********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,797 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The running game will probably improve by playoff time when Tyron is back and zeke feels better. They said zeke injury is something that can't get worse by playing through it so it just has to heal over time. A bone bruise or something.
birdman
Take another look at the two point play. He threw to the wrong guy. That was tight coverage near the goal line.

Another receiver was running evenly with quarterback along the back of endzone. He was wide open. It was easy conversion if he threw it to deeper guy.
NukeAg10
AG
Upside, cowboys are up to the 3 seed. Win out and they'll definitely avoid that 4 seed.
Proposition Joe
Not sure why people think playing overtime with a backup QB is a better choice than 1 play with a backup QB.

Was just a bad playcall.
DannyDuberstein
AG
For me, it's because even if you make it (call it 50% chance), you are giving a QB like Rodgers 45 seconds and a timeout to aggressively sling the ball downfield without worrying about an INT. Maybe 2 decent completions from FG territory.
Proposition Joe
DannyDuberstein said:

For me, it's because even if you make it (call it 50% chance), you are giving a QB like Rodgers 45 seconds and a timeout to aggressively sling the ball downfield without worrying about an INT. Maybe 2 decent completions from FG territory.

No doubt having 45 seconds left was going to be clench time whether they kicked EP or 2PT, but I don't think "we prefer being tied over having the lead because then they won't be as aggressive" is a very wise approach.
gigem1223
Saints giving TB all they can handle tonight
Macarthur
Even Tom Brady has some offensive struggles…..
Txhuntr
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Not sure why people think playing overtime with a backup QB is a better choice than 1 play with a backup QB.

Was just a bad playcall.

I had no problem with it when they were on the road in Pit. Today, they were at home, and had ALL the momentum. You kick the PAT, and try to ride that momentum through OT
Proposition Joe
Momentum is a talking head thing. Bills scored 17 unanswered vs Tampa Bay last week. Then lost in OT.

Not saying it was necessarily the right choice to go for 2 (its always a coin-flip), but IMO you've got a future hall-of-fame quarterback (who granted does not have a good OT record) going up against a guy who had thrown more TD's today then he had in his entire career.

I can certainly see why trying to "win one play to win the game" was the preferred choice.
NukeAg10
AG
Come on saints, just hold on. Then we just need GB to lose a game, if the cowboys can win out. That bye would be huge, but I'm also fine with any seed that's not the 4.
TyHolden
AG
eat some clock here
gigem1223
If TB loses we're the 2 seed heading into next week.

Looking at the standings, I noticed, despite this teams offensive struggles they're still 2nd in the league in scoring. Only 9 points behind TB. Also, if the current score holds in tonight's game, Dallas will be #1 in the NFC in scoring differential.
NukeAg10
AG
gigem1223 said:

If TB loses we're the 2 seed heading into next week.

Looking at the standings, I noticed, despite this teams offensive struggles they're still 2nd in the league in scoring. Only 9 points behind TB. Also, if the current score holds in tonight's game, Dallas will be #1 in the NFC in scoring differential.

That's wild with how down the offense has been for going on 6 or 7 weeks now.
Seven Costanza
AG
If I'm understanding correctly, TB has the tie-breaker with Dallas in a two-way tie, but Dallas would have the tie-breaker in a multi-team tie. So if both GB and Dallas win out (GB taking the 1 seed), Arizona's loss today would screw the Cowboys out of the 2 seed.
NukeAg10
AG
Seven Costanza said:

If I'm understanding correctly, TB has the tie-breaker with Dallas in a two-way tie, but Dallas would have the tie-breaker in a multi-team tie. So if both GB and Dallas win out (GB taking the 1 seed), Arizona's loss today would screw the Cowboys out of the 2 seed.

