********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,832 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
STX Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Parsons with COVID
jteagle
AG
STX Ag said:

Parsons with COVID
Not good but better now than in the playoffs.
STX Ag
AG
jteagle said:

STX Ag said:

Parsons with COVID
This is true.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe he coughed on Kyler
ChemAg15
AG
I don't think Parsons touched Kyler all night
ramblin_ag02
AG
This probably takes Parsons out of the running for DPOY. Now they have an excuse to vote for someone else.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
ChemAg15 said:

I don't think Parsons touched Kyler all night
jr15aggie
AG
Playoffs are gonna be a mess with Covid
Grapesoda2525
jteagle said:

STX Ag said:

Parsons with COVID
Good thing the last game is pretty meaningless.
birdman
Ralph Neely, one of the best Cowboy offensive lineman, passed away today. Great player for some great teams. Hall of Very Good type player.
MookieBlaylock
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

This probably takes Parsons out of the running for DPOY. Now they have an excuse to vote for someone else.

Faker Mayfield handed it to TJ Watt on Monday

Ag Natural
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Faker Mayfield handed it to TJ Watt on Monday

yeah Watt might break the all time sack record this weekend.
CoppellAg93
AG
Looking at the standings, the #2 and #3 seeds are still in play if the Cowboys finish 12-5, correct ?

* 2 way tie with a Rams loss, or 3 way tie with Rams and Bucs losses (however unlikely ), due to best conference record.

The Rams do play the 49ers, who are fighting for a playoff spot.

Should be interesting.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Brown and T Smith added to covid list as well.
Grapesoda2525
CoppellAg93 said:

Looking at the standings, the #2 and #3 seeds are still in play if the Cowboys finish 12-5, correct ?

* 2 way tie with a Rams loss, or 3 way tie with Rams and Bucs losses (however unlikely ), due to best conference record.

Should be interesting.
We haven't really received help from teams all year. Don't get your hopes up at all.
CoppellAg93
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

CoppellAg93 said:

Should be interesting.
We haven't really received help from teams all year. Don't get your hopes up at all.
Trust me - I'm not optimistic about us playing more that one game. Just asking about the possible seedings that they can still get.
jr15aggie
AG
We'll see what happens in 2 weeks, but it's always something with the Cowboys... it's just infuriating that the only thing that might hold us back this year is QB. The one guy that's been consistently good / great since 2016... you telling me that's our problem now!

Give me a friggin break.... I guess it would be too easy for us Cowboy fans otherwise. We finally have a defense that can take over games and now our QB forgot how to read defenses!?

I'm a big Dak fan and I'm just hoping beyond hope that he figures it out......quickly!
Macarthur
Agree. The Ticket was talking this morning and had the stat that in Dak's last 32 games he's 16-16. That's just a real gut punch.

Having said that, I know Win's and Losses are not a great QB metric, but still....
jr15aggie
AG
Well I'm glad I just looked at ESPN... I knew we were playing at night and I just assumed it was Sunday night. Had no idea we played tomorrow night!
Southlake
STX Ag said:

jteagle said:

STX Ag said:

Parsons with COVID
This is true.
Yeah, but I'd hope that he's back to 100%. Not sure how the CV will affect him, even after a week or two.

And,it seems like the CV is spreading thru the team at a bad time.
Southlake
And, what worries me about Dak has nothing to do with physical. I know people are hush hush when it comes to mental health, but Dak has mentioned before that he has had issues. And it seems to me that's he hasn't been himself; something is missing from his game. Focus? Concentration? I don't exactly know - it's hard to define and his stats show the decline. Perhaps depression? I certainly hope he's getting the help and attention he needs if this is the case.
Macarthur
Southlake said:

And, what worries me about Dak has nothing to do with physical. I know people are hush hush when it comes to mental health, but Dak has mentioned before that he has had issues. And it seems to me that's he hasn't been himself; something is missing from his game. Focus? Concentration? I don't exactly know - it's hard to define and his stats show the decline. Perhaps depression? I certainly hope he's getting the help and attention he needs if this is the case.
I hadn't thought of this angle but it's certainly something to think about.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

We'll see what happens in 2 weeks, but it's always something with the Cowboys... it's just infuriating that the only thing that might hold us back this year is QB. The one guy that's been consistently good / great since 2016... you telling me that's our problem now!

