur
It's funny how diff those simulators are based on how those sites rank. One of them has had Karlaftis available for the Cowboys on two occasions. I would sprint up to the podium with the pick if Karlaftis is there at 24!
PooDoo
AG
Ended up with Williams and Linderbaum dropping to 24…. I passed on the center and he dropped to the Bengals.

Macarthur
Like this one....

Macarthur
If we don't have a shot at Dean, I really like this kid at LBer.

PooDoo
AG
I almost hope he puts up bad numbers at the combine
Macarthur
Here's an interesting thought. This, on the surface, looks like a major overdraft for Walker, but I'm starting to read more and more folks say this guy's upside is off the charts and may be the 3rd best pass rusher in this draft and 3 years from now, could be the best.

Macarthur
Another guy that I'm seeing is going to move up draft boards and I think the Cowboys might fall in love with...

Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA.

The guy is 6'4" and Dan Quinn loves long CBs, and the word is he may run a sub 4.4 40 at 6'4" 200+lbs.
Macarthur
Here's another kid I would love to see the Cowboys nab in the middle rounds.

PooDoo
AG
I started trading down in the 2nd round….
Macarthur
Really like this one....a little trade down. I actually like trading down this year assuming someone like K. Green is gone.

Keep an eye on Noah Elliss. Huge man that moves well. He actually will not be there around 200, but this guy is going to fly up some boards.
Macarthur
One of the facinating things I'm seeing about this draft is that because there's a lack of QBs and there are a lower number of first round grades than normal, everyone is having a hard time with where many of these guys will go.

I've seen mocks that Have Garrett Wilson falling to Dallas (I have a hard time seeing that)....lots of times Green falls to 24....LInderbaum could fall to 24....Karlaftis could fall to 24....

I really think a player we aren't expecting is going to fall in our lap at 24.

edit: I'm also seeing some rumors that Leal could be slipping....would be amazing if he falls to 24.
PooDoo
AG
Jeff Cav saying the people prepping Skyy Moore say he's running sub 4.4
Macarthur
Here's an interesting one with a significant trade back. For the record, I would not be real comfortable trading back this much, but there is a ton of quality in the middle rounds of this draft.

Vince Blake
Jelani Woods looks like he's making waves at the combine

Macarthur
This kid's best football is ahead of him....
Macarthur
Skyy Moore just ran a 4.39. Was hoping he could be had in the 3rd, but he's not getting that far. Big riser.
Vince Blake
Macarthur
WR times are insane..
PooDoo
AG
Did he walk out and go home after that run?
Macarthur
Macarthur said:

WR times are insane..
The officials were way off the hand timed. Whoever was doing the hand times needs to be fired. Crazy.

Still a ton of speed in this group.
Vince Blake
Macarthur said:

Skyy Moore just ran a 4.39. Was hoping he could be had in the 3rd, but he's not getting that far. Big riser.

They just had a segment on Skyy Moore's workout on Good Morning Football. He just looks silky smooth with great hands. Would not mind if the Cowboys picked him in the 2nd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.