Week 7 Start/Sit

4,057 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jetch17
GCP12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dynasty PPR league with 2 RB spots

I have Darrell Williams as RB1(Zeke/Pollard/CMC are my other RBs)

Tried to pick up D'Ernest Johnson, but was outbid by $1. Other options on waiver wire: Kyle Juszczyk, Royce Freeman, Salvon Ahmed, Ty Johnson, Demetric Felton, John Kelly. I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Am I crazy to just start both Williams & McKinnon at the 2RB spots to at least protect against an in game injury for Williams? I'm not sure any of the available RBs are better options even taking the Williams injury possibility out of the discussion.
Saint Pablo
I have Najee, Diggs, and Laviska on bye and Jeudy, Montgomery, Kadarius Toney, and potentially Antonio Gibson all out.

Looking at potentially having to play Michael Carter at RB2 and need to cut someone to grab a flex...

Would y'all cut Laviska or Toney for Christian Kirk, Robby Anderson, DeVante Parker, AJ Green, or Marquez Callaway?
Saint Pablo
That seems like a fine process considering you would likely be getting 2 or less points from any of those other backs.
GCP12
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Would y'all cut Laviska or Toney for Christian Kirk, Robby Anderson, DeVante Parker, AJ Green, or Marquez Callaway?
It would be between Anderson, Parker and Callaway for me. Maybe just check how the byes work out with those guys moving forward and cut the one whose bye week lines up worst with your normal starters?
GCP12
AG
Saint Pablo said:

That seems like a fine process considering you would likely be getting 2 or less points from any of those other backs.
I do have Jaret Patterson, so your comment about Gibson is intriguing. Maybe I'll go with him if Gibson is ruled out.
Saint Pablo
GCP12 said:

Saint Pablo said:

I do have Jaret Patterson, so your comment about Gibson is intriguing. Maybe I'll go with him if Gibson is ruled out.
I would for sure do that if I were you.
oh no
AG
TONIGHT:

DEN @CLE
CLE vDEN

DEN has slowed down in recent weeks and is on the road... but tonight will be either banged up Baker or Keenum...

CLE has not been good, but at home and DEN gives up the 7th most FF points to defenses.
oh no
AG
...and I'm trying to decide on QB stream - thinking Matt Ryan or Tua ...?
GCP12
AG
I'd go with Tua because they're at home.

As for CLE v DEN, w/ Keenum now officially starting, I'd lean Denver.
EliteZags
AG
Rhamondre Stevenson still only 17% rostered, they host the Jets and he has long term potential also

I'm starting him out of necessity, and chose not to burn a waiver to drop him for a 1wk rental of D'Ernest Johnson
Enviroag02
AG
I can't decide between Joe Burrow vs Ravens or Tua vs Falcons. Ravens are obviously the better defense and this game is in Baltimore, but Burrow is the better QB right now. Every ranking I've seen has Burrow 2-3 spots ahead of Tua, but something is telling me to start Tua and home vs the crappy Falcons D.
oh no
AG
trade just proposed to me:

I would acquire:
AJ Brown
JD McKissic
OBJ

I would give up:
Corey Davis
Khalil Herbert
Eli Mitchell

my current roster:
Q: Josh Allen
W: Devante Adams, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Corey Davis
R: Jonathan Taylor, Damien Harris, Eli Mitchell, Khalil Herbert, Alex Collins, AJ Dillon, Chris Carson (IR)
T: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz

I'm about to drop Dallas, Ertz, and Alex Collins to stream a QB, K, and D for this week.

