Week 6 Waivers

2,222 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Silvertaps
Dr. Gonzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recs on who I should pick up to replace Russel Wilson?

Have Tannehill on BN.

Waiver wire options:
K Cousins
D Carr
S Darnold
J Groff
hurleyag
AG
I like that order
W
AG
there was a time when Tannehill threw touchdown passes.

not in 2021 so far
Saint Pablo
Ty'Son might be worth picking up if he was dropped in your leagues.
EliteZags
AG
with Juju fully droppable now I just grabbed Marlon Mack as a just in case lotto flyer for tonight
txagman1998
AG
Lost Saquon for what probably looks like 2-4 weeks. I have C. Patterson on the bench, but ATL is in a bye next week and I have D. Harris, but he may be in the NE doghouse plus has a bad matchup vs DAL.

Here is who I am prioritizing for waivers (8 team standard scoring and I am last in waiver priority as I picked up Patterson last week):

1. D. Williams - RB1 in KC for the next few weeks
2. T. Pollard - Gets a decent amount of touches in an explosive offense, but does not get many goalline touches
3. D. Booker - Barkley's replacement, but NYG offense may struggle with all the injuries

Anything I am missing in regards to priority? I have an open bench spot so don't have to drop anyone.
Saint Pablo
I think that is the right order. Any other RBs out there?
Silvertaps
AG
I lost Russell Wilson this week, Darnold is my backup.
Should I drop for Wentz? He's putting up some numbers 2 weeks in a row!
txagman1998
AG
Not much. Some RB1s on bad teams (Ingram, Gaskin, Khalil Herbert, Michael Carter) and a few decent RB2s (Gainwell, N. Hines, Drake, Dillon, Michel). Maybe Gaskin is an option if I can't get any of the first 3 I listed?
Saint Pablo
I would probably have Gaskin over Booker.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

I would probably have Gaskin over Booker.

Even in non-PPR? Probably close either way.
Silvertaps
AG
Drop Darnold for Wentz?
(Russell Wilson is my starter)
txagman1998
AG
Tough call, but I still lean towards Darnold over Wentz. Had a rough day in Philly, but CMac should be back next week and that may help out their passing game.
oh no
AG
is Damien Harris drop-able?

I have Jonathan Taylor as RB1

RB2 was Chris Carson, now in IR spot, will move to bench if I have to. Picked up Damien Williams for this spot for now.

Have Eli Mitchell and AJ Dillon as well as Alex Collins while Carson is out.

I'm going to have to stream a QB, K, and D/ST for week 7 bye weeks and won't want to drop the K or D/ST i currently have.
Agzonfire
So is it D. Williams over D. Booker?
oh no
AG
Agzonfire said:

So is it D. Williams over D. Booker?
I'm not so sure with Williams getting out-carried by Khalil Herbert last week. Booker had 19 carries and 2TDs in relief of Saquon vs a decent Dallas defense.

EDIT: wasn't sure if you were talking Darrell Williams (Chiefs back up to CEH) or Damien Williams (Bears back up to Montgomery)... both starting RBs right now.

Booker over Darrell. Not so sure if Damien.
W
AG
I would lean Booker.

seems safer to get a heavy workload as the feature back.

Andy Reid can play tricks sometimes with his RB's
W
AG
Wentz gets the Texans in week 6.

bad matchup in week 7 (at 49ers), but soft ones again in weeks 8 (Titans) & 9 (Jets)
W
AG
and where real life meets fantasy...

Derek Carr going forward without Gruden...

week 6 at Denver and week 8 bye.

he seems drop-able for a while
Enviroag02
AG
I lean Williams over Booker. The Chiefs score 30 pts a game. Williams was already getting goal line snaps with a healthy CEH. The Giants have a backup QB and other injuries. Booker gets the Rams and Panthers next 2 weeks. Williams gets Washington and Tennessee. Also, its likely Barkley returns before CEH does.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

is Damien Harris drop-able?

I have Jonathan Taylor as RB1

RB2 was Chris Carson, now in IR spot, will move to bench if I have to. Picked up Damien Williams for this spot for now.

