Week 7 Waivers - adds/drops -

1,935 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oh no
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
with Cowboys, Bills, Chargers, Vikings, etc., so many top FF players will be on bye the same week. Drops, waivers, and FA pickups will be a plenty.

I need a QB, K, and DEF in one league. Which three are most drop-able (I might just play week 7 without a DEF if I'm allowed to):

Khalil Herbert
Zach Ertz
Alex Collins
Corey Davis
Eli Mitchell
Damien Harris
AJ Dillon

I think I drop Ertz and Davis for sure, although I would have liked a speculative hold for Ertz. Might drop Collins - other RBs in addition to above are JT and Carson on IR. Collins is only usable until Carson returns and the return of Penny might make him less usable. Herbert is only usable until Montgomery and/or Damien Williams return.
GCP12
AG
What DEF & K is on your roster now? You can't drop your current kicker?

Do you own Aaron Jones? If not, I'd think Dillon can be dropped.

I think you can drop Herbert. Bears play the Buccs this week and Damien will definitely be back at least by week 8.

Who is your starting TE? Ertz could be a top 5 TE and a decent flex option the rest of the year with the trade to Arizona.

I disagree on Davis unless you are stacked at WR. He is going to be the #1 target for Wilson and the Jets are going to be throwing.
oh no
AG
GCP12 said:

What DEF & K is on your roster now? You can't drop your current kicker?

Do you own Aaron Jones? If not, I'd think Dillon can be dropped.

I think you can drop Herbert. Bears play the Buccs this week and Damien will definitely be back at least by week 8.

Who is your starting TE? Ertz could be a top 5 TE and a decent flex option the rest of the year with the trade to Arizona.

I disagree on Davis unless you are stacked at WR. He is going to be the #1 target for Wilson and the Jets are going to be throwing.
Tyler Bass is my K. Don't think I should drop him.

I don't own Aaron Jones, but I think Dillon can be an elite possible league winner down the stretch if Jones goes down. Dillon is already eating into Jones' PT. Starting TE is Pitts. Pitts target volume is elite for a TE and he finally put it together with TD in London before the week 6 bye. I like the speculation on Ertz, but Kingsbury has never really used TE that consistently and there are so many other weapons in AZ. I like Corey Davis volume, but Wilson has not been completing passes to him. Other WRs are Devante Adams, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins. The emergence of Chase in Cincy and the inaccuracy of Hurts in Philly is not good for the latter two, but they're still better plays for now than Corey Davis has been.
GCP12
AG
Kickers are kickers to me, but that's up to you. In my opinion, I think you should drop him WAY before you consider dropping Corey Davis with that WR trio. It's personal preference, but Davis is ranked higher than both Smith and Higgins at this point and Davis has already had his bye. What other names are available at WR? It's not always pretty, but Davis has been decent and I am not encouraged at all by what Higgins has been doing lately.

I get your point on Dillon, but Jones has been relatively healthy the last couple years. Any RB can get hurt, but I would bet on Davis being more valuable to your team than Dillon the rest of they way.

I would drop Bass and Herbert and I'll leave the rest up to you, because I can't really argue strongly against your Dillon/Ertz opinion. Quickly on Pitts though, the London game was encouraging, but remember that the Falcons were missing both Ridley and Gage.
oh no
AG
yeah, even with Ridley, Pitts had been getting top-notch TE volume including redzone and endzone looks.

Alex Collins performed in week 6 in Carson's absence, but he came out of it with a questionable tag along with Rashaad Penny coming off IR, and Carson will be back in a few weeks after their bye. I think he might be my most drop-able RB. Khalil will be start-able again this week if Damien Williams doesn't come off the Covid list. I think I can drop Collins now, and wait to drop Herbert in a few weeks when Montgomery returns. Herbert is @TB and Collins is vs NO... neither has a good match-up.

