********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,828 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BlueAg2003 said:

I didn't realize it was that hard of a post to understand. Yes, I am a 49er fan. I have seen several posts saying that Sunday's matchup is a better route than having to play the Rams. And I was just bringing up the point that we beat the Rams twice this year. So just curious why Cowboys fans are more confident about beating the 49ers than the Rams. Sorry, maybe the term "we" was confusing as in you assumed I was a Cowboys fan.
Belichick shut him down, but he's just about the only one who was able to do so. The cowboys defense has historically struggled to stop Mcvays offense when it mattered.
BenFiasco14
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

I didn't realize it was that hard of a post to understand. Yes, I am a 49er fan. I have seen several posts saying that Sunday's matchup is a better route than having to play the Rams. And I was just bringing up the point that we beat the Rams twice this year. So just curious why Cowboys fans are more confident about beating the 49ers than the Rams. Sorry, maybe the term "we" was confusing as in you assumed I was a Cowboys fan.

The transitive property is meaningless in football outside of being an irrelevant data point.

By that logic, A&M is better than every team Alabama beat, ignoring the fact we lost to dog **** Miss St …

Match ups matter. The general consensus seems to be the Cowboys style of football matches up better with the 49ers than the Rams. This can be true, and it can ALSO be true that the 49ers match up better with the Rams than the Cowboys ….
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Grapesoda2525
I know a lot of you guys think we just had a bad day last time, but I still think the cardinals are a terrible matchup.
Ag Natural
AG
I think all the West teams would have been tough.
Macarthur
Lots of talk about how the SF run game presents a mismatch w/ the Dallas D, and it def will be a big challenge.

However, very few are talking about how bad SF is against the pass, esp the long ball.

jr15aggie
AG
We are also a more dangerous deep ball team with Wilson in the lineup as opposed to Gallup. Wilson is more of a slot guy and we've really feasted on teams with him in the deep middle.

Gallup is a heckuva WR, but I think Wilson is a better compliment to the players around him. Let SF try and cover Lamb & Cooper on the outside while also having to worry about Wilson and Schultz in the middle of the field. Kellen and Dak should have no issues moving the ball if we can get halfway decent pass protection.
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

Lots of talk about how the SF run game presents a mismatch w/ the Dallas D, and it def will be a big challenge.

However, very few are talking about how bad SF is against the pass, esp the long ball.

Our run defense has been great since Lawrence came back. He shores up a lot and allows the other guys to attack more.

I'm hearing about LOTS of money on the 9ers. The Cowboys aren't getting any respect and that's probably a good thing.
jr15aggie
AG
Dak and our offense will be our best defense against their run game. If it's like Denver and we have way too many 3 & outs our defense will not be able to hold back their run game.

If our offense is efficient in scoring points and helping keep the field position advantage, Jimmy G is gonna have to throw and that is advantage Dallas.
Ag12thman
AG
Yep, gonna have to move the ball and stay on the field.
Ag Natural
AG
One angle to this game i haven't seen discussed. Shanahan was Quinn's OC when Atlanta made their superbowl run. You've got to believe Quinn knows how to defend his former offense. Or does Shanahan have an advantage knowing Quinn do well?
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

One angle to this game i haven't seen discussed. Shanahan was Quinn's OC when Atlanta made their superbowl run. You've got to believe Quinn knows how to defend his former offense. Or does Shanahan have an advantage knowing Quinn do well?
Good point! I think defense usually has the advantage in these situations.
gigem1223
You'd think we're road underdogs watching/ reading all the analysts pick and talk about our game. 9ers are definitely the sexy pick this week.
jteagle
AG
50 years ago this weekend (Jan 16, 1972) the Dallas Cowboys beat the Miami Dolphins 24-3 to win their first Super Bowl.

Of note is the fact that the Cowboys also beat the 49ers 14-3 in the Championship game. I'm ready for the Cowboys to do it again this weekend.

I recently watched the game again and it is pretty eye opening how the game has changed in 50 years from many different perspectives.

