Keeper Opinions

1,148 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dixichkn
stick95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a pretty stacked keeper team that dominated all season then bombed in the playoffs last year, and I have to pick three keepers. It is a Superflex league so QBs are important. My keepers I am considering shake out like this:

• Saquon Barkley (1st): I picked him up off waivers and held him after he was hurt last year
  • Kyler Murray (1st)
  • Alvin Kamara (2nd): No brainer, keeping him
  • Justin Herbert (3rd)
  • AJ Brown (6th)
  • Joe Burrow (10th)
  • JK Dobbins (10th)
  • Miles Sanders (10th)

Like I said, Kamara at a 2nd is a no brainer. I have so many different directions I can go:

• Saquon, Kamara and Herbert: I burn my first three picks, but I am stacked at RB, the most important position. Lukewarm about Herbert as my #1.
  • Saquon, Kamara and Brown: Three best players, but QB is going to be rough but I maybe get one in the 3rd.
  • Saquon, Kamara and Burrow: Stacked at RB, Burrow is high value in at 10th in a Superflex league, but he might be my #1 QB which scares me.
  • Murray, Kamara and Burrow: Super solid at QB, keep my third for another RB or WR.
  • Kamara, Brown and Burrow: Good RB1 and amazing value for Brown and Burrow. I pick sixth and I know two teams are burning their first rounder in front of me. So I would be picking fourth from this pool of players on the board of Saquon, Murray, Dak, Lamar Jackson and MAYBE Ezekiel Elliot.

Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
Squirrel Master
AG
I like Kamara, Herbert, Brown, but you could sub Burrow for Brown. Sounds like there will be some good options to choose from in the first if you don't keep Murray or Barkley, neither of whom I would really want to have to take. That gets you a frontline RB, a high-end QB, and either a great WR or a solid #2 QB for your superflex.
GCP12
AG
This might not make sense depending on the pool of available players and what picks other teams will not have, but what about Burrow, Dobbins and Sanders?

This way you have 2 decent RBs for depth and a good QB2 while still having all your early picks.

Would definitely be risky, but you could end up getting a top RB in the 1st, top QB in the 2nd and a top WR in the 3rd while still having great depth at RB.
W
AG
is this a 10-team or 12-team league?

I like Kamara in the 2nd round. Would not keep Saquon or Kyler. Hold onto the #6 overall pick.

the QB position is so deep...not sure I would keep Herbert in the 3rd...in a 10-team league.

keep A.J. Brown in the 6th round
stick95
AG
It's a 12 team superflex, so QB is not quite as deep but it also is not scarce.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
ac04
in order of most value relative to the round you'd be keeping them, i would have it:

dobbins
sanders
AJ brown
burrow
kamara
herbert
kyler
saquon
GCP12
AG
It's tough with it being a superflex, but I'd be really interested in keeping your top 3. I happen to own all 3 of those guys on my dynasty team, so I'm a little biased, but that's a hell of a core while keeping your top 5 picks.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Kamara Herbert Brown hands down
DuckDown2013
AG
Kyler, kamara, brown.

Top 3 qb, top 3 rb, top 15 wr.
Goldie Wilson
Kamara, Brown, and either Kyler or Herbert. If you don't keep Kyler, who would you expect to be available with that pick?
dixichkn
AG
Depends on who's available to be picked in the 1st round. If you can get a top RB I think I'd pass on Kyler and keep Herbert or maybe even Burrow who's a stupendous value at 10. But if all the stud RB (and Kelce) are going to be off the board, then yeah keep Kyler. Kamara and Brown are easy keeps
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.