********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Season Thread **********

197,799 Views | 2808 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PooDoo
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The design is brilliant. Bring the pursuit left, but instead of the first move being to work upfield, reverse ground with the sole intent of isolating as much of the defense and essentially forming a punt return type wall
PooDoo
AG
Lol

NukeAg10
AG
I didn't know dj Khaled was a cowboys fan.
BenFiasco14
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Happy to get the win, and there were some definite bright spots. However, we still played dumb football all game. Luckily the Chargers played even dumber football all game.

That play right before the half hurt my soul. Down to the 2!

Someone in the game thread said the game was "a chess match on the short bus"
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PooDoo
AG
Just look how close Parsons was to stripping the ball with his left hand.

Macarthur
He's so explosive
NukeAg10
AG
Once he shed the blocker, his closing speed was insane.
PooDoo
AG
Watching him rush the passer reminds me of Von Fn Miller.
Ag Natural
AG
Parsons is so special. I thought going into the draft he was one of the sure fire stars and he has done nothing to disappoint.
Grapesoda2525
PooDoo said:

Don't know why some of the media talking heads are still *****ing about this play, if it's not a sack then it's intentional grounding. Same effect.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL, I had the same thoughts. Ball never made it back to the line of scrimmage and there was nobody in the area. It was the definition of intentional grounding.

I'll give Herbert some credit, was an incredibly athletic play on his part too... he should have been flat on his back as fast as Micah was getting after him. But it was still a sack/intentional grounding and an outstanding play by our soon to be defensive rookie of the year!

PS: If you watch the replay, Micah's left hand was 'this' close a couple times to knocking that ball out of his hand. Probably results in a scoop and score by our defense... that would have been an amazing game clinching TD!
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

LOL, I had the same thoughts. Ball never made it back to the line of scrimmage and there was nobody in the area. It was the definition of intentional grounding.

I'll give Herbert some credit, was an incredibly athletic play on his part too... he should have been flat on his back as fast as Micah was getting after him. But it was still a sack/intentional grounding and an outstanding play by our soon to be defensive rookie of the year!

PS: If you watch the replay, Micah's left hand was 'this' close a couple times to knocking that ball out of his hand. Probably results in a scoop and score by our defense... that would have been an amazing game clinching TD!
I don't think either receiver would have been close enough to be considered in the area, but you never know with refs anymore.
94chem
BenFiasco14 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Happy to get the win, and there were some definite bright spots. However, we still played dumb football all game. Luckily the Chargers played even dumber football all game.

That play right before the half hurt my soul. Down to the 2!

Someone in the game thread said the game was "a chess match on the short bus"
I'll be here all week.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Grapesoda2525 said:

PooDoo said:

Don't know why some of the media talking heads are still *****ing about this play, if it's not a sack then it's intentional grounding. Same effect.
Yeah, I posted this in the game thread. There's no receiver in the area. I'm guessing that would get called 90% of the time in today's NFL. They used to be more generous about receivers in the area, but that was many years ago before you could throw it away outside the tackles or clock the ball.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
PooDoo
AG
I wish I could find one of those NextGen stats animation of the play.
PooDoo
AG
PooDoo
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
Cowboys potentially have one their best defensive players in decades and it was largely by accident. Was there any way they draft him if one of those CB's was there?
DannyDuberstein
AG
From what I have seen, no way.

But it goes to show that standing pat (instead of trading back) and taking the talent that falls in your lap is the way to find stars for your team. Between Ceedee and Micah, that's 2 guys they really had no plans to take yet they are 2 of the best players on the team now. You could put Dak in that category too, i guess. Zack Martin is too. Not the sexiest pick and didn't necessarily have their sights on more OL, but when a quality guy lands in your lap, don't overthink it. Take the sucker
Grapesoda2525
I agree with the above post. It also shows how nice it was that we were able to somehow lose that historically crappy division last year. I'd rather get to watch parsons every Sunday in the fall for the next 10 years or so then go to the playoffs with a 7-9 record and get knocked out by Tom Brady.

