********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,777 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proposition Joe said:

And as a 3 seed still actually have a chance to host divisional round if Eagles manage to upset Tampa.

The chances of Jalen Hurts going on the road and beating Tom Brady in January are as close to zero as a potential sports outcome can be.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
Dallas MUST fix their run defense. If we can stop SF's run game we'll win.
DannyDuberstein
AG
What's moronic is that they are going to have Monday night playoff games this year. Hopefully they avoid that nonsense
jr15aggie
AG
All I know is, the way it turned out made for a really entertaining 2 days of football. And I couldn't be happier playing the 49ers in the playoffs for the first time in over 25 years.

Let's go Cowboys!
TMACsDaMan
I have a feeling they'll give the Cowboys the Sunday Night Slot
Proposition Joe
... which is still a better chance than the Cowboys would have of hosting a divisional round as a 4 seed.
Seven Costanza
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

What's moronic is that they are going to have Monday night playoff games this year. Hopefully they avoid that nonsense
It has the potential for one team to have an extra 55 hours of rest over their second round opponent.
jr15aggie
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Proposition Joe said:

And as a 3 seed still actually have a chance to host divisional round if Eagles manage to upset Tampa.

The chances of Jalen Hurts going on the road and beating Tom Brady in January are as close to zero as a potential sports outcome can be.

I don't know... I mean, for 1 & 1/2 quarters the Eagles back-up practice squad hung with Dallas playing all of their starters! /Griese
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. Super dumb. Two triple-headers Sat and Sun would be perfectly fine.
Seven Costanza
AG
It wouldn't be completely shocking to see LA beat GB in the second round, which would allow the Cowboys to host the NFC Championship game.
gigem1223
Wouldn't shock me at all of the Iggles upset TB. Their run game could present some challenges to that TB D.
Ag12thman
AG
Seven Costanza said:

It wouldn't be completely shocking to see LA beat GB in the second round, which would allow the Cowboys to host the NFC Championship game.
They won't playing like they did today. It was all SF in the second half except for Kupp on one drive.
gigem1223
Best outcome from next week (barring the cowboys win of course) is one of the Rams or Cards will be out of the way.
Grapesoda2525
I think the 3 seed is way better than the 4 in this particular bracket.

We have 2 teams behind us who could win it all. The bucs are banged up with injuries. Rodgers foot or ankle is messed up so his mobility won't be 100% if we play him hopefully.

The 49ers might be tough, but we get them at home. We took 3 quarters off and still almost came back against the cards. Hopefully some of this Philly game mojo Carries over tho.

With 2 solid teams behind us in the pecking order, we have a decent chance to host an extra game or two. I'd still much rather avoid the 4 seed at all cost. It's the worst seed in the entire bracket in my opinion. You get a really tough team who narrowly lost their division then a matchup with Rodgers in Green Bay.

Our ideal path is probably SF > hope someone's beats TB, but if not then play TB> hope someone beats GB or deal with GB.

At least we don't have to deal with GB until the nfc championship game if we get that far.
Grapesoda2525
TB's best receiver Godwin is out for the year. Godwin caught 10-12 balls and had over 100 yards receiving against us in the first game of the year. Our defense has gotten better since then and they would have some big shoes to fill in replacing that production.
Baby Billy
AG
Cowboys got a great draw.
Macarthur
So many folks on twitter acting scared of SF. Jesus. If you can't' beat SF, you don't belong anyway. This was the best path, under the circumstances.
gigem1223
Macarthur said:

So many folks on twitter acting scared of SF. Jesus. If you can't' beat SF, you don't belong anyway. This was the best path, under the circumstances.

Prisoners of the moment. They went to LA and won. People forget there's a reason they had to win to get in.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Great matchup for the cowboys

jteagle
AG
It's the playoffs. Anything can happen. If Dallas plays the way we know they are capable of, they can beat anyone, anywhere. However, if that team doesn't show up, we at least have a defense that can help us win ugly games too.

I am looking forward to the playoffs this year!
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

They're stupid.

All along we've been told there's 5 teams in the NFC who are very capable of winning it all. SF isn't one of the 5. Is SF a good team? Yes. You should expect to draw good teams in the playoffs unless you're the #1 seed playing #7 or something.
mustang90
When will we know the game time? Do we have to wait till after this game tonight?
aggie90
BenFiasco14
AG
I hope we don't get the Monday night game
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
mustang90
That's the last game time I want. Give it to the Eagles
I want Sat or Sun at 330
aggie90
Mozart Paintings
AG
Sunday 3:30 has been assured of a CBS game (Chiefs I'm sure). 3:30 Saturday I bet will be an AFC crapfest. I would bet Cowboys are one of the three prime time games. Just hope it's not Monday night.
TMACsDaMan
Zuerlein's leash has to be short…going for two might happen more often than not
gigem1223
My bet is we play in the Sunday night game
MookieBlaylock
AG
Wtf is there a Monday night playoff game?

So the prize for winning is a short week?
gigem1223
Looks like Vegas is viewing this as a coin flip game. Dallas opens up as 3 point favorite.
NukeAg10
AG
If the NFL wants ratings then the cowboys will play the Sunday night game.
gigem1223
NukeAg10 said:

If the NFL wants ratings then the cowboys will play the Sunday night game.

Exactly why we'll play Sunday night
Infection_Ag11
AG
It's UNBELIEVABLE how often the refs bail out Carr on blind heaves just t avoid sacks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
Infection_Ag11 said:

It's UNBELIEVABLE how often the refs bail out Carr on blind heaves just t avoid sacks.
NukeAg10
AG
Refs bailing out qbs constantly for ****ty throws is a trend I would love to see go away.
gigem1223
NukeAg10 said:

Refs bailing out qbs constantly for ****ty throws is a trend I would love to see go away.

In before wbt

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.