If the score holds, then cowboys are the 2 seed bc of NFC record being better than Arizona and Tampa. The head to head with Tampa means nothing. Since the cowboys and Cardinals play in two weeks, if they win out then the cowboys need GB to lose once and Tampa to win out for the 1 seed, bc they would have the better NFC record. I'm not sure how the cowboys are looking with tie breakers against GB, since they don't play this season. If cowboys, green bay, and Tampa win out from here, then cowboys are the 3 seed. Please correct me if any of what I said is wrong.
gigem1223
Correct. Cuz in that scenario Dallas would beat the Cards and be tied with TB. Due to H2H they'd be the 3 seed. Really need GB to drop one and force the 3 way tie or 2 way tie with GB. In either of those scenarios Dallas is the 1 seed.
gigem1223
Man. Had Baltimore got that 2 point conversion we'd be the 1 seed.
TyHolden
AG
gotta beat the cards to stay out of 4 seed
Southlake
Only tough game for the cowboys isArizona and they're falling apart.
But, NFC Champiosnip will run thru GB.
gigem1223
Not necessarily. Good chance the Cards lose next week to the Colts.
NukeAg10
AG
gigem1223 said:

Man. Had Baltimore got that 2 point conversion we'd be the 1 seed.

Frustrating.

Green Bay has Cleveland, Minnesota, and Detroit left. I think our best hope if Minnesota, bc they seem to play well against Rodgers like saints against Brady. The lions won't quit either.

Most likely scenario is hoping for the 2 seed. Cowboys win out, Tampa loses again, and Cardinals continue to fall apart like they have each year under coach bro and the shrimp.
Proposition Joe
#1 seed Dalas if Dallas wins out AND:

TB wins out, GB loses one (but no more)
TB loses one (or more), GB loses one (or more)

Seven Costanza
AG
Cowboys are the 2 seed right now due to the three way tie (conference record being the tiebreaker I believe). But if they beat Arizona, it becomes a two way tie with TB. In that case, head to head is the tiebreaker.

So if GB wins out and takes the 1 seed, Dallas would have been better off with Arizona winning today, since beating them in two weeks would have created a three-way tie that would put Dallas as the 2 seed.
NukeAg10
AG
gigem1223 said:

Colts are playing really well right now, pretty much in spite of Wentz. Great defense and Jonathan Taylor is a beast.
NukeAg10
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Cowboys are the 2 seed right now due to the three way tie (conference record being the tiebreaker I believe). But if they beat Arizona, it becomes a two way tie with TB. In that case, head to head is the tiebreaker.

So if GB wins out and takes the 1 seed, Dallas would have been better off with Arizona winning today, since beating them in two weeks would have created a three-way tie that would put Dallas as the 2 seed.

I know, that's why I mentioned Tampa needing to lose again if the cowboys win out for the 2 seed. I don't really see green bay losing again, but it would be sweet.
gigem1223
Really need the Rams to lose again to put the 4 seed potential to bed
Seven Costanza
AG
Same here. I don't expect either GB or TB to lose, so the 3 seed seems most likely.
TyHolden
AG
gigem1223 said:

maybe - rams same record though. we need to win out to avoid 4th seed.
Grapesoda2525
Rams or cards in round 1 would be horrible.

Just get 3 or better. Anything else is gravy.
Grapesoda2525
I don't have any sympathy for other teams injury situations because the injury bug has hurt us a ton the last 2 years, but it looks like several important players for TB got hurt against the Saints. Might help us improve playoff positioning.
birdman
ESPN just showed Dallas as the #2 seed. We are tied with Arizona and Tampa Bay with 10 wins. Cowboys have much better conference record than either.

It's hard to believe, but they show only the Lions as being eliminated. Even the 4-10 Giants are still mathematically alive.
jteagle
AG
birdman said:

ESPN just showed Dallas as the #2 seed. We are tied with Arizona and Tampa Bay with 10 wins. Cowboys have much better conference record than either.

It's hard to believe, but they show only the Lions as being eliminated. Even the 4-10 Giants are still mathematically alive.
Who knew adding one more game to the schedule would change so much!
Macarthur
Here's the point about the offense....With the issues teams like TB and AZ are having, we need to keep a bigger picture perspective.

Dak and Moore def need to get some things figured out, but the sky is not falling!

Ag12thman
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Rams or cards in round 1 would be horrible.

Just get 3 or better. Anything else is gravy.
Yep. Agree with this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.