Calvin Ridley Owners

1,936 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MSFC Aggie
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you expecting positive regression or is he destined to be the biggest draft bust of the season? He had 26 yards on 10 targets! Is he just not a good fit for this new offense? They put up 30 points.
taylorswift13
AG
The problem is, he's being double teamed every route! He hasn't been a huge disappointment as has Allen Robinson Ridley's usage isn't what we expected but still terrible! We can only hope he gets more into a rhythm with Ryan as the season progresses! Or he can always be a high trade commodity for a good top ten RB if you have the WR depth!
W
AG
he misses Julio even more than Matt Ryan does.

Ridley is a WR2 --- kind of in the group with Lockett, Woods, et al.

not sure if he's a buy low candidate or not
txagman1998
AG
I can't really see how he breaks out at this point. Today was supposed to be a good matchup for him. The targets were there, but there is just no connection right now with him and Ryan. At least he got a TD to salvage his day as I had to start him with AB out.

With every week that goes by his trade value falls. I have him in an 8-team non-PPR league and I am stuck with him. He doesn't have trade value and because I drafted him in Round 2 he's on the Can't Cut list. So at this point, he is just a lottery ticket. If the Falcons can figure things out, he definitely has the talent to blowup. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
Enviroag02
AG
taylorswift13 said:

The problem is, he's being double teamed every route! He hasn't been a huge disappointment as has Allen Robinson Ridley's usage isn't what we expected but still terrible! We can only hope he gets more into a rhythm with Ryan as the season progresses! Or he can always be a high trade commodity for a good top ten RB if you have the WR depth!
I've heard he's actually not being double teamed as much as you would think based on his production. Something is clearly off with him individually, the connection between he and Matt Ryan, or some other reason. It's very strange.
TheCougarHunter
AG
I'm about to drop his ass.

Last minute will not play due to personal matter. Huge matchup this league with the top team in the league and I might lose because of him.
Enviroag02
AG
Wish we could get some clarity regarding the situation. Is he demanding a trade? Is he just not in the right mindset? Is he on strike?
Enviroag02
AG
So he says he needs to step away from football at the moment to focus on his mental well being. He's taking his second mental health day of the season.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Yeah, must be real tough making millions of dollars to play football for a living
txagman1998
AG
At this point, if you have an IR slot you can stash him, he may be a late season wild card since he will be out a few weeks. If you don't have an IR slot, then you have to make a roster management decision.
dixichkn
AG
This is going to become more and more common as these guys are bringing home huge amounts of guaranteed pay. "Yeah I'm just not feeling it. Check ya later."

Ben Simmons all over again.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Do you drop him? My league doesn't have IR slots.....and I already have Kittle and Sanders not playing. Only notable pick up would be McNichols or Peterson.
Enviroag02
AG
I know some sites are recommending to hold Ridley one more week to see if anything else comes out regarding his status.
. . .
MSFC Aggie
AG
oof
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.