Have Eli Mitchell and AJ Dillon as well as Alex Collins while Carson is out.

I'm going to have to stream a QB, K, and D/ST for week 7 bye weeks and won't want to drop the K or D/ST i currently have.

In shallow leagues, he may be droppable. In deeper leagues, it's a trickier decision. The NE offense is bad, averaging 19.2 points per game and the future schedule provides few positive matchups. He has had two goalline fumbles this year, which eventually may land him in Belichick's doghouse permanently.

On the flip side, through five games he's still RB1 in NE. And until Mac Jones fully matures at QB, they need the run game to help him. The touches should still be there if he stays healthy and eliminates the goalline fumbles.

Tough call to make. You seem to have decent RB depth so I think he may be a candidate to open up a roster spot. Maybe wait one more week to make a final decision?
AustinCountyAg
I just made a trade offer for James Robinson. I'd be sending him Gronk. Fant is my current TE.

That crazy? My other RB's are Saquon, Gaskin, N. Harris, and C. Patterson. Although I'd prefer to use Patteron as a WR.

My thinking is Saquon is basically done. At least pretending he is. Then have Harris and Robinson has my two starters. I dont trust Gaskin to get touches week in and week out.

Am I crazy with this trade?
boy09
AG
I'd be surprised if he accepts that trade, but it's great for you if he does..
EliteZags
AG
EliteZags said:

with Juju fully droppable now I just grabbed Marlon Mack as a just in case lotto flyer for tonight

KC reportedly looking into trading for Mack after CEH injury, he ran 5 for 47 last night

may have to hold him now? had only planned for a one night bench rental in case of JT injury
Enviroag02
AG
CEH going on IR
oh no
AG
ya'll got me all intrigued about Mack.. i like him as a player he's got some juice; just bad luck with injuries so colts had to draft JT.

...but damn i've got too many week 7 byes to manage through- can't add another RB right now...
Enviroag02
AG
I'm just sitting here waiting to hear about what the heck happened with Calvin Ridley this week!
boy09
AG
Enviroag02 said:

I'm just sitting here waiting to hear about what the heck happened with Calvin Ridley this week!
I mean, he didn't travel to London due to a personal matter. I wouldn't count on finding out anything more than that..
mAgnoliAg
AG
Booker, Williams, toney, or Mack?
oh no
AG
Depends what you need and when. Mack is only a speculative stash in case a deal is done and then a wait for him to learn a new offense and be activated.
oh no
AG
Why wouldn't the giants declare Barkley OUT before Tuesday evening? Don't they know fantasy players have IR spots to fill and waiver claims to add?!?
dixichkn
AG
I'm about up to here with two-catch TJ Hockenson. Cost me the last two weeks almost single handedly. Do you guys see him doing anything this year? The Logan Thomas owner threw him back on waivers so I could possibly sneak in and pick him up next week, give Hock one more chance this week to redeem himself. Thoughts?

Also I plan on making a run at Darrell Williams tonight to help me through next weeks bye (maybe even Chicago's bye in week 10 if CEH stays out longer than expected). I'd have to drop either Marvin Jones or Michael Gallup to make room for him. Worth it? My current RB are Cook/Mattison, Montgomery/Damien Williams, Sony Michel and James Conner
oh no
AG
i didn't put any waiver claims in for either league... trying to move up as I have QB, K, D/ST byes in week 7 in one league and QB + K in the other.

...so week 7 byes -
QBs on bye: Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, Justin Herbert, Kirk Cousins, Trevor Lawrence

if those owners in your leagues aren't carrying two QB, it could be competitive to attempt to get a decent streamer as you might be battling with 2 other competitors for the same sheeety options

Who is best out of these for week 7?

Tannehill, Burrow, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith?? Maybe Jameis in some leagues or Wentz vs HOU??

hurleyag
AG
Defensive streaming is bleak and his week in our league Miami is the best option for me. Have to hope Lawrence throws a few picks.
hurleyag
AG
I think I'd lean Burrow in that group. He at least has the weapons to use.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.