I think I should reject this deal. Agree? I could certainly use some WR help, but AJ and OBJ have not been that useful and both have been in and out with injuries.. I do like McKissic's usefulness right now with injury issues creeping up with Antonio Gibson, but Eli is a starting RB for ROS. I don't care too much about Khalil if Damien Williams comes off the covid list this week.

might counter - Khalil and Alex Collins for just AJ ??
EliteZags
AG
I'd accept that trade is just Mitchell for Brown the rest are all dispensable fluff
Brown is more valuable, Mitchell hasn't done squat yet and may lose out to Jeff Wilson down the stretch, you want optimize starting lineup not buncha middling guys fighting for snaps

OBJ replaces Davis if you'll miss him, in a better offense
Enviroag02
AG
Burrow or Tua? Anybody?
oh no
AG
Burrow
oh no
AG
I have a feeling that Carson will never return to full health this season, Damien Harris isn't a dependable starter (although last two weeks promising), and Eli still could be an every week starting RB2 --- his only start since coming back was against AZ and with Lance at QB. I want to see him again and with Jimmy Garropalo behind center. I'm not so convinced a (basically) Eli for AJ deal is worth it..

This guy is last place 0-6 and badly needs RB stop-gap while Chubb is out... if I offer Khalil and Alex Collins, those guys should get him there - he's got AB, AJB, jamaar Chase, E. Sanders, OBJ.. Would Khalil and Collins for AJB be good for him? He's literally starting Booker and McKissic this week at RB and really only has Pollard on bye and Chubb out.
GCP12
AG
I think you just have to take AJ Brown.
oh no
AG
Do we like DEN @ Keenum better than CAR @NYG?
aggiepaintrain
AG
I have Burrow and Tua

rolling with Tua

What about Denver D or NE D ??

Cleveland is playing 2nd string and NYJ enough said
FJB
oh no
AG
Alex Collins or DErnest Johnson
Agzonfire
Bye week blues! PPR, sit 1 of these very avg RBs.

D. Harris NE
Booker NYG
Herbert CHI
D'Ernest Johnson CLE
W
AG
since Collins is not playing until Monday.

I would go with D'Ernest. The Browns still have a very good o-line...and the dropoff at QB may not be that much
mAgnoliAg
AG
My entire lineup is either on bye or injured so I have a one man bench even after picking up a bye week QB and bye week TE and I'm rolling with the bills defense on bye because there's nobody else I want to drop unless we get to Sunday night and I could win by getting a defense.

Full ppr Only decision is :

Devonta Smith @ LV
Mike Davis @ MIA
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
Need a flex start
Devonta Booker NYG @ Car
Elijah Mitchell @ IND
oh no
AG
PPR: DeVonta easily
Standard: ...flip coin - probably Mike Davis
oh no
AG
Eli

I think Eli could end up being a great play. His one start after injury was with Trey Lance at Q, who stole most of the rushing attempts. He's got bye week and this week working as the RB1 with Garoppolo at Q... SF offense might finally look like what it is supposed to look like.
W
AG
wondering why there hasn't been a COVID update on Damien Williams --- I guess he actually has it
oh no
AG
from last Thursday's update on yahoo:
Quote:

Advice: Had he not been positive, Williams could have been active after returning two negative tests. Since he has the coronavirus himself, Williams cannot clear the protocol in time for Sunday's game.
i assume he was actually sick; not just a + test. probably missing two games instead of one, but who knows?

I'm waiting on an update as well.. I got Damien Williams on waivers, only to drop him and grab Khalil Herbert a week later when he went to the covid list.. neither is startable @TB, but if I see an update that Williams is off the covid list, I'm dropping Herbert to stream my QB.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
Matt Stafford @ DET
or
Lamar Jackson @ CIN
oh no
AG
Lamar
W
AG
Rotoworld says Damien W. is unvaccinated, so he has to miss 10 days.

could still be activated on Saturday
oh no
AG
In addition to Damien Williams' covid list status/ week 7 Sunday expectations, I could really use an update on Alex Collins' hip injury as well as Rashaad Penny's IR/active status...

I think I will drop either Alex Collins or Khalil Herbert to stream my QB.
Enviroag02
AG
Collins did not practice today
W
AG
D'Ernest scores!

I started him
Saint Pablo
I am facing him in my main league and started him in my other league as a hedge just in case he went off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.