Give me a friggin break.... I guess it would be too easy for us Cowboy fans otherwise. We finally have a defense that can take over games and now our QB forgot how to read defenses!?

I'm a big Dak fan and I'm just hoping beyond hope that he figures it out......quickly!
I honestly think the struggles have had more to do with the running game. Our oline and tight end blocking has been atrocious for 8 weeks. Even when we get a decent run they get a holding call half the time. They've really been terrible. So defenses have been able to focus on getting after Dak and more importantly disguising the coverages.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Agree about the running game. he's a very solid QB but not Rogers or Brady, so like pretty much every other solid QB he needs some help and can't do it all himself. Need to get the ball to Lamb more too. I know Cooper was complaining about catches a few weeks back but Lamb needs the ball in his hands.
Ag Natural
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Agree about the running game. he's a very solid QB but not Rogers or Brady, so like pretty much every other solid QB he needs some help and can't do it all himself. Need to get the ball to Lamb more too. I know Cooper was complaining about catches a few weeks back but Lamb needs the ball in his hands.
Rodgers and Brady can only win big if they run the ball as well. Green Bay is running the hell out of the ball right now and it makes Rodgers nearly unstoppable. Tampa got their run game going last year and they rode it to a title. Outside of some of Brady's Patriot teams, no QB wins a title with a crappy running game. And even those peak Brady teams cheated the system a little bit because they threw a million short passes to running backs. You just can't survive as a QB if the defense knows you are one-dimensional.
Grapesoda2525
I still don't get what happened. The first 6 or 7 weeks we were on fire and looked nearly unstoppable. Ever since the Denver game, we've looked bad on offense about 90% of the time. I'm thinking or hoping it's something physical with dak that won't be an issue going forward ( next year) some kind of lingering effect from the injury he suffered in New England. He hasn't been the same sense he tore up the patriots defense.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I know that. All I'm saying is those are 2 guys most would think could carry a team on their backs if necessary, as both have done in the past. Any QB of any talent level will always benefit from a strong running game.
PooDoo
AG
Southlake said:

I wouldn't say nothing. He's had non contact injuries ever since he came back.

I think the surgeon didn't quite put his leg together in the same place and it all ties together. Almost like making a slight change in your throwing motion and your body not being used to the slight change in movement.

Just like how you can injure your healthy leg by overcompensating for an injured leg.

But I do agree that the physical has led to mental mistakes. I think Dak will get it ironed out once he gets the physical under control.
FTAG 2000
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I still don't get what happened. The first 6 or 7 weeks we were on fire and looked nearly unstoppable. Ever since the Denver game, we've looked bad on offense about 90% of the time. I'm thinking or hoping it's something physical with dak that won't be an issue going forward ( next year) some kind of lingering effect from the injury he suffered in New England. He hasn't been the same sense he tore up the patriots defense.
Combo of Dak's injury and Kellen play calling.

Teams have figured out how to defend Kellen, and he hasn't schemed around it. Disappointing that McCarthy is either unwilling or unable to help him out there too.
bullard21k
AG
For all you cowboys guys

From a fantasy football standpoint how much do you anticipate amari Cooper playing tomm. Everybody is all over the board from the starters might play a few drives to they are playing the whole game trying to win

Thoughts?
dave94
AG
bullard21k said:

For all you cowboys guys

From a fantasy football standpoint how much do you anticipate amari Cooper playing tomm. Everybody is all over the board from the starters might play a few drives to they are playing the whole game trying to win

Thoughts?

How the heck is your fantasy league still going into week 18?
bullard21k
AG
dave94 said:

bullard21k said:

For all you cowboys guys

Thoughts?

How the heck is your fantasy league still going into week 18?

Total points. no head to head and no playoffs. Play out the season completely
double aught
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Tell Lamb to catch the ball then.
TyHolden
AG
any word on tonight's starters? we playing to win or just avoid further injuries?
Grapesoda2525
TyHolden said:

any word on tonight's starters? we playing to win or just avoid further injuries?
Most likely to avoid injuries. The game doesn't mean squat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.