The full game is on Youtube but it is not allowed here.
Southlake
If Dak has a good game, it opens up the running game and the cowboys win. It's just that simple.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

You think Jimmy G is better than Dak? For all the praise Stafford gets, he has never won a playoff game and also leads the league in interceptions since November.

Jimmy G is a full 1.1 YPA better than Dak so yes

Jimmy G has also taken a team to the SB and damn near won it
Hey guys, next time Cougar Hunter posts here, could you remind him that he's a cheapskate for continuously ignoring his TexAgs Fantasy Football League request for dues? The commish has been asking him for the big sum of $20 since August and he's managed to ignore hundreds of messages from the league while continuing to make roster moves week to week. Appreciate it! Go Boys!
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Macarthur
TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

You think Jimmy G is better than Dak? For all the praise Stafford gets, he has never won a playoff game and also leads the league in interceptions since November.

I think this is an interesting talking point. I went back and looked at Jimmy G's numbers and they are very similar to Dak. If you just look at rating, they are almost identical for their career - 98.7 v 98.9.

However, when you dive into the numbers more, there's some pretty stark differences.

First, Jimmy's playoff numbers are significantly lower than Dak - 75.9 rating v 95.7 for Dak

Dak's TD ratio is sig higher than Jimmy so Dak 'makes more plays' in the passing game. 148 v 73 TDs.

Dak has the added dimension of being a running threat.

Jimmy's best year, and the year they went to the SB, they had the #2 defense in the league. Jimmy was good that year, but again, his stats weren't great in the playoffs.

Jimmy has not gotten them back in the playoffs the last two years and the team spent a first round draft pick on a QB.

I think any real objective dive into Jimmy shows that he had a pretty short lived good run, but has been pretty Meh the last couple of years and the franchise is looking to move on.
Goldie Wilson
helloimustbegoing said:

TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

Hey guys, next time Cougar Hunter posts here, could you remind him that he's a cheapskate for continuously ignoring his TexAgs Fantasy Football League request for dues? The commish has been asking him for the big sum of $20 since August and he's managed to ignore hundreds of messages from the league while continuing to make roster moves week to week. Appreciate it! Go Boys!
medwriter
I remember the days in the early to mid 90s when the playoff games between SF and Dallas WAS the Superbowl, essentially. It was which team would win this game and go on to whip the Bufallo Bills in the SB. Great time for the Cowboys and I hope they beat San Fran's ass!

Go Cowboys!
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

I think this is an interesting talking point. I went back and looked at Jimmy G's numbers and they are very similar to Dak. If you just look at rating, they are almost identical for their career - 98.7 v 98.9.

However, when you dive into the numbers more, there's some pretty stark differences.

First, Jimmy's playoff numbers are significantly lower than Dak - 75.9 rating v 95.7 for Dak

Dak's TD ratio is sig higher than Jimmy so Dak 'makes more plays' in the passing game. 148 v 73 TDs.

Dak has the added dimension of being a running threat.

Jimmy's best year, and the year they went to the SB, they had the #2 defense in the league. Jimmy was good that year, but again, his stats weren't great in the playoffs.

Jimmy has not gotten them back in the playoffs the last two years and the team spent a first round draft pick on a QB.

I think any real objective dive into Jimmy shows that he had a pretty short lived good run, but has been pretty Meh the last couple of years and the franchise is looking to move on.
Jimmy G is a very good QB. His problem has been staying on the field. He's missed games is every season. I think that's the reason SF decided to draft a QB for the long term.
medwriter
Goldie Wilson said:

helloimustbegoing said:

TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

Goodness. $20? I really dislike people like this. Good luck in recouping your fees Goldie.
DTP02
AG
Ag Natural said:

Macarthur said:

Our run defense has been great since Lawrence came back. He shores up a lot and allows the other guys to attack more.

I'm hearing about LOTS of money on the 9ers. The Cowboys aren't getting any respect and that's probably a good thing.