I was hardcore team tank last year because of all the injuries. It just wasn't our year. We should have threw in the towel sooner, but I am stoked with who we drafted so I'm not going to complain.
jr15aggie
AG
Technically we did trade down in the Micah pick, but it was more of a calculated gamble as opposed to trading away from a player.

I'm pretty sure we take Surtain at 10 if he was there, but I'm not positive if they liked Horn enough to take at that spot.

In the end, as it turns out, we really couldn't have made a wrong pick with the way the draft fell to us. Parsons projects to be a multi pro bowl stud... our other option was Slater who looks to have the same career path. Will be very interesting to see how good those 2 CBs will be by comparison. (Looks like both already have 1 INT on the season... impressive rookie class so far).
94chem
PooDoo said:

I wish I could find one of those NextGen stats animation of the play.

Don't know how old you are, but if you don't remember it, try to find the video of Quentin Coryatt chasing down Casey Weldon for our only 2 points in the '92 Cotton Bowl. Frightening.
94chem,
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Technically we did trade down in the Micah pick, but it was more of a calculated gamble as opposed to trading away from a player.

I'm pretty sure we take Surtain at 10 if he was there, but I'm not positive if they liked Horn enough to take at that spot.

In the end, as it turns out, we really couldn't have made a wrong pick with the way the draft fell to us. Parsons projects to be a multi pro bowl stud... our other option was Slater who looks to have the same career path. Will be very interesting to see how good those 2 CBs will be by comparison. (Looks like both already have 1 INT on the season... impressive rookie class so far).
Would hate to see Surtain win rookie of the year because he got picked right in front of us and I know we wanted him.
PooDoo
AG
And QC only ran a 4.71 according to google.

Here's Voch Lombardi's breakdown of Parsons' game

94chem
First, Coryatt was basically a D lineman with safety speed in a LB body. I ran 4.59 back in the day, and QC would have left me in his dust.

Just shows how stupid 40 times are. Give me a shuttle time, a vertical, and a 20 yard dash.
94chem,
PooDoo
AG
This was back on the old field in Indy that was notoriously slow for the 40 times.
94chem
PooDoo said:

This was back on the old field in Indy that was notoriously slow for the 40 times.
The combine is just a way to make more money off the fans, and a place for closeted execs to drink expensive wine and look furtively at young men in their underwear anyway. Sleepy Sherm had it right.
94chem,
jr15aggie
AG
This past week might be a blessing in disguise for Micah's development. As the video showed, he just got better and better with more reps.

Assuming we can get Gregory back, Micah can go back to LB but drop down at DE at any moment. Really keep the defense on their toes. The most exciting defensive player we've had since D-Ware!
PooDoo
AG
Neal on covid list per David Moore.
Non vaxxed close contact that tested negative
gigem1223
Frickin schedule makers. How do you schedule Carolina on Thursday night and Dallas on Monday night when they play each other the following Sunday.
TyHolden
AG
gigem1223 said:

Frickin schedule makers. How do you schedule Carolina on Thursday night and Dallas on Monday night when they play each other the following Sunday.
we do get that extra time after T-day so probably evens out,,,,
DannyDuberstein
AG
gigem1223 said:

Yeah, this is some bs here. Also, while prime-time exposure is good for the franchise, I just prefer good ol Sunday afternoons as a fan. And foe the team, this schedule the 1st 3 weeks makes setting into a cadence difficult
DannyDuberstein
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

gigem1223 said:

we do get that extra time after T-day so probably evens out,,,,

They play the Saints the week after on Thursday, who also play on Thanksgiving
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

After Zeke got a 6 game suspension for crazy woman accusations that even the cops/ DA wouldn't touch... I'm convinced there is a Cowboys bias in the NFL front office.

Remind me, how many games has the NFL suspended Watson??? Exactly!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, the NFL managed to turn a spiteful ex-girlfriend with zero evidence into a 6 game suspension. Thanks Lisa Giants fan and c***sucking Goodell

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.