W
AG
one old school option...keep your eye on the kickers and defenses in the Sunday / Monday night games.

wait as long as possible to see how your matchup is going...and scoop up the Seattle or New Orleans K/Def at the last minute if they can get you a win.

otherwise...I would drop Davis and Ertz and maybe Mitchell
hurleyag
AG
Who is everyone looking at for streaming defenses? Pats seem to be the best option in our league, but doubt I'll get them on waivers. Also considering MIA vs Atl.
oh no
AG
I'm eyeing CAR, SF, GB.. I don't think I will put a waiver in.. I have low priority and looking at other league members, I suspect one other looking for a QB and 2-3 others looking for a DEF. I'll just grab best left available FA on Wednesday morning when I wake up.
oh no
AG
qb rank/priority for week 7:

Tennehill
Carr
Ryan
Tua
Bridgewater
Wentz
Enviroag02
AG
I'm tempted to roll with Matt Ryan vs Miami. Miami isn't very good and the Falcons get Calvin Ridley back following a bye. They seem to be getting the offense going..plus they have very little run game.
oh no
AG
thinking about that too... if I pick up Ryan in both of my leagues (Dak and Josh Allen both on bye), I'd have Ryan - Cordarrelle in one league and Ryan - Pitts in the other.

also looking at Tua - he faces the awful ATL defense at home and he threw the ball 47 times in his first game back last week @JAX
oh no
AG
Jameis @ SEA on Monday night is an option in one of my leagues.
EliteZags
AG
dropping someone of any potential value to hold a kicker that isn't Justin Tucker through a bye is not very smart

you can wait til Sun to swap Bass, then either force someone to burn a waiver on a kicker(unlikely) or you can grab him back midnight Tues
oh no
AG
I might drop Bass to stream a bye week K. Usually don't mind dropping a K... In this case, I would rather hold if I can though: Bass is the #1 K in FF this year and figures to be for ROS and FF playoffs. I'm pretty sure someone would use a waiver to grab him back before me next week if I drop him.

I am measuring someone like Alex Collins, who was on my bench last week and figures to be again this week vs NO defense, left the game banged up last week, and was only going to be useful for a couple more weeks until bye and Carson's return from IR, might be easier to drop than Bass.
Enviroag02
AG
How are we feeling about Jarvis Landry Thursday if he starts?
oh no
AG
Will it be Case Keenum or Baker throwing him the ball?
Enviroag02
AG
Baker is limited today in practice, OBJ is not practicing but has a chance to play, and D'ernest Johnson is starting at RB.
E
AG
Need a spot start while Bills are BYE

Tua v ATL
Matt Ryan @ MIA
Carr v PHI
oh no
AG
I'm torn on which one to grab as well
oh no
AG
DEN @CLE on Thursday night a good start? On the road, but CLE will either have a banged up Baker or start Keenum.
mAgnoliAg
AG
E said:

Tua v ATL
Matt Ryan @ MIA
Carr v PHI

I'm getting tua but I could easily see Ryan outperforming him
jetch17
AG
I'm in a TE wasteland with the BYE. With Kittle hurt, I picked up Dawson Knox & dalton shultz to alternate in last couple weeks … they're both on BYE.

Picked up Mo Alie-Cox grasping at straws for the week. Tonyan also available, but that's about as good at our wire goes
Silvertaps
AG
Cleveland or Denver Defense?
(Leaning Denver with all the CLE injuries)
boy09
AG
oh no said:

Will it be Case Keenum or Baker throwing him the ball?
Looks like its Keenum
E
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

E said:

Tua v ATL
Matt Ryan @ MIA
Carr v PHI

I'm getting tua but I could easily see Ryan outperforming him

This one is tough… I might roll with Carr as weather in Miami doesn't look the greatest
oh no
AG
Can "PUP-R" be placed in the IR slot in Yahoo?
texagbeliever
Yes. Jeff Wilson might be a good add if still available in any leagues.
texagbeliever
E said:

Tua v ATL
Matt Ryan @ MIA
Carr v PHI

I picked up Carr to make him unavailable for the opponent with Josh allen. But Tua has a good match-up.
E
AG
Crap! Someone picked up Tua… so I took Carr
Silvertaps
AG
Drop Michael Thomas for Waddle or Marvin Jones Jr?
oh no
AG
Waddle is available?!?
JaceAG12
Would you guys trade CMC for javonte Williams and Adams/ceedee lamb. I got offered lamb and Williams but Adams/Williams is more entincing
mAgnoliAg
AG
JaceAG12 said:

Would you guys trade CMC for javonte Williams and Adams/ceedee lamb. I got offered lamb and Williams but Adams/Williams is more entincing

Well obviously everybody would do it for adams but highly doubt anybody would accept that
Silvertaps
AG
oh no said:

Waddle is available?!?

Yep…recently was dropped by someone. This particular league doesn't have IR, so I see some decent WR/RB dropped since bye weeks started.
JaceAG12
mAgnoliAg said:

JaceAG12 said:

Well obviously everybody would do it for adams but highly doubt anybody would accept that

Agreed i'll counter regardless and hope he's a taco.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.