I wouldn't say "great," but I think it's actually Lawrence and Gallimore. Gallimore seems to be rounding into form after the long layoff, and having him and Lawrence makes a difference for sure.
gigem1223
Martin, Parson and Diggs named first team all-pro
Chipotlemonger
AG
gigem1223 said:

Martin, Parson and Diggs named first team all-pro
TheCougarHunter, last team all-losers.

Or would it be first team all-losers?
STX Ag
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

TheCougarHunter said:

gigem1223 said:

What a cheapskate loser!
Grapesoda2525
I think Bay Area teams have caused DFW sports fans more than enough heart ache already.

1994- SF prevented the cowboys from being the only team in nfl history to win 4 Super Bowls in a row. 1994 would've made 3, but we already know in hindsight that they won in 1995.

2007- golden state completely ruins the worst basketball regular season the mavericks have ever had by beating them in the first round of the playoffs as the lowly #8 seed. The mavericks should've seen this coming and tried to avoid it, but they arrogantly ran right into that trap.

Oakland, Oakland, Oakland. Can we beat Oakland at anything? Record against the raiders is terrible in the last 30 years or so. The Oakland A's are always a big problem for the Texas rangers. The rangers can't seem to win games in Oakland. Ever.

I still remember the rangers season where Josh Hamilton was having issues and we lost a 5 game lead at the end of the season while Oakland came back.

Overall very frustrating. We need a win this week. I'd probably even say we are due.
Goldie Wilson
Grapesoda2525 said:

I think Bay Area teams have caused DFW sports fans more than enough heart ache already.

1994- SF prevented the cowboys from being the only team in nfl history to win 4 Super Bowls in a row. 1994 would've made 3, but we already know in hindsight that they won in 1995.

2007- golden state completely ruins the worst basketball regular season the mavericks have ever had by beating them in the first round of the playoffs as the lowly #8 seed. The mavericks should've seen this coming and tried to avoid it, but they arrogantly ran right into that trap.

Oakland, Oakland, Oakland. Can we beat Oakland at anything? Record against the raiders is terrible in the last 30 years or so. The Oakland A's are always a big problem for the Texas rangers. The rangers can't seem to win games in Oakland. Ever.

I still remember the rangers season where Josh Hamilton was having issues and we lost a 5 game lead at the end of the season while Oakland came back.

Overall very frustrating. We need a win this week. I'd probably even say we are due.
2010 World Series

ETA: Dwight Clark
Daveintx
Ah yes.. the infamous "my contacts weren't right, and the sun was in my eyes" drop by Hamilton..... Guy could hammer the ball, but was lacking heavily in the smarts...

The 38-28 San Fran gave that kept Dallas from the 3 in a row was decided within the first 10 minutes of the game, where it was already 21-0... after that, it was let Sanders cling onto Irvin and go
Daveintx
Another Cowboy fine for the year as Cooper gets hit by the NFL for going to a Mav's game while not following Covid protocols....
Grapesoda2525
Goldie Wilson said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

2010 World Series

ETA: Dwight Clark
Oh yeah…… I was thinking about that one too but forgot to bring it up You can still find 100+ California bar reactions on YouTube to Edgar Renterias 3 run home run that pretty much ended it.
Grapesoda2525
Daveintx said:

Ah yes.. the infamous "my contacts weren't right, and the sun was in my eyes" drop by Hamilton..... Guy could hammer the ball, but was lacking heavily in the smarts...

The 38-28 San Fran gave that kept Dallas from the 3 in a row was decided within the first 10 minutes of the game, where it was already 21-0... after that, it was let Sanders cling onto Irvin and go
I was too young then to understand, but didn't the refs blow a crucial pass interference call on Deion that could've helped us get back into it?
jr15aggie
AG
Daveintx said:

Another Cowboy fine for the year as Cooper gets hit by the NFL for going to a Mav's game while not following Covid protocols....
Nothing surprises me anymore after they suspended Zeke for not abusing his crazy college ex.
jteagle
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

It's OK.

It's a good rivalry but the Cowboys have 5 wins in the 7 post-season meetings.
Macarthur
This is good. Sounds like the Cowboys are getting tired of the chatter....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.